• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final fantasy XII, fun?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KieruTenshi

gensokyo :O having a danmaku battle wohoo!
so ...i bought this game some time ago but i never really enjoyed it like i did FFX or FFX-2
i chated with some friends and they talked about this game like if a God Gift ,but i dont understand why. Is there any secret to have fun in this game? like im level 31 and im fighting Monsters level 39 is that the reason im not having fun?

Swag

Young King
The thing about FFXII is, you either love it or you hate it. Personally, I loved it. If you take full advantage of the gambit system, the active battle mode, knowing which enemies to fight, all the shit you can collect, clan and normal hunts, not to mention the intriguingly political story there's just alot of fun to be had on FFXII.

Some people might say the story was weak, but that's just cause it's not like other RPG's which scream "I'M EMO AND I HATE ____ BECAUSE HE KILLED ____. LET'S GO TO (insert hidden ancient city name here) AND STOP HIM FROM TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH HIS POWERZ! BY THE WAY, I LOVE ____"

Other people don't like the gameplay and prefer classic, random, turn-based battles. It's all a matter of tastes really, just do me a favor and take advantage of all the game has to offer before you deem it "not fun".

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
I love that game. I would have probably treated it like a god given gift too. But I wouldn't really call it fun. The thing about the game mostly is the plot and characters. There's a lot of twists and the charaters are really deep. and the voice acting Japanese and English is amazing. the game play is new, and it takes time getting used to but I wouldn't call it fun. It's more like engaging.

and D2L is right. The plot is pretty new for a Final Fantasy.

Haku

<3
I personally love this game because its not like the typical FF game. Because usually if you're at a higher level than your enemies that means that you'll have no problem beating them, but in this version its nothing like like.

What really determines whether or not you beat bosses or enemies is how you have your gambits set to each situation and what sort of armor and accesories that you have on your party members.

I personally prefer this type of battle system over the random encounters because the game seems to go alot faster rather than you walking a couple of steps and being stopped just about every 10 seconds.

The quickening system is awesome as well, I must admit though I wished that each character could have more than 3 quickenings but that doesn't change that fact that you can cause major damage to all enemies depending on what concurrence you get to.

Lastly the other reason why I loved this game so much is that there are plenty of side quests and hunts to do that really test your abilities in battle.

KieruTenshi

gensokyo :O having a danmaku battle wohoo!
I personally prefer this type of battle system over the random encounters because the game seems to go alot faster rather than you walking a couple of steps and being stopped just about every 10 seconds.

QUOTE]
LOL! true ,principally cause when i was playing FFX-2 i Equiped the lure bracellet or something like that and just noticed about that Equipement effect on the end of the game, conclusion; each 5 steps a monster shows up X_x took me months to finish the game , so yeah better than random encounters XD

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Some people might say the story was weak, but that's just cause it's not like other RPG's which scream "I'M EMO AND I HATE ____ BECAUSE HE KILLED ____. LET'S GO TO (insert hidden ancient city name here) AND STOP HIM FROM TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH HIS POWERZ! BY THE WAY, I LOVE ____"

When in doubt, you can always resort to bashing Final Fantasy 7 because people don't all agree with you that one game is good. -__-...

Yeah, FF12 is fun, but it isn't for everyone. Some people say the gambit system removes the player from the game, but I feel it helps adds to the game if you use it correctly. Automated fights are kind of fun, but there is always room for user interaction. It comes down to a personal decision. The game is in my opinion one of the best in the series.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
so ...i bought this game some time ago but i never really enjoyed it like i did FFX or FFX-2
i chated with some friends and they talked about this game like if a God Gift ,but i dont understand why. Is there any secret to have fun in this game? like im level 31 and im fighting Monsters level 39 is that the reason im not having fun?
Everyone has got their own opinions on different games. You need to see what
the game is about before you buy it. That way you can be sure that you're spending
your money on what you like, not what everybody else likes :) I've seen opinions on this forum that are just down-right "bash for nothing" so check out what you plan on getting, decide if its what you want, then get it. You cant be disappointed like that, right? :thumbup:

Anyway, I agree with you, FFXII was not as fun as FFX-2 (IMO the most fun FF ever), and it didnt hook me to the game like FFX did. The battle system was alright but it was kinda slow compared to FFX-2. I hated the license grid because as much as people say "its just like the Sphere Grid", its not -- It's way different. The characters were only visually characters otherwise anyone can do anything and wield any weapon. That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back