• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
lol Is this a bad time to make everyone remember that there are MORE KH Play Arts figures coming out later this year and a Dusk plush haha xD I have to say, this year has been quite the steady flow of KH merch once again in a long time.
I find this reminding cruel. xD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Must resist temptation… but can I? Or should I even resist?

Ah, whatever. Sooner or later I'll get it anyway, so why not just do it now when it's cheap(er).

Shasta

Awards
Must....buy...

I think having this would keep me entertained for months on end. I don't have $16 to spend though T.T

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Damn it...wasted all my spare money on a festival yesterday! Dx

Javelin434

Awards
lol Is this a bad time to make everyone remember that there are MORE KH Play Arts figures coming out later this year and a Dusk plush haha xD I have to say, this year has been quite the steady flow of KH merch once again in a long time.
Still waiting for another Kairi figurine... Getting real tired of hearing about Sora and Riku figurines being announced xD

On topic: By GOD she looks so adorable :3

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Still waiting for another Kairi figurine... Getting real tired of hearing about Sora and Riku figurines being announced xD

On topic: By GOD she looks so adorable :3

I'm getting real tired of any figure being made that ISN'T BbS. There is a distinct lack of anything TAV (at least Kairi has multiple figures, keychains, and fruit snack boxes to represent her) -__-

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm getting real tired of any figure being made that ISN'T BbS. There is a distinct lack of anything TAV (at least Kairi has multiple figures, keychains, and fruit snack boxes to represent her) -__-

TAV had keychains and the phone charms. I agree though. Plead your case to Hidemi.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I understand you, I truly do. Why, I'd jump down a well to get myself a Ventus Play Arts.

But I think they make those figures based on popularity. Thus far, the Play and Formation Arts lines line-up consist of the more popular characters in the series, I'd say, those who are iconic and whom people would recognise that they come from the KH series right at the first glance. Probably they feel like TAV, MX, or Vanitas aren't popular enough to receive the Arts treatment? After all, they hail from the PSP installment of the game which the general crowd so loves to refer to as one of the many "spin-off, non-numbered titles".

Ventus could pass, but that'd probably be like hitchhiking on Roxas' popularity. But perhaps all this can change (and I sure hope so) after the release of KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I believe the keychains and phone charms were one in the same :( They had keyblades but those aren't of TAV, just their keyblades. lol Hidemi will hear it from me...one day...one day xD

Well, depends on what you're referring to. Ethy's probably referring to the TAV Keyblade keychains and their KH Mobile phone charms.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
But I think they make those figures based on popularity. Thus far, the Play and Formation Arts lines line-up consist of the more popular characters in the series, I'd say, those who are iconic and whom people would recognise that they come from the KH series right at the first glance. Probably they feel like TAV, MX, or Vanitas aren't popular enough to receive the Arts treatment? After all, they hail from the PSP installment of the game which the general crowd so loves to refer to as one of the many "spin-off, non-numbered titles".

If that's true, then the fact that somebody doesn't realize that Aqua is by far one of KH's most popular breakout characters yet is just disappointing...

Well, depends on what you're referring to. Ethy's probably referring to the TAV Keyblade keychains and their KH Mobile phone charms.

She was ^_^ Sadly, those keyblades weren't even of TAV and we have to include them just because acknowledging that only 1 official piece of KH merch for the characters themselves is depressing haha

Javelin434

Awards
If that's true, then the fact that somebody doesn't realize that Aqua is by far one of KH's most popular breakout characters yet is just disappointing...
I wouldn't mind owning an Aqua figurine, but I want to see more Kairi, Namine and Xion as well. Maybe have a special bundle of sorts...

Multiple figures? List them if you could! I NEED TO KNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

What could this second copy be for!?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't mind owning an Aqua figurine, but I want to see more Kairi, Namine and Xion as well. Maybe have a special bundle of sorts...

Multiple figures? List them if you could! I NEED TO KNOW

As far as I know, she's got one of each Play Arts and Formation Arts figures modeled after her. Her Play Arts figure is a part of the same series that includes base Sora, Roxas, and Axel.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ah, you've got them… mine won't arrive until mid-November. The perks of living in a "backwater" country. XD

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

:O!

I'm upset my comic book vendor didn't bring this in already. I have to wait longerrr. Ethy, could you confirm whether the cover is textured and pulls back to reveal a bigger image of DI? This may have been confirmed on previous pages. *supes tired* But I was wondering if there was anything behind the negative space of the Mickey Mouse head, or if the cover is just flat.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
:O!

I'm upset my comic book vendor didn't bring this in already. I have to wait longerrr. Ethy, could you confirm whether the cover is textured and pulls back to reveal a bigger image of DI? This may have been confirmed on previous pages. *supes tired* But I was wondering if there was anything behind the negative space of the Mickey Mouse head, or if the cover is just flat.

I'm going to actually review it! Please look forward to it!

The Mickey Mouse head is actually a plastic case over the actual book. It gets scratched and buffed easily, but it is a protector so I guess that is the point. The back is a keyhole that you can see King Mickey and Namine through. When you slide it off, it is the full picture.

The cover itself is glossy and picks up fingerprints easily (as does the plastic protector but you can just wipe it off with a cloth). The inside pages are gorgeous. The typography is great and everything from front to back has been translated and there is even Shiro Amano's message from when the book was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back