• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Justice League

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
"While Disney and Marvel were busy shooting "The Avengers" last year, Warner Brothers quietly began getting its own all-star superhero pic back on track, tapping "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall to write "Justice League," based on the WB-controlled stable of DC Comics superheroes."

"Beall has yet to turn in his "Justice League" script, though he has become a favorite scribe of Warners. He's writing the studio's "Lethal Weapon" reboot and its remake of "Logan's Run," which is expected to reteam "Gangster Squad" thesp Ryan Gosling with his "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn. Warners will release "Gangster Squad" on Sept. 7."

Source

Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone know who this Will Beall is?

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
DC's Wonder Woman Live Action Movie

"Green Lantern scribe, Michael Goldenberg, was hired to write Wonder Woman."

Source

It's all we know so far, but I still think there's room for discussion.

How do you guys feel about having someone from the critically panned Green Lantern movie write the movie? Which origin story do you think they should go with? Should they go with Diana's "born from clay" pre-New 52 origin or her current "Zeus's daughter" origin? Discuss.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: DC's Wonder Woman Live Action Movie

"Green Lantern scribe, Michael Goldenberg, was hired to write Wonder Woman."

Source

It's all we know so far, but I still think there's room for discussion.

How do you guys feel about having someone from the critically panned Green Lantern movie write the movie? Which origin story do you think they should go with? Should they go with Diana's "born from clay" pre-New 52 origin or her current "Zeus's daughter" origin? Discuss.

Oh fuck. Green lantern scribe. Not looking forward to this.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

It depends on where the faults of Green Lantern lied. If it was storytelling, then I'm worried. (I seriously don't know, still haven't seen GL yet)

Trag

Bronze Member

Why would they ever let that man write another movie? GL was an abomination.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
DC's The Flash Live Action Movie

"Green Lantern scribes Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green were tapped to write "The Flash" for director Greg Berlanti"

Source

The Flash is my second favorite superhero. I would love to get to know his mythos much better but he doesn't get as much love as DC's other superhero's. I would love an animated series, but this movie would be a fine substitute. As such, I've been keeping an eye on this movie for quite some time and am not feeling that hiring writers from a critically panned movie was a wise choice.

That aside, which Flash do you think they should go with? Barry Allen or Wally West?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

gl's narrative was incredibly weak and the main reason the movie was so bad. this does not bode well for this movie's success.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: DC's The Flash Live Action Movie

Oh fuck, why does Warner bros let these clowns keep writing?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Re: Warner Bros. Justice League Plans in Motion

Already posted it dude. Check a couple pages back. They also have a Flash and Wonder Woman movie planned.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Seems like a Justice League movie will be quite some time down the line, though if they can pull it off it would be cool. Maybe instead of rebooting Batman they'll just tie him in heavily to the JL plot, or something. It would save time, too.

I just wonder how marketable some of the JL characters are going to be. A new Batman would pale in comparison, Superman would receive backlash from previous films as well as Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman and The Flash and Aquaman might not be big enough (unless they go the campy silver age Aquaman route like in Brave and the Bold that has some potential). I can see Green Arrow going somewhere, maybe. But it is the year of the archer in films so I am kind of biased.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

I just wonder how marketable some of the JL characters are going to be. A new Batman would pale in comparison, Superman would receive backlash from previous films as well as Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman and The Flash and Aquaman might not be big enough (unless they go the campy silver age Aquaman route like in Brave and the Bold that has some potential). I can see Green Arrow going somewhere, maybe. But it is the year of the archer in films so I am kind of biased.
How popular was Captain America in the public consciousness before the movie came out?

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Not sure whether to be excited or extremely cautious... Obviously the concept sounds very nice and whatnot but the writers they're choosing worries me a bit. I'll reserve my judgement until there's more information. If this "Justice Legaue" movie is being conceptualized, do you think that there'll be a reference to it in The Dark Knight Rises (seeing how Marvel did this in their films)?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Not sure whether to be excited or extremely cautious... Obviously the concept sounds very nice and whatnot but the writers they're choosing worries me a bit. I'll reserve my judgement until there's more information. If this "Justice Legaue" movie is being conceptualized, do you think that there'll be a reference to it in The Dark Knight Rises (seeing how Marvel did this in their films)?

I don't think so. Christopher Nolan has stated multiple times that The Dark Knight trilogy exists in a universe where Batman is the only superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back