• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS First Breath Concert Impressions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't understand Aibo's comment about not spoiling anything. It's a concert for goodness' sake, if attendees don't talk about it, no one else will know what happened. It makes no sense to me, really.

It is more about not spoiling the experience for people going to the concert later on that day since I believe there are two sessions.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I cleaned the artwork up a bit,,,
tumblr_obqi4jRgQ51u4jlmfo1_r1_1280.png

in case anyone's interested.
(inb4 higher-res version is released)

Really dig that one. Somewhat telling that Lea and Roxas play the same instrument (Xion and Naminé too? Can't really tell) and I actually forgot what exactly the thing Ventus plays actually IS, lol.

The icing on the cake though is Sora's conductor's baton being a miniature Keyblade and him looking totally classy in that outfit.

Oh Nomura, you tease.
I can imagine how fun it must have been to draw this piece. ^__^

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Really dig that one. Somewhat telling that Lea and Roxas play the same instrument (Xion and Naminé too? Can't really tell) and I actually forgot what exactly the thing Ventus plays actually IS, lol.

Spockanort and faemarch pointed out that Xion is playing an oboe which seems to be Shomomura´s favorite instrument, and Namine is playing a clarinet. :D

Ixza Reprisae

It is more about not spoiling the experience for people going to the concert later on that day since I believe there are two sessions.
I figured as much, but still... It's a concert. They're pretty much told what they're going to get in the pamphlet; save for the encore section which was delightfully ambiguous. Oh well, guess we'll wait until round two's impression come along.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Ven's playing a French Horn, which is more of a background instrument than, say, a trumpet.
(I also support tuba Aqua.)

Project Destati made some interesting comments on the art, too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The icing on the cake though is Sora's conductor's baton being a miniature Keyblade and him looking totally classy in that outfit.

Oh Nomura, you tease.
I can imagine how fun it must have been to draw this piece. ^__^

Jokes right now surrounding the dual trumpets are "they must be horn-y bros/boyfriends" and I want to cry because how can a joke be so on point.

Ven's instrument is simply a horn (or a French horn if you really needed to differentiate it from all of the other horns in that image)

Edit: Ninja'd on the horn knowledge.

God I miss orchestra.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spockanort and faemarch pointed out that Xion is playing an oboe which seems to be Shomomura´s favorite instrument, and Namine is playing a clarinet. :D

Eh, kudos to all those who manage to tell the difference between their instruments despite only the upper part being visible.

Ven's playing a French Horn, which is more of a background instrument than, say, a trumpet.
(I also support tuba Aqua.)

Project Destati made some interesting comments on the art, too.

A horn you say, I see. *googles*.
Well, that does certainly fit as the horn is one of the standard members of a musical group called a "wind quintet" alongside the flute, clarinet, oboe and bassoon. The latter being the only instrument absent from the KH-orchestra (maybe Eraqus or Goofy would play the bassoon? Donald and Mickey won't work cause a bassoon would likely be too big for them to hold. ;P)

Ceratinly interesting comments. Would like to see their take on Aqua's massive tuba and Ven's horn, lol.

Jokes right now surrounding the dual trumpets are "they must be horn-y bros/boyfriends" and I want to cry because how can a joke be so on point.

Ven's instrument is simply a horn (or a French horn if you really needed to differentiate it from all of the other horns in that image)

Edit: Ninja'd on the horn knowledge.

God I miss orchestra.

Why am I not surprised about that one, rofl. But it does totally fit.

I'm not too knowledgeable on the different instruments, but isn't the horn normally one that is said to rather hard to play/learn?

Jochira

Awards
just a shame to see no piano, since I kinda got a thing towards pianos... would probably be a fitting instrument for Eraqus and Xehanort... what's an orchestra w/o a piano, after all?

Donald and Mickey won't work cause a bassoon
just let Donald play a trumpet and I'll be happy (c:

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Do you think they'll have more performances in the US? Q_Q I really want to go, but both New York and California are out of range. I hope they have overwhelming success and decide to expand.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
no it had something to do something with nomura being on stage he said something very very spoiler acording to what aibo going to tell RedMakuzawa

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The spoiler is about something that is only for attendees of the show. Aibo was being considerate of fellow Kingdom Hearts fans who were going to see the other show/s.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I cleaned the artwork up a bit,,,
tumblr_obqi4jRgQ51u4jlmfo1_r1_1280.png

in case anyone's interested.
(inb4 higher-res version is released)
Is it okay to admit I cried when seeing this

This is just so beautiful ;~;

Riku is so saxy~

Aqua is playing the tuba! This is the greatest thing!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
just a shame to see no piano, since I kinda got a thing towards pianos... would probably be a fitting instrument for Eraqus and Xehanort... what's an orchestra w/o a piano, after all?

just let Donald play a trumpet and I'll be happy (c:

It was a brass instrument concert. Why would there be a piano?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back