• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Funko announces Kingdom Hearts Plushies at Toy Fair New York 2017!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Funko is making a ton of new toy reveals at the 2017 Toy Fair in New York going on this weekend. One of this morning's reveals are a line of Kingdom Hearts plushies whch will be releasing sometime this year. You can view the concept art below: 

Source: Funko (link 1, link 2)

What do you all think about the new plushie toys coming from Funko?

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Xera Highwind

I don't mind plushies, in fact I would love one of them... IF it was the original characters. I am extremely irritated that all this merchandise is just Disney characters. They are the lesser part of the series. I mean, at least make Sora, the MAIN character of the game.

Pacrolash

Nah not my thing, I'm still on point with more original KH merch and not just Disney characters which we can get almost in every toy store. Difference only in clothing and price

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Why couldn't it have been Sora, Riku, and Kairi? :(

I love plushies, and love we're getting KH plushies, but I'm pretty miffed that the majority of all this merchandise has been the Disney trio.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
They are okay, I mean I have Funko plushies but I wish for it to be Sora, Riku and Kairi too.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I never buy the plushes.

Personally, I'm glad the Disney characters are getting their fanfare considering how much the fandom seems to hate the Disney aspect of the games. :p

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well, it's nice there are so many KH merchandises coming out - this is what we wanted for all these years after all, right?
it's just... it's really just Disney characters, which is rather upsetting imo. This could've been their chance to release more merch for the characters that didn't get nearly enough (Naminè, Kairi, everyone whose name isn't "Sora/Riku/Roxas").

@Tartarus: I don't hate the Disney aspect at all. Really. It's, like I said, a missed opportunity. Of course new KH merch is always appreciated, but...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I never buy the plushes.

Personally, I'm glad the Disney characters are getting their fanfare considering how much the fandom seems to hate the Disney aspect of the games. :p

They really don't. This is more of a matter of there already being tons of Disney merchandise for Disney characters already. Why do we need even more of it when there are literally over two dozen original characters with no merchandise at all.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I may actually get these and hope for plushies of the original cast (and Aqua). So far, I've only gotten plushies. Just Chirithy in fact, but I preordered the rerelease of the Shadow and I'd totes jump on board for a Dusk and a Flood.

People have been wanting KH merch.... of actual KH characters. I'm sure you can find Mickey, Donald, and Goofy plushies anywhere and you can call them KH plushies especially fi they're in their original outfits cause they literally are in the game. But there's barely anything of anyone else, and all the other merch announced lately is absolutely hideous and super cheap looking.

What is the deal? I though Nomura was all about quality. Funko is ok, but some of these other releases are not. I see such cute well done figures and merch of all different kinds of games and anime and Kingdom Hearts just continues to get... crap.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I threw a picture of the plushies on display into the OP so you can see what they actually look like :)

Muke

whatever
Awards
I threw a picture of the plushies on display into the OP so you can see what they actually look like :)
I don't know what it is, but something about them seems really off to me (especially Mickey looks awful imo because of his face or headshape). Are they prototypes or final?

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I don't know what it is, but something about them seems really off to me (especially Mickey looks awful imo because of his face or headshape). Are they prototypes or final?

They're prototypes.

They look a little off, but they're still cute. I might get them if they look good in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back