• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III to Appear in Next Issue of VJump!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I like this new thing where they are keeping us up on what's going on. :) Good job SE! Yet everything seems like it's happening so fast, like we have not even gotten 1.5 but we are already on KH3.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I don't think making them adults will completely go against the disney style of these games. Just so long as they're still in their 20s.

Gonzales95

Awards
The KH2 outfit was probably just a placeholder, like in the KH3D announcement where Sora was shown in his KH1 outfit, and even the fact that Darkside and Twilight Thorn were shown was a bit of a placeholder (For Ansem and Xemnas so it wasn't spoiled so early).

That doesn't mean that drive forms won't come back, as whilst they said the drive forms were because of the outfit, that was probably only partially true.

appingo

Website
appingo.tumblr.com
Odd to feel this constant arrival of news, even for a project that we won't see for at least two or three years. It'll probably die off eventually.

In regards to Sora's age, I feel like having him be sixteen in KH3 will be fine. He's fourteen in KH1 and fifteen in KH2, so it's not too much of a stretch to have him be sixteen. I do think having the cast remain within their teens isn't that big of a deal, though for whatever reason I feel like going into the early 20s is a bit of a stretch.

TheLightKnight

KHIII immediately succeeds DDD so why should sora be any older?
new clothes? - probabaly (mr nomura even confirmed this)
aging? - nah
(sora does not sleep for another year - and the princesses didn't age since bbs either-
I suppose their aging will faint into some infinite timeloop like they did with the pokemon saga - ash is traveling for years and still 10 ;) )

after all, if the characters change their physical apprarance too often they lose their value of recognition (if snow white gets a new sparkly dress that's good for selling merchandize - if she aged into an old lady (since 1928^^) new fans wouldn't even know who she's supposed to be. Disney's all about recognition and iconic heroes - they won't accept the idea of a grams-sora.

pixar worlds are pretty playful too. The only franchise that would fit into a grown-up keyblade weilder's world would be marvel but i pray they won't ever use them as they are so stilized and different in style.
They would rather inteoduce older co-characters (they sort of did with aqua and terra)
Disney has still so many workd to offer:
treasure palnet, pirates of the caribbean, princess-frog, tangled, american dragon, kim possible, phineas ferb, (the whole tv franchises), black caulfron, jungle book, 101 dalmatians (puppysora - wouldn't attract half the swooning fangirls as dogsora)
Emperor's new groove, hawaii-stitch, frozen (we need a snow-world)
oswald the rabbit!! Brave, monster's university.
combine both!

and aqua would be in her 30s by now - hence not good for appealing to the fans - world of darkness as loophole xP
so, heads down, no agong in KH except for sora's 2 forms he already has :D

imagine a grown up sora (woth japanese manga-style goatie xP ) hurling around with Pooh, goofying around eith Donald and Goofy, crying for his (wife?) Kairi...
nah, if that ever happens, I'll deny those titles and stick to the old saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back