• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Funko announces Kingdom Hearts Plushies at Toy Fair New York 2017!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This ruined me

AM8x1Sm.png

XDA4SXN.png

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They are cute in a weird way. I'm so happy we have an official Dolan plush tho

I'd like to see these sold at the store I work at for sure

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
They don't look too bad. At least not as bad as the Domez lol. But Donald definitely does look like he's unintentionally stylized to look more like Dolan.

Yamuraiha

Awards
They look cute to me... in a derpy way LOL I think Goofy is the best one because he looks decent and not as derpy

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
What is the deal? I though Nomura was all about quality. Funko is ok, but some of these other releases are not. I see such cute well done figures and merch of all different kinds of games and anime and Kingdom Hearts just continues to get... crap.

As others have pointed out, if you look closely at the KH logo on the boxes, there is one name above it: Disney. I doubt Nomura had any real say in the decisions as of late with all of this merchandise.

That being said, this is all so new with KH merchandise and who knows what else being made privately, we may see more Sora/Riku/Roxas merchandise just yet. I specify them because, let's be real...merchandise of other characters?

laughing-gifs-joint-laughter.gif

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I would have thought Disney learned their lesson the first time they tried to sell super cheaply made KH merch...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The way I look at is we probably wouldn't have got any pops without Disney. The only connection SE has to Funko that I know of is the couple of Soul Eater and Black Butler pops that have been made, whereas Disney has lines upon lines upon lines of them.

And it's because I think Disney is the reason we even got these that I think they're testing the waters with Disney characters only. I don't believe Disney really sees KH as a lucrative merchandising property, and they approved characters that non-KH fans might consider buying. If these are successful, I'm sure we'll get a line of the original characters. And hopefully that'll wake SE up, and they'll give Funko access to their Final Fantasy characters, too.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The way I look at is we probably wouldn't have got any pops without Disney. The only connection SE has to Funko that I know of is the couple of Soul Eater and Black Butler pops that have been made, whereas Disney has lines upon lines upon lines of them.

And it's because I think Disney is the reason we even got these that I think they're testing the waters with Disney characters only. I don't believe Disney really sees KH as a lucrative merchandising property, and they approved characters that non-KH fans might consider buying. If these are successful, I'm sure we'll get a line of the original characters. And hopefully that'll wake SE up, and they'll give Funko access to their Final Fantasy characters, too.

Agreed. My brother recently went to Disney World and said that in a store with literally thousands of collectible Disney pins they only had one Kingdom Hearts pin that you could buy, and that was of a hooded Mickey Mouse. With them allowing access to their Disney characters, they're probably just seeing how successful these things end up being before they decide to open the flood gates and allow a Sora pop figure to be made.

Also, I have never really seen Disney advertise Kingdom Hearts in any way at all, especially at the parks, where Disney's stores are by far the most abundant. Even when the games are close to coming out I see nothing advertising wise, I don't think they want to advertise the series that much until they know the size of the fanbase they're dealing with here (although they've had 15 years to do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back