• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Confirmed for D23 Expo 2015 in Anaheim!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't remember Nomura ever saying there wouldn't be another numbered title after KH3 o__O
Does anyone have a quote?

*dives into the pile of interviews*
Lemme take a look.
May take a while...

EDIT:
Found it, it's in an interview from July 2013:
Finaland & FFDream: Can we expect a multiplayer cooperative mode with many playables characters in KHIII?
Tetsuya Nomura: The Kingdom Hearts series always had Sora as the main character, so we want to make the most of Sora, playable Sora of course. But again, Kingdom Hearts III is going to be the last chapter of the Kingdom Hearts main numbering title series, so lots of fans actually want to play as their favorite characters in Kingdom Hearts III so we will consider that, we will listen to what fans wants but hopefully we could give you some surprises in the future announcements.
Of course, that could also be taken just as referring to the "Xehanort saga" in itself or murky translation again.
Although it is somewhat weird that Nomura says "main numbering title series" instead of "Dark Seeker saga", provided the translation is correct.

That aside though, it would be a bit weird if the next saga, which is supposed to start a new story with a different antagonist at least, starts with something called KH IV.

I'm certain that everyone will still keep referring to every game without a roman numeral as a "spin-off" or "irrelevant." Thanks for the info though. :D

Then if this is correct in the new saga they will have to denounce every game as irrelevant though, lol.
Although they'd probably cite other "reasons" then like i.e. not on a home console or not having Sora as the sole playable character.

He hasn't said it recently, not that I can remember.

Well, 2012 or 2013 I wouldn't decribe as "recently" anyways. ;P

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
*dives into the pile of interviews*
Lemme take a look.
May take a while...

EDIT:
Found it, it's in an interview from July 2013:

Of course, that could also be taken just as referring to the "Xehanort saga" in itself or murky translation again.
Although it is somewhat weird that Nomura says "main numbering title series" instead of "Dark Seeker saga", provided the translation is correct.
Good lord that is one clunky sentence o_O
Yeah I'm not sure how to take that, as it seems pretty iffy for a lot of reasons. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out for sure, haha.

That aside though, it would be a bit weird if the next saga, which is supposed to start a new story with a different antagonist at least, starts with something called KH IV.
You think so? I don't really agree. Just because it has a new antagonist, it IS still the continuation of the main story. I guess it really depends on how they are approaching the new saga. If they are trying to keep them relatively self-contained (i.e. little to no references made to things that happened in the past saga) then a whole new approach to the naming would maybe be the best thing. But if it literally is just a continuation of the story just with a new antagonist, I think it would be a little silly to completely drop numbered titles just for that. What do they do when they enter the third saga?

Not to mention, I imagine from a business standpoint it makes more sense to keep with the numbered titles as those seem to sell more and appear more... legitimate.

But I guess, again, it's really just a wait and see kind of thing. Depends on how KH3 is resolved, how they are approaching a new saga, etc.

Thanks for finding it though!

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah I'm not sure how to take that, as it seems pretty iffy for a lot of reasons. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out for sure, haha.

You think so? I don't really agree. Just because it has a new antagonist, it IS still the continuation of the main story. I guess it really depends on how they are approaching the new saga. If they are trying to keep them relatively self-contained (i.e. little to no references made to things that happened in the past saga) then a whole new approach to the naming would maybe be the best thing. But if it literally is just a continuation of the story just with a new antagonist, I think it would be a little silly to completely drop numbered titles just for that. What do they do when they enter the third saga?

Not to mention, I imagine from a business standpoint it makes more sense to keep with the numbered titles as those seem to sell more and appear more... legitimate.

But I guess, again, it's really just a wait and see kind of thing. Depends on how KH3 is resolved, how they are approaching a new saga, etc.

I'm pretty much on the same boat. I think it would further confuses people if they just dropped the numbered titles entirely. And, as unfair as it may be, the numbered titles appear the most legitimate to most people. Why do you think most people are just now getting back into the series when KH3 was announced? That's just how it is.

KH3 is gonna be the game where a lot of people are gonna drop the series afterwards for a number of reasons. For the ones that stick around, you might as well go with KH4 instead of another spin-off game just to further make people lose interest in the series again. Just so it feels like an actual continuation, starting off with something new and hopefully less confusing. But I also don't think spin-off titles are gonna be dropped though. Not by any means. I just hope they decide to make them all on consoles rather then put them all on handhelds again. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening but who knows? Maybe they learned.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think there's another interview where Nomura says that he won't number the next installment...I'll have to try to find it but I think it's older.

Morgenstern

Awards
I think there's another interview where Nomura says that he won't number the next installment...I'll have to try to find it but I think it's older.

Well there is still the matter of a game that details what Mickey was doing while we were playing as Sora and the BBS Trio, and the rumored Birth By Sleep Vol. 2 or whatever the BBS secret movie was hinting at (which might be one and the same on all cases)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't think this will be live broadcast anywhere. Our staff will be there though, keeping up to date with any info which will be available in a designated thread. We anticipate any footage to be online soon after the event.

Awards
I'm so close to the event but not going. I've gone to expos before and had major fans knocking me out of the way to be the first to see something, so it's not my cup of tea. It can get brutal sometimes lol. I'm sure you'll all post something soon after you find the news out. Should be interesting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yep, that's why I took it with a grain of salt.
Even if English is not my mother tongue I could see that it is somewhat weirdly worded.

Ah, I see. We're looking at it from a different base premise then as I was looking at it from a stance of a true and whole "new" approach in the next saga. While the first saga would of course still have happened and when characters from the old saga make an appearance again in some role (like i.e. TAV or Ansem the Wise), there will be some small callbacks to the first saga, but the core overaching story of the next saga would have little direct connections to the events of the first saga.
Provided that there will be a third saga, of course. ;P

Isn't it more of a failure in business on SE's and Disney's part when they do not manage to give non-numbered titles the same feeling of "legitimacy" the "numbered" ones have.
I can still remember the days shortly after KH 2 FM came out where Nomura was actually babbling about that BBS could strictly be seen as "KH 0" in terms of importance.

Exactly, it's too early to speculate about anything in that direction.

No issue.
By now I'm somewhat adept in digging through the interview piles, considering how often a reference to them is needed.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Finaland & FFDream: Can we expect a multiplayer cooperative mode with many playables characters in KHIII?
Tetsuya Nomura: The Kingdom Hearts series always had Sora as the main character, so we want to make the most of Sora, playable Sora of course. But again, Kingdom Hearts III is going to be the last chapter of the Kingdom Hearts main numbering title series, so lots of fans actually want to play as their favorite characters in Kingdom Hearts III so we will consider that, we will listen to what fans wants but hopefully we could give you some surprises in the future announcements.
I remember that question and the answer but I completely overlooked that one sentence lol, didn't have a clue he ever said anything like that. I think I will miss the numbers, especially considering how there's so many side games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm so close to the event but not going. I've gone to expos before and had major fans knocking me out of the way to be the first to see something, so it's not my cup of tea. It can get brutal sometimes lol. I'm sure you'll all post something soon after you find the news out. Should be interesting.

Luckily this is not like your typical expo. People are not so frantic, and the crowds are not as packed as say SDCC or Anime Expo. I too have been pushed by over exuberant fanboys and it is not a fun experience. I'm glad I reigned myself in to not punch the twerp...

But yeah. D23 is a lot more calm in that aspect. It helps that Disney is pretty much intolerant of behavior like that so people are liable to be kicked out if they are caught being aggressive.

Bobjam

Awards
I'm wondering about the special guests. Maybe this will be the chance Tai Yasue gets to be on stage speaking to a primarily English-speaking audience presenting new, big information about the game for the first time. I feel like as a co-director he is still in Nomura's shadow and watching the plastering of questions Nomura got during the E3 SE presents panel with Yasue sitting there quietly for most of it, was a shame. But maybe both will turn up again and it will still be epic. Is there any reason for Nomura to be present at this when we know full well he will be at the one in Japan in November?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
From that quote about using your favorite character. It's possible that you could end up seeing DLC where you may use these characters to replace Sora in he story campaign with some exclusive abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back