• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 6" Sora Action Figure prototype revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 6" Sora Action Figure prototype revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2016

Dunno about 'murica but Play Asia and the likes aren't really an option either because they tend to get stuck in the toll in Germany at least.
Which adds an extra amount of money you have to pay to get your product. :/

I just try to make use of events as much as possible to get stuff.

For the most part we don't have to deal with customs or custom fees from Play Asia, but I've had a few products held from them in the past. Never had to pay extra, though. But other places in North America like Mexico and Canada tend to have to deal with customs and fees.

If only there weren't trade/import issues. It should be a simple process. :c

At least you guys get Merch through the NA SE Site or whatever was announced a few days ago.

But I just told you in my post that even though we get that stuff, it's still overpriced and has bad shipping.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 6" Sora Action Figure prototype revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2016

Still wishing for an Aqua figure.... q_q

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Give me Vanitas and I give all my money.

This! It's not going to happen, but I would definitely find a way to get my hands on it if they ever somehow made one :D I'll swim to Japan to pick it up if I have to.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

This! It's not going to happen, but I would definitely find a way to get my hands on it if they ever somehow made one :D I'll swim to Japan to pick it up if I have to.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Cute finnish girl my age who likes my favorite character. 10/10.

To not drift away too far from the topic:
I'm actually thinking about getting this Sora figure. I don't have any yet but I kinda like it and you gotta start somewhere right...

Sonicfan2525

Awards

Not sure if it's a dumb question, but why do these things not have color?

Why no love for Europe? ._.

That's because its just a prototype. All figures start out looking like this because they take them straight from the mold without painting them.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

That's because its just a prototype. All figures start out looking like this because they take them straight from the mold without painting them.
So the end product you eventually buy is in color?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

So the end product you eventually buy is in color?

Yes, unless you buy one of these prototypes. Pretty much all action figures start off like this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well, no one said it was. It's just that we always get the "short end of the stick"
Australia's Square Enix store allows us to only purchase PC codes for Square games. No merchandise, no collector's editions, no video games for other platforms. Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition having a "Worldwide release on the Square Enix Store" meant that Australia only got 80-160 editions that were handed out via a lottery.

In terms of your personal stance, it is unfair that your shipping options suck (Same for NA though, they lost Sign's package and have her blacklisted now) and that credit card is the only way to pay, but compared to the rest of the world I'd say that you're far from being given the short end of the stick.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Australia's Square Enix store allows us to only purchase PC codes for Square games. No merchandise, no collector's editions, no video games for other platforms. Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition having a "Worldwide release on the Square Enix Store" meant that Australia only got 80-160 editions that were handed out via a lottery.

In terms of your personal stance, it is unfair that your shipping options suck (Same for NA though, they lost Sign's package and have her blacklisted now) and that credit card is the only way to pay, but compared to the rest of the world I'd say that you're far from being given the short end of the stick.
Wow, I didn't know about any of that! Sorry then. :/

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

Yes, unless you buy one of these prototypes. Pretty much all action figures start off like this.
Ooooooooo, that makes sense. Was already wondering why they show these if they are with colour too. Now I'm more interested in buying them.

Caxinuld

Awards

I was planning to buy this figure when I first saw it, until I noticed the lack of a torso joint. I think I'll just look for an older figurine instead.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I just wish they'd give us at least one good looking figure that doesn't have any joints! I don't know what they're called, but just those regular figures that many anime series get. A nendo would be fine too. The kind of joints play arts figures have don't look good and break really easily.

Well, there are always the old line of Static and Formation Arts figures:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

and then Square Enix is starting a new line of "bust" Static Arts, starting with Lightning from FFXIII:

square-enix-final-fantasy-xiii-static-arts-bust-lightning.jpg

So perhaps there is a future for statuesque Kingdom Hearts figures yet (starting with that Sora statue posted earlier by Master Spock) :)

Still wishing for an Aqua figure.... q_q

Between the PAK KH3 Sora, 6" KH3 Sora, and KH2 Sora Statue coming out, I'm beginning to wonder if TAV merchandise is being purposefully suppressed rather than the merchandise team still just being unaware of the popularity of BbS characters.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

I mean, Aqua is getting her own mini-game and if I remember right, Nomura acknowledged Aqua's popularity at least once. You'd think they give her a little something for 0.2. Has there been any merchandise for their keyblades? The wayfinders? Anything other than those little chibi phone charms??

Muke

whatever
Awards

My guess is… they just think TAV Merchandise wouldn't sell as well as Sora/Riku/etc

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I mean, Aqua is getting her own mini-game and if I remember right, Nomura acknowledged Aqua's popularity at least once. You'd think they give her a little something for 0.2. Has there been any merchandise for their keyblades? The wayfinders? Anything other than those little chibi phone charms??

There was a tiny silver wayfinder necklace.

KINGDOM HEARTS Wayfinder Pendant Releasing July 25! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

It might as well have been nothing lol

Squood!

seibah
Awards

My guess is… they just think TAV Merchandise wouldn't sell as well as Sora/Riku/etc
That's probably true. Everyone knows Sora and Riku while TAV get left in the dust. Even Aqua....and that just freaking sucks. I'll be mad if she doesn't get one figure after 0.2, but that's probably a given since people don't wanna pay 60 bucks for a "tech demo".

kupo1121

Awards

Has there been any merchandise for their keyblades? The wayfinders? Anything other than those little chibi phone charms??
There was a tiny silver wayfinder necklace.
KINGDOM HEARTS Wayfinder Pendant Releasing July 25! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider
It might as well have been nothing lol

Beyond the Chibi keychains and the necklace above, they've only had (as far as my short recollection can recall) keychains for Rainfell, Wayward Wind, Earthshaker, and a ring that had 3 gems in it (representing each of their wayfinders).

kingdom_hearts_bbs_keyblade_wxp.jpg
10e3e1d7d70fc73702fd9f5cbb11284e.jpg

Heck, even Axel and Kairi have had minimal merchandise as of late. It seems like all KH merchandise is a Sora/Riku/Roxas-fest with the chibi enemies/friends (Shadow/Dusk/Flood/Meow Wow/Chirithy) gaining more traction.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I kinda like the Rainfell-keychain but yeah, most merch is Sora/Riku/Roxas-centered or enemies/companions. :(

kupo1121

Awards

As a testament to Aqua's popularity, you can't even find any of her keychains (Mascot Avatar, Trading Strap, or Rainfell) on any shopping sites, not even eBay except for 1 Mascot Avatar for $69.99 as far as I could find. Square, JUMP ON THIS!!!

P.S. If anyone finds a reasonably priced Aqua keychain (of her, not Rainfell), let me know, I've been looking for 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back