• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is better: Sora or Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who's better, Sora or Roxas?

• Sora

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Roxas

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I can't choose, they're both awesome!

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khandbz

I love them both but if i had to pick one roxas because 2 keyblades double trouble.Don't get me wrong sora's tight to but until he gets 2 keyblades full time roxas.:cool::biggrin::redface::confused:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: Who is better sora or roxas?

Who's better is largely a matter of opinion and who's stronger is as well. Strength wise I'd rank them around even, sora won their one fight by a surprise attack after all.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Who is better sora or roxas?

Yeah, it really does depend on what you mean by "better" since it's really subjective. There are so many criteria that can go into what determines which is better and is such a vague concept, if one really wanted to really get into it they could go into deep analysis for a while.

e.g. things to consider:

Personality
Combative skills
Character design/aesthetics
Character development
Characterization
Character relationships
"Rule of Cool"
Contribution to the story
Accomplishments
Failings

Just to name a few. But for the sake of conversation (and to stop raining on this thread's parade) I think Sora's the over all "better" of the two. He just has the advantage that Roxas doesn't of having more screen time, characterization, character development, more developed relationships, stronger "Rule of Cool", contributes more to the story and has fulfilled more accomplishments. Roxas has always bored me to be honest and I find a lot of slack given to his character because he can dual wield (which Sora can do too).

And I feel this needs a poll~

Shasta

Awards
I'm not going to say either is better than the other, but I did vote Roxas, not for his combat skills, but simply how he acts. I love Sora and Roxas equally but, Roxas was always more down to earth. It seems as if Roxas took Sora's personality from the first Kingdom Hearts. He was more or less naive during that time period, Sora became more of an "anime" character over time.

Watanuki-kun

Website
www.fanfiction.net
If I'm considering personailty and gameplay I'll go with Roxas. Ever since the beginning of KH2 you're interduce to Roxas and not Sora and the more you spent time with him the more you realize he's just a poor little boy who never wish to be a part of Ansem's crusade. He didn't want to disappear. He just wanted to spend his time and goof around with his friends and be a normal teenager with no responsibilites of uniting with his somebody to save the world. He sacrificed alot but I'm happy that now at list Naminie is around him. So YEAH, I love Roxas more than Sora because Sora is a walking pile of never ending sunshine. At list Ventus was a happy child that got a painful experience in order to grow. Sora is just... happy T.T

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Roxas is a more complex character to be sure. On the other hand, some might consider Roxas to fall closer to the "angsty JRPG character" trope, which Sora is nowhere near.

In combat, they're equals. Though Sora does have more abilities.

It's hard to choose between the two... so my vote goes to Ventus.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Roxas is a more complex character to be sure. On the other hand, some might consider Roxas to fall closer to the "angsty JRPG character" trope, which Sora is nowhere near.

Sora's just another JRPG character trope, aka "obnoxiously upbeat and optimistic shonen protagonist" :p

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Sora's just another JRPG character trope, aka "obnoxiously upbeat and optimistic shonen protagonist" :p
Ehhh, that's more anime than JRPG, generally.

Not sure I'd call him "obnoxiously upbeat" either. Just optimistic.

Wander

I think Roxas brings out the Final Fantasy aspect of Kingdom Hearts, and Sora the Disney aspect, which I find interesting.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for a good sob story, and I love Roxas to death, my vote goes to him.

sophia

I cant say really..I like both characters alot. But I feel sorry for Roxas and I find his character a bit more interesting then sora.

WarpChaos

Wow, surprised Roxas is winning. Anyway, strength-wise, endgame KH2 Sora is probably the most powerful character in the series at that time. The events of DDD have crippled him emotionally at least, and we've yet to see if it has had any effect on his actual physical strength. As for Roxas, well he is an incomplete being until he fused with Sora. Personality-wise, Sora is Happy go lucky, and Roxas is emo, so thatt's not really a comparison. You can't really compare the two, but I'd have to say Sora either way.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora was best in KH1. He was an all around more competent fellow who didn't ask too many questions, and was even pretty wise for his age. One could argue his characterization wasn't fleshed out enough, but I'd have to assume the contrary. His lack of personality and vocal interjections in the plot, at least up until the last act of the game, was actually a smart move on Squares part. These games are supposed to be about going on a Disney themed adventure, so putting a blank slate character that you could easily project onto was actually kind of genius. You felt the wonder of seeing these characters you've always known, without interruption. In future titles past COM, Sora becomes an obnoxious anime stereotype who talks way too much. It's toned down in DDD, but it shouldn't stop there. I like his speeches about light and shit, but only when speaking to one of the game-specific antagonists, since they're cheesy and enjoyable.

In KHIII, I'm hoping this "Mature Sora" business actually means something. Because all I can imagine "more mature" meaning at this point, is a return to form for our main character's roots. Why oh why it got this way, I'll never know...

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sora was best in KH1. He was an all around more competent fellow who didn't ask too many questions, and was even pretty wise for his age. One could argue his characterization wasn't fleshed out enough, but I'd have to assume the contrary. His lack of personality and vocal interjections in the plot, at least up until the last act of the game, was actually a smart move on Squares part. These games are supposed to be about going on a Disney themed adventure, so putting a blank slate character that you could easily project onto was actually kind of genius. You felt the wonder of seeing these characters you've always known, without interruption. In future titles past COM, Sora becomes an obnoxious anime stereotype who talks way too much. It's toned down in DDD, but it shouldn't stop there. I like his speeches about light and shit, but only when speaking to one of the game-specific antagonists, since they're cheesy and enjoyable.

In KHIII, I'm hoping this "Mature Sora" business actually means something. Because all I can imagine "more mature" meaning at this point, is a return to form for our main character's roots. Why oh why it got this way, I'll never know...

Couldn't agree more when it comes to kh1-CoM Sora, his character post CoM was to close to a shoenen update. I'm hoping the "more mature" stuff is him regaining a bit of his kh1 characterization back.

KHISGREAT

As a character I like Roxas more mainly because he is darker than sora. Sora is a little to happy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back