• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Teased in Latest 2.5 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Fans of the Kingdom Hearts series were given a wonderful treat at the end of the newest Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- E3 2014 trailer earlier this evening. A brief, but intense tease of Kingdom Hearts III featuring two young gentlemen discussing the legend of the Keyblade War was shown and has since inspired dozens of new discussions surrounding the brief dialogue.

Who are the two men talking with each other & who are the "lost masters" they are referring to?

"Have you heard of the ancient Keyblade War? Many years ago, Keyblade wielders started a war over the ownership of light."

"Yep, the Master loves telling that story."

"Then I take it you also know of the "lost masters"?"

"Nope, where'd you hear about that?"

"On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire. But you knew that, didn't you?"

While it is yet unconfirmed who the two males are, it is undeniable that they are Xehanort and Eraqus as young apprentices during their time in the Land of Departure. You can see Xehanort's gloved hand and both Xehanort's & Eraqus' trademark hairstyles in the sketch that has been inverted and enhanced below:

As to who the "lost masters" are, it is possible this is in reference to the Foretellers from the non-canon social game Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]. While the game itself is not canon to the series, earlier this year in January, an important piece of dialogue was revealed within the game's ongoing scenario that tied Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] and Kingdom Hearts III together. It was revealed by Chirithy, one of the characters who guides the player on their journey to gather light in order to save the World from darkness, that the Foretellers knew of the fate of the future:

Before my master, He who created me, disappeared,

He bestowed His six followers with new names, and gave five of them a tome of prophecy.

These five followers, who were to become the Foretellers, read the future written in the tome.

Apparently a passage written on the last page shocked them.

"The war in that place will lead to the defeat and destruction of the Light. 
The World will be enveloped in eternal Darkness."

In order to save the future World, the five Foretellers thought to use the power hidden in the tome of prophecy.

How does this play into Kingdom Hearts III? Perhaps you all should deliberate about it in the comments below!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all the latest news on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- and Kingdom Hearts 3!

MizuMikomi

Awards
So I can't be the only one that noticed the flashing III actually changed form and was surrounded by chains as part of it dissipated at teh end...right? New Logo at @ E3 incoming, I'd bet.

kingsoraful

Awards
So I can't be the only one that noticed the flashing III actually changed form and was surrounded by chains as part of it dissipated at teh end...right? New Logo at @ E3 incoming, I'd bet.

i notice it but not the first time. The first time I was just gazing at the beautiful bbs scenes in hd. I think we're definitely gonna get something in regards to kh3. If. It's like a teaser trailer all tgs 2004 for kh2 so be it. It may reveal a world or two.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Does anyone have a screenshot of this? That 'III' mark flashes so briefly at the end I'd never be able to notice this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This one?
WrHIR76.png

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's too quick to view so until I slow it down, this was the only other screenshot I could get.
7GC7cXw.png

Edit: yeah those aren't chains. It's just distortion.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It's too quick to view so until I slow it down, this was the only other screenshot I could get.
7GC7cXw.png

Edit: yeah those aren't chains. It's just distortion.

I figured. Too bubbly to be chains. Although, I'm up for a new KH3 logo being revealed. Don't know why, but the current one looks... weird to me. It looks cartoony. It's hard to describe, but all the previous logos have this sharp clarity to them, but the KH3 logo looks like it got a little drop of Comic Sans in there or something.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Slowed it down. There's 4 shots to the entire thing, including the two I've posted.

The first is just the bottom of the logo spread out across the bottom under a distortion bar. The second is half the logo. Then you have those two above.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Slowed it down. There's 4 shots to the entire thing, including the two I've posted.

The first is just the bottom of the logo spread out across the bottom under a distortion bar. The second is half the logo. Then you have those two above.

Fuzzy distortion it is, then. Cool :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Looks almost like the Logo is underwater seen through a moving current.
Maybe a nod to the awakenings which also start always with someone falling into a dark "ocean".

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Looks almost like the Logo is underwater seen through a moving current.
Maybe a nod to the awakenings which also start always with someone falling into a dark "ocean".

Given that whole thing about the Light expiring or falling into darkness and such, that would make a lot of sense, actually.

kingsoraful

Awards
Did u guys checkout the listing on imdb for kh3? Characters from treasure planet emperors new groove and Atlantis are listed as is Iago and 2 final fantasy characters, Vincent valentine and lightning. Take with a grain of salt because imdb are not really that reliable.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Given that whole thing about the Light expiring or falling into darkness and such, that would make a lot of sense, actually.

There is this old saying that it is darkest before the dawn, so things going further downhill and getting more dire before completely turned around with a full U-turn of Sora and his friends to save the day is actually pretty common storytelling. You can find it in nearly every season/arc finale of any series or many last films/books in a row.

In Star Wars the Battle of Endor with the operative Death Star and the Emperor revealing that it was all a trap,
LoTR with the Battle of the Pelennor Fields and Black Gate, Frodo succumbing to the ring etc. are just two examples.

Since KH III is the "season"/arc finale for the first saga of KH I expect something along those lines.

Did u guys checkout the listing on imdb for kh3? Characters from treasure planet emperors new groove and Atlantis are listed as is Iago and 2 final fantasy characters, Vincent valentine and lightning. Take with a grain of salt because imdb are not really that reliable.

Lol, sounds more like someone was entering his/her wild fantasies/wishes into Imdb rather than anything substantiated.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Given that Imdb really only deals with films, I doubt their information is solid. Do they have sources or anything?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
imdb is totally reliable though

i mean we all know how appropriate james earl jones was as aqua, right?

kingsoraful

Awards
Nah it's like Wikipedia pretty much. Anybody can edit it. I can't wait for e3. I'm suspecting something along the lines of tgs 2004 showing off at last one new world and a returning world. New world should be frozen or aizar world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back