• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora is the MOM? Theory (KH3RM/UXDR Spoilers) Please share your thoughts...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

IrishKeeper28

I have a theory. There will be spoilers involved so please, if you do not want anything to be spoiled, turn back!!!

I believe KH is building the Master of Masters up to be Sora. Is it possible that the Master of Masters is a Time travelling Sora, who has witnessed where the world is destined to end up without his intervention? After years of trying to defend and protect the light, he ultimately realises its futile to protect the light, and he goes right back to guide events to play the part of a Villian of Light?

When we see the MOM, we know he knows far more than he pretends to know, he sets up the Foretellers to ultimately fail at their roles of avoiding the Keyblade and are suggested to be potential new villians, despite their affiliation with light. Ultimately, MOM has to have seen how events played out to know how to guide these figures into place, and that includes Sora. What if everything Sora has went through has been a challenge put in motion by a version of himself.

1) I just rewatched the Secret Boss Battle in ReMind, and I couldn't help but feel that Yozora knows something or someone we don't just yet. He wandered into Shibuya and was given trials, and the last one was 'Save Sora' before engaging in battle. Now, if you are familiar with the DLC, you know this ends in two ways; Sora defeats Yozora and he says something that suggests that the timing isn't right, or Sora falls, gets crystallized and Yozora tells him he'll save him. Both endings suggest that Yozora witnessed the fight (and possibly the entire KH Series) in a dream, and quotes KH's opening lines; I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real or not? That Driver seems very familiar, almost like he's more involved than we know just yet. The MOM exists in this world, and much like the foretellers before him, Yozora was given tasks to fulfill to deem he was worthy of something; his final task is to 'Save Sora'.

What if the reason he has to'Save Sora' is because Sora's path as it plays out is doomed? It leads to anguish and loss, and the MOM has went back to rewrite his path, in him being the ultimate virus that could change destiny?

2) At the beginnings of Dark Road, Xehanort wakes up on Destiny Island's; waking from a dream in which he saw the events of KHX from the perspective of the Player Character, before Ansem SOD appears and puts events into motion that would ultimately lead to KH3, and where we are now. This mirrors Yozora viewing events in his dreams that have already happened, that ultimately affect where he goes and what he does. We end Chapter One of DR, with a four year flash forward, that sees Xehanort expiriencing the loss of four friends and feeling some sort of responsibility for it.

Ultimately, Xehanort had to have been the perfect pick for an older Sora to pick; he knows how strong he would become, the challenges he would face and that he was from Destiny Island; He was an important part. In his final scene, he talks about wanting balance and ultimately he 'gave' Sora his own Keyblade, in recognising that he wasn't the one who would actually bring it; Sora was. Going forward, this could mean that Xehanort's Keyblade is actually Sora's. We could start a conversation on why the eye is blue, rather than yellow as it has been suggested that yellow eyes indicate darkness or being possessed by Xehanort. Why is the Eye blue in the Keyblade unless it has an affiliation to something other than Darkness.

3) At the beginning of ReMIND; The Master of Masters makes himself known to Xehanort, and guides him on a path that is supposedly his destiny; When Xehanort asks his name, the viewer does not hear it but we are shown a bright light; suggesting a name that has something to do with light, or an affiliation with light. The only male character we have seen to be undeniable affiliated with the Light is Sora. Its clear that going foreward in the series, we are going to see more of the middle ground of light versus darkness; The foretellers being villians, potentially dark characters being heroes. etc.

sakonan7

Awards
I think Sora and Yozora are incarnations of MoM. Maybe for Sora, MoM created Sora to see what would happen if he didn't have a Keyblade. I think MoM might look like both of them. MoM definitely doesn't use the name Sora because when Xehanort meets Sora, he dismisses him as a nobody. MoM's name doesn't have any meaning or tell Xehanort about who he is because Xehanort says he never learned or never will learn who MoM is. MoM also does not use the name of anyone in the present for that reason. There's also the fact MoM tells his name, but doesn't reveal his face.

Swing

Awards
I could see the MoM been revealed as an older Sora, similar to Vanitas revealing himself as a darker version of Sora. But I'm not sure if this would shock people again like with Vanitas. I could also see him as an older version of Riku with black hair. We don't have a black-haired Riku yet. Would fit along with Vanitas and Xion.

Foxycian

Awards
“IMO” that would be bad if he was MoM, cause Nomura himself said Sora is an ordinary boy who wasn’t chosen by the keyblade, he said that was done on purpose so it would be easy for Everyone to relate to his character, making Sora MoM is just Gonna make him yet another special Snowflake, I just hope Nomura doesn’t see these kind of topics and starts changing his mind.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora and MoM are so radically different in personality that it's hard for me to imagine them as the same people. Even in Sora's sillier moments he was never that eccentric

Cumguardian69

Awards
Sora was an islander born a few years before the events of BBS, but ACKSHUALLY he's a time traveler who fought in the ORIGINAL (pinky promise *wink*) Keyblade War where there were no other Keyblade Masters? Give me a break. I mean, Nomura probably did think of this as a possibility but it's just too far fetched.

SuperNova

Awards
Personally, the idea of Sora being the MOM has always bothered me. Why would Nomura insist on Sora being an average islander kid and THEN turn around and make him the very penultimate bad guy who created keyblades AND started the entire Keyblade War? No. I don't think even in his more cliche moments that Nomura would be that obtuse.

Chie

Awards
I mean, growing up into being the MoM doesn't really invalidate that he really is an average islander kid in the present. Still, I'm really happy with MoM as he is, though I guess there must be some twist to him to keep him hooded and unnamed for so long.

Chie

Awards
How could he be born 4 yrs before BBS but also be from the AoFT?
Because he time travelled, which is what the OP is suggesting. Did you read?

Incidentally, the UX scene where he talks about an even earlier keyblade war would be pretty good evidence for MoM being a time-travelling *someone*. Participated in a keyblade war? Battle between light and darkness had been going on since he was a kid? There were other keyblade masters but he's the only one that mattered? All of that fits a grown-egotistical Sora or any other keyblader from his generation.

D

Deleted member 246005

In the other thread i mentioned this suggestion reminds me Archer from Fate Stay Night.

Basically Archer's an older version of series hero Shiro Emiya but he lost his ideals due to an offscreen event(s). So i can see Sora/MoM following that path.

MoM is an older Sora(40-50s) who lost his optimism and adopted a pessimistic outlook on life.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In the other thread i mentioned this suggestion reminds me Archer from Fate Stay Night.

Basically Archer's an older version of series hero Shiro Emiya but he lost his ideals due to an offscreen event(s). So i can see Sora/MoM following that path.

MoM is an older Sora(40-50s) who lost his optimism and adopted a pessimistic outlook on life.
Humoring the Sora=MoM theory, perhaps something happened to Sora where he realized that not every time he can intervene and get what he wants.

D

Deleted member 246005

Humoring the Sora=MoM theory, perhaps something happened to Sora where he realized that not every time he can intervene and get what he wants.
Yeah he'd probably have some regrets over how he was as Sora. Same way we can have regrets over what we did when we were younger.

I can see it as a way to explore free will versus fate, determinism, do the ends justify the means?, etc.

I think it can be a way to give Sora some depth but i could see it failing. The series hasn't succeeded at that so far to me so this maybe to big a task.

It might be best to create a new character to fill that role.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxycian

Awards
if Nomura made Sora MoM then that just shows he doesn’t care anymore, just look at the messes that is Dragon ball super and naruto

dragon ball super doesn’t feel like it’s following the timeline anymore and soo many plot holes and bad powerlevels

Naruto was a character that was supposed to teach that hard works beats talent but look at him now... Naruto barely train as much as rock lee yet he gotten super strong cause the prophecy nonsense and cause he is soo important😒🤣

I don’t want Sora to go through that, Nomura said Sora is an ordinary boy who was made like that on purpose for people to relate to him, if he decides to make Sora To be MoM, then the guy just simply doesn’t care anymore about the story or sora’s character.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Naruto was a character that was supposed to teach that hard works beats talent but look at him now... Naruto barely train as much as rock lee yet he gotten super strong cause the prophecy nonsense and cause he is soo important😒🤣
This is LITERALLY Sora in KH3 haha, constantly Sora is told to stop being stupid and selfish, to start using his head yet he still wins in the end because THA POWAH OF FRIENDSHIP XD. KH has zero consistency in powerlevels, people lose just for the sake of losing.

But the real problem with Sora being MOM isn't the consistency in the Sora character, but more from bad groundwork from a plot perspective. We already have a working timeline, we know Sora is a recent character in the kh timeline, for him to magically be a time traveler from XXXX Before Keyblade Era would be ridiculous

Chie

Awards
I hate to break it to you guys but "power levels" isn't a real thing and even if it was it would still be stupid. Stories aren't about characters' stats. (I say this knowing that 3D/3 spent too much time faffing about "powers" wrt Sora, Axel and Kairi, but the fact that it added nothing kind of proves what I'm saying.)

Cumguardian69

Awards
"Power levels" in the sense that a rank 1 > rank 2 don't exist in KH, but if you want me to believe that 'mastery of the keyblade' can be represented by a title and some extra perks (aka Keyblade Master), then you need to award it appropriately.

Imagine that Sora, through all his struggles and nonsense, becomes the Master of Masters. How would that even play out? After his exploits in KW 2.0, he gets thrust into Yozora's world (or RINBO), faces some trials there then realizes that DARKNESS IS THE TRUE ENEMY? Does he then pull a Luke Skywalker and burn the old Keyblade Order down? No. That doesn't make sense. Can't suspend disbelief for that

SuperNova

Awards
I simply don't see the appeal in Sora being the MoM. Its cliche to have the main character turn out to be the main bad guy all along. Sora being the Messiah of KH is bad enough, I'd rather have a new character be his Antithesis instead of it just being another Sora.

Cumguardian69

Awards
MoM isnt even positioned to be "the main bad guy", we dont even know what his cabal's goals are lol

Back