• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Intro For Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Ugh Axel sounds weird, but not bad...

I hope that was not Xemnas, it sounded like Xaldin

XYZ

Before this video I had never really gotten a good look at the back of Axel's head. But now I can tell.. It looks like an explosion.

A

Azrael

Saix sounds simply epic for the intro. I kind of wanted Xemnas though

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...My previously blind faith in the accuracy of the dubs is dying, video by video ;___;

At least they have good VA. <3

Paroxysm

...My previously blind faith in the accuracy of the dubs is dying, video by video ;___;

At least they have good VA. <3

Seconded. I've checked out the rest of the videos, and sad to say, I'm quite disappointed with how they altered some of the characters' lines along with their original meanings.

:(

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Without spoiling anything crucial, can you give me an example?
Instead of doing direct translations, they altered the sentence structure and words so it'd be more like standard English.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Well of course not. This is a different region for the same game, not the whole thing retooled and remade.

XYZ

∞;4456435 said:
Well of course not. This is a different region for the same game, not the whole thing retooled and remade.
Lol, it sounds like they are upset because they localized it??

Paroxysm

∞;4456418 said:
Instead of doing direct translations, they altered the sentence structure and words so it'd be more like standard English.

Yeah, but some have been altered until they lose their original meaning, especially to follow the mouth movements. It's just a little pet peeve of mine.

The voice acting's pretty great, although Axel sounds a little strange to me. :\

A

Azrael

∞;4456418 said:

Is that necessarily a bad thing? You can't have broken English in the dubs. Look in the end, I'm surprised that most of you fucks bitch about how Japanese VAs are better just because they sound better or is it because it's so darn impossible to understand them without subs that it's exotic. Stop bitching and enjoy the game.

XYZ

Lol. I like how experience Quinton is about it. He'll talk slow then real fast so it almost looks natural, but it really doesn't because Axel's mouth is just flabbing around. Like in the first U.S. trailer:
What do you want to do, Xion?
ZOMG, that looked terrible!!!!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It sounds pretty good. How in the world did they get this, anyway?
Axel irritates the piss out of me, "lol, i'm saying got it memorized even though the sentence doesn't even call for it lol".

But it's not like they changed the story right? That's what they did in the Chain of Memories remake.
The story didn't change in Re:CoM.

Paroxysm

Is that necessarily a bad thing? You can't have broken English in the dubs. Look in the end, I'm surprised that most of you fucks bitch about how Japanese VAs are better just because they sound better or is it because it's so darn impossible to understand them without subs that it's exotic. Stop bitching and enjoy the game.

Uhh, I don't think he was complaining at all. In fact, I think the only one expressing slight disappointment was me. :/

The VAs ARE pretty good.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Except I didn't say broken English. God you're dumb. I meant a literal translation with language that would be complete, but sound awkward, was adapted to make more sense in modern English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back