• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could We Be Seeing Kingdom Hearts in Disney Infinity Soon?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Disney Infinity is a game that is a lot like Kingdom Hearts. It features Disney and Marvel characters interacting with each other as you complete missions and edit your Toy Box to create worlds full of endless possibilities.

The idea for the game is simple: You purchase a figure which then get puts on the base plate allowing you to play as that character in the game. You can also get playsets which allows you to go through preset story levels. In your Toy Box, you can create anything in your imagination. You can build a dense city for your Marvel Super Heroes, a lush forest for Merida, a racing track for Lightning McQueen, and so much more.

Play as Stitch, Merida, Tinkerbell, Jasmine, and Donald Duck in Disney Infinity 2.0

But what if you could play as Sora in this world? What if you could open the Door to Darkness and let in the Heartless? What about Final Fantasy characters as well? While unconfirmed, a representative from Disney Infinity commented on a thread on the Disney Infinity forums in regards to the addition of Kingdom Hearts characters, toy sets, and more.

Unfortunately while it's no where near confirmed, it seems that demand for Kingdom Hearts content is there, and hopefully the developers seriously consider adding it in, expecially since it's exciting to imagine having Kingdom Hearts represented in a Disney Game.

Would you play Disney Infinity if Kingdom Hearts was in it? Would you just purchase an adorable Sora figure and not care about the game at all? To show your support, you can leave a message for the team on their forums, or leave a message on their Facebook or Twitter.

Remember to like KHInsider on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Tumblr for all the latest Kingdom Hearts news!

Hakan Xatos

Awards
True that would be interesting, but if Kingdom Hearts was in Disney Infinity with Marvel characters and people liked it what would happen if Disney wanted to push Marvel in Kingdom Hearts games? It's a two way bridge I'd expect Disney would try to cross. It's worth thinking about before pushing it, I've seen many people who don't want Marvel association with Kingdom Hearts and this is it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It'd boost the sales for the game by a decent amount.. But it's very much a kid's game. It'd also really cheese me off if Sora's first next-gen appearance was in Disney Infinity.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
I'd definitely feel a lot safe if any inclusion in Disney Infinity was after KH3. Just so if any Marvel or Star Wars characters wanted to cross that two-way bridge back into KH, we would be at least clear of the Xehanort Saga.
That should give Square a little more freedom with what worlds they want to include and also more time to think about how to properly implant those worlds.

As for the Infinity side of things, I don't know if it would make me buy the game, but I probably would buy the figures for our KH characters. They could go nicely with the Amiibos I don't have a Wii U for...

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As someone who plays DI, may I add my 2 munny worth?

There are 2 main modes of play in the series: Playsets & toybox. Playsets are basically the story modes of the game, each acting as its own standalone game based on a different disney property. Toybox is a level editor that utilizes many disney properties.

The big downside to playsets is that only so many of the produced figures can be used with them: the 1st year had sets based on Pixar films & live action Johnny Depp flicks (they were really banking a lot on Lone Ranger) whilst 2.0 focuses on Marvel heroes & pretty much everyone assumes year 3 will be Star Wars. As a result figures based on the core animated films have less functionality, only being playable in Toybox mode. Which ANY figure can be used in, one could simply stick to the figs that came with the game disc & still play the vast majority of the downloadable levels. Even after Ep7 it seems unlikely they'll then start making playsets for classic films, there's just always going to be something new that takes priority.

IMO a KH playset could potentially amend this shortcoming depending on how they go about it. The playset could come with Sora & Riku figures, depicting them in their KH1 forms. Players can play as these 2 through the entirety of the playset's story missions without needing any additional figures. However the worlds within the playset would be based on the figures that didn't get their own playsets before. So there would be Agrabah for Aladdin, Halloween Town for Jack Skellington, a Frozen world, a Brave world, The Grid for Sam & Quorra (spoilered due to being leaked future DI release) to give examples. Within the boundaries of each world players could start using the figures of characters native to that world: IE if in Halloween Town the player can play as Jack Skellington if he owns the Jack Skellington figure, same for the Aladdin figure in Agrabah & so forth. Each world would have character exclusive side missions (which is already standard for DI). The Mickey & Donald figures would be universal like Sora & Riku since those characters travel to all worlds in the main series.

This is how I can see the inclusion of KH being beneficial to DI, giving a bunch of mini-playsets to the figures that never got proper playsets before.

& then there's the unlockables for Toxbox editor: heartless enemies, a keyblade weapon that can wielded by any figure, a flyable gummiship...lots of goodies to aid creations.

Last edited:

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nice. I actually purchased the Donald Duck and Mickey figurines for Disney Infinity just because. I may have to try the game itself out now.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Great that the DI moderator knows what he's talking about because I can't imagine Kingdom Hearts without the cactuar townspeople, they're so adorable and quirky.:tongue:

Jokes aside all I heard from DI is that it's an enormous cash grab that preys on unsuspecting parents and other relatives, other than that I think the art is too stylized and often doesn't fit the source material at all. You have to admit that the KH series does a much better job in this regard.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Great that the DI moderator knows what he's talking about because I can't imagine Kingdom Hearts without the cactuar townspeople, they're so adorable and quirky.:tongue:
The first comment in their thread said;
There is now Mickey and Donald so maybe you should add Sora into the mix and then start using that idea for Disney Infinity 3.0 to be adding in Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts characters because there would be allot more fans.
so the Disney Infinity mod was responding to the Final Fantasy part of their post when they mentioned Cactuar townspeople...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
well my sister has DI and i think its a good multiplayer experience, as of now the play sets are mediocre but the toy boxes are the meat and backbone of the game. if they did the play sets right, it'd be a well rounded experience.

(and i maxed out my sister's iron man)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I can see this happening, but I'm on the fence whether or not I'd purchase it because of Sora's inclusion. I would love to see little cactuars errwherr tho.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I would severely doubt there would be any FF or other Square-owned characters even in a best case scenario. It'll probably just be the original KH characters since those are Disney owned.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
I have Disney infinity, but the game never really appealed to me. If kingdom hearts characters were in it, I would for sure play the game then! I can see Sora and Riku both being characters for it. There can't just be one character from something. It's more fun multiplayer! And that would be like a multiplayer kingdom hearts game! I hope they highly consider it. Sora would be the one Disney infinity character I would actually pay full price for too, lol!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
The moment I saw the title of the article from ign. The first thing that came across my head was having Disney Infinity in Kingdom Hearts...until I reread it lol. That would seem really weird.

It'll be well deserved for Kingdom Hearts to be part of the Disney Infinity series. That'll show the true potential of every hero in one side.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The moment I saw the title of the article from ign. The first thing that came across my head was having Disney Infinity in Kingdom Hearts...until I reread it lol. That would seem really weird.

It'll be well deserved for Kingdom Hearts to be part of the Disney Infinity series. That'll show the true potential of every hero in one side.

keyblade graveyard themed toy box with unversed randomly popping up, i'd play for that and if they do bbs figures i want the armored ones.

as a gimmick to help them get better sales, they can have the keyblades have stats and be removable, interchangeable and sell them like power discs. $5 for a pack of keyblades isn't too bad but $5 a piece would be too much.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What article on IGN?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Nevermind. I had it confused with ign. Noticed it was from my newsfeed from Facebook coming from the KHInsider's. My apologies for the confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back