• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix wants YOU for a Kingdom Hearts Video!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They did a few events for fans who were in London in the lead up to KH1.5's release. They might do some more again in a few months. Hopefully you can attend those if they are doing it! :)

I'd love to know about events such as these in advance, that way I could probably make it to London.

Lenneth

Awards
Awwn, I wish I could participate T^T. This is such an awesome event. Oh well.... Good luck for those who can!! =D

Snorlaxation

I got my email today too! But, alas... I won't be able to go. :frown:$$
Still, it felt wonderful reading that email. Whoever else is going, I hope you have a good time.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
You guys should totally show us your entry videos.

SonicKeyblade007

Has anyone else received an email from Square Enix? I sent mine a few days ago but I still haven't received anything from them? /:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm hearing that applicants who received an acceptance letter are allowed to bring a +1 for the recording?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think the only time Square Enix held an event for Kingdom Hearts in a different part of the country was the Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] event in New York City, which was only possible because of Nintendo.

If it's cheap for Square Enix, being able to hire out a place or even using a room they own to film these videos with, then it makes sense they'd do it close to their main offices.

They also did one at Nintendo World for Re:Coded so it most definitely was because the venue was there and probably free ^_^ So really, the east coast has had equal events as the west coast now. Re:Coded and DDD for east, KH1.5 launch + this for KH2.5. I do expect another launch event for 2.5 and since SENA is based in LA, most events will be there.

brb MOVING OUT TO CA!!!!

I'm hearing that applicants who received an acceptance letter are allowed to bring a +1 for the recording?

Gah, I wish I lived on the west coast, I would have applied, but the last thing I need is to get accepted and then be torn over spending that much money on a plane ticket for 1 day. I would literally have to spend all my savings over years to attend this if I got accepted...maybe if it were KH3 lol not 2.5.

SonicKeyblade007

I was accepted! I'm so excited I can't wait to head to Burbank tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts about the event probably tomorrow afternoon since my time slot is in the morning. :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dear KHInsider, it is hot here in Burbank today. To be fair, it is always hot in Burbank (being here every week is a trying task), but today is a melting kind of day. Things have been seen, histories learned, photos taken.

red5

Burbank was indeed very hot today. The shoot was at the Disney Studios Lot; they took us on a quick walking tour of the lot, we got to take as many pictures as we wanted... They also had one of the official prop Keyblades there, and were letting us pose and take pictures with it. Majorly cool.

I'm afraid I can't tell you how the filming was *supposed* to go, because (at least for the morning/early afternoon group), things did not quite go according to the original plan. From what I can tell, in the initial email people were given staggered arrival times of 9:00, 9:30, etc, on to about 11:00 or 11:30? At least for our group. Then at check in they were giving you either a red or green numbered card, with I think red being the earlier groups. (I was red, in the 10:30 group.) They were originally having the initial groups wait in line, while the later groups waited to the side or went on tours. Then... no one was really calling the later groups to the line, and I think we all just started migrating to the line because more and more time was passing and we weren't sure what to do. Then they broke off what ended up being the vast majority of the line to go shoot our testimonials outside (in Legends Plaza, if you're curious). We did some group shots, lots of cheering and yelling, it was fun. At that point, though, they were pretty much saying, they were going to film all of the people with red cards, and if they had time, they would film people with green cards. Then it turned into, they were taking us all in groups of four and five at a time, then we were done. All told, I spent about 4 hours there.

What I am *told* was happening with the indoor filming was that people were filmed individually, with a Kingdom Hearts banner and green screen behind them. Unfortunately, never got the chance to find out. It seemed like there were more people there than they could process in the time they had, so they ended up just rushing through what was left of the morning group, and no one knew if or when they were supposed to get in the line, so people from later groups were getting through before people from earlier groups had been told to even stand in line. A little chaotic and a bit disappointing that I didn't really get to do the actual testimonial experience, but I'm glad I went. Also got to meet some pretty cool people and geek out together. :)

Awards
I can definitely agree with you guys that it was hot today!

Same thing happened in the later groups. I got there around 4 pm. Some people with certain colored cards didn't get to film testimonals, but luckily my plus 1 and I were in the group that got to film! We filmed in groups of 2 or 3 outside in Legends Plaza like red5 said. They just asked us basic questions (the same ones from the initial submission) and just they filmed us giving our answers. From what I understand is that they're going to send the testimonials over to the game developers and they're going to film their reactions to our testimonials! So that's cool! The tour was pretty cool though I've always wanted to see the studios. :) Would've been cool to do an individual filming though D:

Last edited:

SonicKeyblade007

Burbank was great. Basically at the Kingdom Hearts event we got a tour of the Disney Studio Lot and then got to take a picture with the keyblade. After that we got to be interviewed about our thoughts of the Kingdom Hearts franchise. I had a lot of fun and was able to make some new friends. Though it was pretty hot in Burbank though. If I could do this event over again, I would try to be more social, I was admittedly pretty shy and introvert at the event, oh well, I'll definitely be more out going at the next Kingdom Hearts event. There bound to have some for Kingdom Hearts III :)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm glad to here everyone enjoyed their time despite the line not being so efficient. Considering Disney (or SE) doesn't do this often, I'm not shocked that the system was a little out of whack. If you ever attend Disney events that are the inaugural events, lines are always really bad. Even some things that Disney has run for years (D23) is notorious for having terrible line policies, at least you guys made the best of it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back