• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada Hikaru makes her official return to music!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i honestly want this for III, it is perfection

If only. It is literally NEWS ZERO's new ending theme. (A news show with an ending theme. Japan is full of wonders)

It is definitely beautiful, though. ;A;

We have to keep believing like Nomura. I refuse to let FFXV top KH3 with Flo+Mo!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If only. It is literally NEWS ZERO's new ending theme. (A news show with an ending theme. Japan is full of wonders)

It is definitely beautiful, though. ;A;

We have to keep believing like Nomura. I refuse to let FFXV top KH3 with Flo+Mo!

tabata: [drastically alters versus xiii]
nomura: wow. how can i beat that. [announces FF7R]

tabata, sweating: oh y-yeah. [hires florence welsh for XV theme among other amazing event features]
nomura: did you forget about kingdom hearts iii? [laughs as tabata is sent to the shadow realm]

on subject, it is actually the type of song i'd want for III. bittersweet, slow, something similar would be a nice farewell. something to say "this is the end of the line folks".

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Those lyrics, though. Both songs seem to be about her deceased mother, and motherhood in general, so I guess we have a common theme for this album (Sakura Nagashi is also about motherhood, and will probably be on the album, as well)

Her voice sounds the same, but her writing has really matured.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;ASl2cluuyIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASl2cluuyIU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;0VyKWWb46oQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VyKWWb46oQ[/video]

If y'all missed out

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If y'all missed out
I'm enjoying the way her comeback has subtly shifted the emphasis from her status as pop star to singer-songwriter; she has always encompassed both qualities, but from the photo shoots to the music videos to even the digital single artwork, it feels like the focus has been placed squarely on the music and not on cultivating a specific media image this time around. Which, honestly, I think she's wanted to do for a long time, so good for her. Either way, both of these songs stand as such powerful showcases of her range, I'm all aboard the post-hiatus bandwagon.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Is she working for the music in kh 3?

There has not been any official confirmation that Utada is creating song a for KHIII.
There was this artwork done by Nomura that had Utada in it, and below her in the ocean there was a KH command board that had the option "sing". People think that it was probably Nomura asking/pleading/etc.. if Utada would be interested of creating a new song.

Man, I still haven`t heard the two new songs from her. Gotta give them a listen soon.

Last edited:

shuyin_zer0

Awards
I'm enjoying the way her comeback has subtly shifted the emphasis from her status as pop star to singer-songwriter; she has always encompassed both qualities, but from the photo shoots to the music videos to even the digital single artwork, it feels like the focus has been placed squarely on the music and not on cultivating a specific media image this time around. Which, honestly, I think she's wanted to do for a long time, so good for her. Either way, both of these songs stand as such powerful showcases of her range, I'm all aboard the post-hiatus bandwagon.

Late reply, but she's always had the singer-songwriter status lol. One of the things that has kept her in the spotlight (especially for how young she was) is that she writes all of her own lyrics and melodies, and the maturity they've always had.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Late reply, but she's always had the singer-songwriter status lol. One of the things that has kept her in the spotlight (especially for how young she was) is that she writes all of her own lyrics and melodies, and the maturity they've always had.
Very true, which is why I said she has always encompassed both qualities. Her strength as a songwriter has always been the cornerstone of her career, but if you look at past releases, I feel like there's a trend of building a sort of diva or pop star image for her and capitalizing on it (which is fine, she's a pop star and that's how the industry works). Conversely, the release of her two newest singles has been a sort of slow burn of information that hasn't used her "face" (so-to-speak) very much at all: it feels like the music is being allowed to speak for itself. And I just get the feeling from her blog and past interviews that this is what she's always wanted to do with her music. This might also have to do with her being a new mom and not having the time or energy for a huge media blitz, though. :p

Anyway, not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but the new album has been given a release date of September 28th!
News (EN) | Hikki's WEBSITE

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I am so, so happy. Just read an article about the release. So much releasing around my bday this year~

Can't wait to hear her material again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back