• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by MerelyP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. MerelyP

How Destiny Islands are used as a design structure in Kingdom Hears

As an island child myself who spent most of my teenage life at boarding school, I constantly questioned why my parents had chosen to settle in such a small and remote place (I can appreciate their decision these days, but 15 year old me was constantly frustrated that I had to spend most of my...
  2. MerelyP

Hi Catcake, I also feel that’s pretty much the gist of the trope, and it usually works quite well as it ties aspects of game-structure and gameplay (tutorials, introducing basic concepts to the player, allowing for safe exploration) with elements of narrative (introducing characters before...
  3. MerelyP

Hi there guys and girls, I'm a game blogger looking to engage more with the fandoms of the games I write about. A little while back I started a series of articles on how islands are used as settings in games, largely because I was born and raised on an island. For the second article I...
  4. MerelyP

Blogger and lifelong series fan hoping to meet KH fans

Hi there KH Insider community, I'm a longtime KHI reader who's been a fan of Kingdom Hearts since the very first game. I'm also a games blogger looking to engage more with the fans of the games I write about, and also to hopefully drum up some interest in my blog. I'd love to hear from you...
Back