• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia Kingdom Hearts: A Possibility?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Personally I'd way sooner have the Org playable than most of the Disney characters anyway.

It's odd because I agree with Chaser in the way that I would rather they have a limited cast of highly diverse people as opposed to a very big cast with some people being awfully similar in playstyle.

However, the Organization is one of the main KH cast to really differ from one another. Most of the people mentioned (SRK, TAV, RAX, maybe not Axel who could stick to chalkrams for this one) all would have to use their keyblades, which probably would hurt the diversity that they could get if they allowed the Org. members into the playing field.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I can imagine PETA's ad campaigns already...

why would they get involved? It's not like there are animals involved and even if they make an ad campaign, they're such a joke that I can't really see people paying too much attention to them.

It's odd because I agree with Chaser in the way that I would rather they have a limited cast of highly diverse people as opposed to a very big cast with some people being awfully similar in playstyle.

However, the Organization is one of the main KH cast to really differ from one another. Most of the people mentioned (SRK, TAV, RAX, maybe not Axel who could stick to chalkrams for this one) all would have to use their keyblades, which probably would hurt the diversity that they could get if they allowed the Org. members into the playing field.

Yes a smaller cast is usually better, also that would make it easier to tell a story.

I don't see how the keyblade would limit diversity other than in aspect of the weapon, seeing most Keyblade wielders have developed their own unique styles. If they made a fighting game in the same vein as Dissidia their moveset would be a little more limited, meaning there should be a larger focus on their unique aspects. I could easily see Aqua playing very different from Sora and the others.

kupo1121

Awards
I don't see how the keyblade would limit diversity other than in aspect of the weapon, seeing most Keyblade wielders have developed their own unique styles. If they made a fighting game in the same vein as Dissidia their moveset would be a little more limited, meaning there should be a larger focus on their unique aspects. I could easily see Aqua playing very different from Sora and the others.

While it is true that they all fight differently, the basic layout of their attacks are all the same, physically hitting with keyblade and using magic. It is almost like if there was a fighting game with nothing but swordsmen. Sure the swordsmen would play differently, but in the end, it would be too difficult to make them all so extremely different from one another that there are next to no similarities. Aqua would probably be more nimble than Sora and be weaker, but just because she is vastly different form Sora doesn't mean she is vastly different from every other member. Remember that if we were to have a game with all of them, ever single person should be vastly different from each other, not just from one person for this to work...

flurryflames

I actually like the idea of a Kingdom Hearts Dissidia. I have heard of it for years. I would love a fighting game with the characters fighting each other. It would not be the same without the organization though. They at least have diverse type of weapons, unique powers and even opposite elements and no offense it needs to have a change up besides of characters all battling with keyblades. The game would be too rundant and boring in my eyes otherwise. You have so many characters that can fight even if they are disney.

Orignally Noruma was going to use disney characters for the mulitplayer mode and instead went with the organization instead. It was a good choice because of alot of people loved playing their favorite characters in Days but they should have had it online and on a gameconsole since not every one have a hand held system. Either way villains vs heros is a nice way as well. Master Xoehanort has a keyblade, but he has other abilities he uses as well. Don't include too many keyblade wielders and it can work. Though i would love to see Axel vs Lea and see who is the stronger one, the one with the chakrams or the keyblade. Either way I think he would have all of Axel's abiities, since it was the only way it would make sense. They keyblade would be another ability, but still that way fans of those characters both are happy. Sora, Ventus, Xion (except she has that knight form like and other forms in between like Xenmas), and Roxas I feel have most of the same abilites, so not all of them should be in it as a each indivdual fighter. If anything they should have the keyblade wielders, Sora, Riku, King Mickey, Roxas or Xion.
Terra, Ventus, and Aqua have only one game so I think they should have a fair shot especially with their special ablities as knights. I don't think all the keyblade wielders should be fighters indiviudally taking a slot in the roster, but have special summon characters if they need to grant them more power.

With disney character fighters they should include the ones that can actually fight. Peter Pan, Tron, Beast, Gaston, Simba, Jack Sparrow, Aladdin, Jack Sketeton, Hades, Malificent, Captian Hook, Merlin, Yen Sid, Tarzan, Robin Hood, and maybe include other characters like the Jungle Book. Leave Pixar out as it would be too overwheming with all of those CG characters.

If some Disney characters don' t work then they can include more final fantasy characters since some of them dont have the same abilies or even carry a keyblade. They even climb up walls and know martial arts. Besides Sepiroth, Poor Cloud, Leon, Tifa, Cid, Seifer and Yuffie would been left out without some people in their corner besides disney and keyblade wielders. So why not add Reno who can paralyize, eltrocute people with his special ablities, and hit people with his rod and among other things. This character needs to come out of Axel's shadow eventually. Reno is also one of Cloud's rivals. I was so sad when they didn't include a fight scene for them in Adven Children because Reno did a great job against Yazoo though he lost to him.

Now with characters being over crowded it wouldn't be a problem since some of these characters can have special summons if they have clones or lesser nobodies, anti forms, heartless, or any other form. The organization having 13 or 14 characters worked for Days after all. A roster with alot characters is what people love so that way they can pick their favorite and not have a select few. The only way the other keyblade wielders would work is if they have one or two keyblade character that uses their abilies if they are connected to him thus, Sora using Roxas, Xion, Ventus, as his. Having so many characters in a roster worked for Super Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat and other fighting games, but if they do have a Dissidia it should be a game console. Also having a fighting variety of other genre with Disney, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy would draw in more fans as well.

I don't see why Disney would say no to this now since they have included other companies in their corner including super heros and even now star wars. If Nintendo can pit Mario against Sonic then Mickey shouldn't have a problem fitting in. He has other abilies he can use as well besides being a keyblader.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is almost like if there was a fighting game with nothing but swordsmen.

Uh, and the FF Dissidia wasn't nearly "nothing but swordsmen?"
Warrior of Light, Firion (partly), Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz (partly), Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Lightning, Vaan (partly), Garland, Exdeath, Sephiroth, Jecht, Gabranth and Gilgamesh all fight with swords and yet have vastly different playstyles.

The Keyblade Wielders in KH are no different. Even Sora can be separated easily by focusing on his KH 2-battlestyle, so the only obstacle that would remain to be addressed is differentiating Roxas and Xion.

Seeing that Dissidia itself also had a roster of what, thirty characters, it would be no problem to include all important KH originals and still have room for some Disney.

kupo1121

Awards
I don't see why Disney would say no to this now since they have included other companies in their corner including super heros and even now star wars. If Nintendo can pit Mario against Sonic then Mickey shouldn't have a problem fitting in. He has other abilies he can use as well besides being a keyblader.

Nintendo and Disney are 2 vastly different companies that view their character rights in completely different ways. Also, despite Disney buying Marvel and Star Wars, both of those franchises already existed with fighting. That doesn't mean in the next game Disney wants Cinderella electrocuting Ariel and throwing her out a window to her death like Mace Windu.

Uh, and the FF Dissidia wasn't nearly "nothing but swordsmen?"
Warrior of Light, Firion (partly), Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz (partly), Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Lightning, Vaan (partly), Garland, Exdeath, Sephiroth, Jecht, Gabranth and Gilgamesh all fight with swords and yet have vastly different playstyles.

The Keyblade Wielders in KH are no different. Even Sora can be separated easily by focusing on his KH 2-battlestyle, so the only obstacle that would remain to be addressed is differentiating Roxas and Xion.

Seeing that Dissidia itself also had a roster of what, thirty characters, it would be no problem to include all important KH originals and still have room for some Disney.

Actually, I would say that Dissidia wasn't mostly swordsmen actually and even if it was, their swords weren't all the same type of sword. Between Cecil who used a double-edged staff, not a sword, to Squall's gunblade, there were very different types of weapons. Some were really big, heavy Buster like weapons to the double backhanded ones Zidane fights with. With the keyblades, sure you can have a playstyle like the Buster sword (just Terra) or one duel-wielder (I'd vote Roxas, that way he can be different from Xion), but for the rest of the cast, well, they might have to be similar to one of the other ones.

As for the roster, you are right, 30 is a good amount, heck, even 20 is enough for me. Which is why I think the Org. members more than ever should get in, with 30 characters, if you don't include all the Org. members, you are going to have to have a bunch of Disney characters which might not work.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Actually, I would say that Dissidia wasn't mostly swordsmen actually and even if it was, their swords weren't all the same type of sword. Between Cecil who used a double-edged staff, not a sword, to Squall's gunblade, there were very different types of weapons. Some were really big, heavy Buster like weapons to the double backhanded ones Zidane fights with. With the keyblades, sure you can have a playstyle like the Buster sword (just Terra) or one duel-wielder (I'd vote Roxas, that way he can be different from Xion), but for the rest of the cast, well, they might have to be similar to one of the other ones.

As for the roster, you are right, 30 is a good amount, heck, even 20 is enough for me. Which is why I think the Org. members more than ever should get in, with 30 characters, if you don't include all the Org. members, you are going to have to have a bunch of Disney characters which might not work.

When I look at Cecil that looks quite damn like a sword to me at least in EX Mode. But let's not nitpick. :p
Even with the Keyblade wielders we have already five different "base" styles:
1. Heavy Hitter (Terra, but Sora can also count due to his two handed strikes)
2. Fragile Speedster (Ventus, with additional backhand-wielding like Zidane and Mickey (Yoda-Style))
3. Graceful Spellcaster (Aqua, like Terra Branford in Dissidia, uses Magic more than sword)
4. Dual Wielder (Roxas)
5. Paladin (Riku, Vanitas and possibly also Lea)

Now add some additional quirks into each style (like giving Xion something from her boss battle and remember that each character has only a certain amount of attacks) and you can build quite diverse battle styles for each of them with a little creativity.

Making a roster on the whim I'd probably set:

1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Terra
3. Aqua
4. Ventus
5. Roxas
6. Xion
7. Mickey
8. Donald
9. Goofy
10. Lea
11. Master Xehanort
12. Young Xehanort (with blue Ethereal blades, not Keyblade)
13. Vanitas
14. Ansem, SoD (with Guardian and probably double-bladed Soul Eater)
15. Xemnas
16. Xigbar (I guess he would play much like Laguna in Dissidia)
17. Saix
18. Maleficent
19. Pete
20. Hades
---
for the 20-character roster.

if we go for 30, add on top:

21. Eraqus
22. Larxene
23. Marluxia
24. Luxord
25. Demyx
26. Zexion
27. Lexaeus
28. Vexen
29. Xaldin
30. Another Disney Character, maybe Hercules?

kupo1121

Awards
When I look at Cecil that looks quite damn like a sword to me at least in EX Mode. But let's not nitpick. :p
Even with the Keyblade wielders we have already five different "base" styles:
1. Heavy Hitter (Terra, but Sora can also count due to his two handed strikes)
2. Fragile Speedster (Ventus, with additional backhand-wielding like Zidane and Mickey (Yoda-Style))
3. Graceful Spellcaster (Aqua, like Terra Branford in Dissidia, uses Magic more than sword)
4. Dual Wielder (Roxas)
5. Paladin (Riku, Vanitas and possibly also Lea)

While I definitely see those 5 being distinct, I can't help but feel that the basic layout of each character (not including EX mode, IDK what they'll call it, but whatever it is, Riku should definitely become Dark Riku, Sora can go into one of his forms, Xion can become one of the 4 version of her you fought as the final boss, etc.) would be only a variation on one of those 5 with those 5 characters being the extreme. That leaves Sora, Kairi, Xion, and MX all being similar with Vanitas and Riku being VERY similar (once again, not EX mode). However, I do like the roster you mentioned below as it isn't all swordsmen and the keyblade wielders are limited to 10 (I would want Lea using chalkrams, really different and they are really cool). Also, I didn't include Mickey in the 10 because he isn't like other keyblade wielders at all, what with how he played in KH2, he is Yoda haha xD

Making a roster on the whim I'd probably set:

1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Terra
3. Aqua
4. Ventus
5. Roxas
6. Xion
7. Mickey
8. Donald
9. Goofy
10. Lea
11. Master Xehanort
12. Young Xehanort (with blue Ethereal blades, not Keyblade)
13. Vanitas
14. Ansem, SoD (with Guardian and probably double-bladed Soul Eater)
15. Xemnas
16. Xigbar (I guess he would play much like Laguna in Dissidia)
17. Saix
18. Maleficent
19. Pete
20. Hades
---
for the 20-character roster.

if we go for 30, add on top:

21. Eraqus
22. Larxene
23. Marluxia
24. Luxord
25. Demyx
26. Zexion
27. Lexaeus
28. Vexen
29. Xaldin
30. Another Disney Character, maybe Hercules?

Maybe its just me, but in the 20-character roster I really hate to see so many forms of Xehanort over other original Org. members. I mean, I understand why they're there, but there are 4 forms of him out of 20 characters? That means Xehanort would take up 1/5 of the whole roster in some way, shape, or form. Also, I can see Disney maybe allowing MDG, but I'd rather SE stick away from choosing just 1 or 2 other Disney characters because then it looks like they are playing favorites, and I think that might be unfair to other properties, and come on! Which 2 would they choose (Jack, Beast, Hercules, Aladdin???) there are so many great options!!!

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Luxord would make an excellent trick/trap character
Larxene would be an awesome face paced character
Xigbar would be good as a longer range combat character
Lexaeus would be a good heavy character
Vexen would be a good defensive character

Honestly, the Organization is so diverse they could have their own game for multiplay.... oh yeah *remembers Days*

flurryflames

While I definitely see those 5 being distinct, I can't help but feel that the basic layout of each character (not including EX mode, IDK what they'll call it, but whatever it is, Riku should definitely become Dark Riku, Sora can go into one of his forms, Xion can become one of the 4 version of her you fought as the final boss, etc.) would be only a variation on one of those 5 with those 5 characters being the extreme. That leaves Sora, Kairi, Xion, and MX all being similar with Vanitas and Riku being VERY similar (once again, not EX mode). However, I do like the roster you mentioned below as it isn't all swordsmen and the keyblade wielders are limited to 10 (I would want Lea using chalkrams, really different and they are really cool). Also, I didn't include Mickey in the 10 because he isn't like other keyblade wielders at all, what with how he played in KH2, he is Yoda haha xD

Maybe its just me, but in the 20-character roster I really hate to see so many forms of Xehanort over other original Org. members. I mean, I understand why they're there, but there are 4 forms of him out of 20 characters? That means Xehanort would take up 1/5 of the whole roster in some way, shape, or form. Also, I can see Disney maybe allowing MDG, but I'd rather SE stick away from choosing just 1 or 2 other Disney characters because then it looks like they are playing favorites, and I think that might be unfair to other properties, and come on! Which 2 would they choose (Jack, Beast, Hercules, Aladdin???) there are so many great options!!!

I agree I wouldn't want a bunch of Xeohanort or Sora clones hogging up the roster either. That is why they can have a few of them and give them those abilites. That way no one gets left out. I agree the whole organization should be in it, (including Axel because like it or not he is/was still part of the organization, also some fans still get confused with Lea. It is kind of funny because they get confused with the red heads from Square Enix, you have Axel, Lea and then Reno and some people get confused which unless they know Axel. The other two get confused quite easily. Lea is in the Reno cateogory. Not all fans know who Lea is since some fans prefer the game console rather than the hand held one. Lea without the tattoos is still refered as Axel to some fans with a keyblade. Though alot of fans are bummed about him not having the chakrams. However, Now some people believe that Reno is connected to both of them. So the conspiracy continues......and why Lea can't be the only character without Axel.

You also need:

Leon
Cloud
Sepiroth
Tifa
Briag- I love how he fights and was alot harder and faster than Xigbar.
lesser nobodies- such as dusks, dancers and the exploding assassins
heartless? Maybe the shadows and NeoShadows

With Disney I would love to see Simba, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Malificent, Hades, Hercules, Aladdin, and Jack Sparrow, and Jack Skeleton. All are popular disney characters and know how to fight. Also some characters can be secret characters as well.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I do not even thought of EX-Mode yet, but I could imagine i.e. for TAV using their ultimate Command Styles (Dark Impulse or Rockbreaker for Terra, Ghost Drive for Aqua and Wingblade for Ventus), Sora going Final Form etc.

Yeah, the extremes in the five battle styles would be Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Roxas (the only one in that category) and Riku.
If you noticed I didn't even include Kairi, and Sora would most likely be a mix of Terra's style and Ven's, Xion be a mix of Sora's and Aqua's while MX would be a mix of Aqua's and Riku's.
Yep, Mickey is Yoda, he's special, lol.

I choose the characters also in terms of importance, not to mention that MX, Young Xehanort, Ansem SoD and Xemnas each fight differently, much more than say, Xion, Roxas (single wielding) and Sora do.
The other original Org-members except Xigbar, Saix and Lea are practically useless in terms of story importance (and I would also want to avoid the game to become just a playground for rabid Organisation XIII-fans).
The FF Dissidia also chose mostly main characters and villains.
I mainly proposed Hercules due to Hades being already included. If your concern is fairness towards the Disney characters I would rearrange the roster and throw out all Organisation members in the second batch (and Eraqus as well) and replace them with Disney heroes and villains.
For example I could imagine Jafar playing as a mix of the Emperor Mateus and Yuna, his Ex Mode either the Cobra or Genie form.

You also need:

Leon
Cloud
Sepiroth
Tifa

Why would we need FF characters to clutter up the roster?
Final Fantasy already has its own Dissidia, there's no reason to put them into the KH version.

kupo1121

Awards
I choose the characters also in terms of importance, not to mention that MX, Young Xehanort, Ansem SoD and Xemnas each fight differently, much more than say, Xion, Roxas (single wielding) and Sora do.
The other original Org-members except Xigbar, Saix and Lea are practically useless in terms of story importance (and I would also want to avoid the game to become just a playground for rabid Organisation XIII-fans).
I mainly proposed Hercules due to Hades being already included. If your concern is fairness towards the Disney characters I would rearrange the roster and throw out all Organisation members in the second batch (and Eraqus as well) and replace them with Disney heroes and villains.
For example I could imagine Jafar playing as a mix of the Emperor Mateus and Yuna, his Ex Mode either the Cobra or Genie form.

It is true that MX and them all fight differently as, Dissidia is a great example, SE loves choosing the major villains and major heroes of each game, thus making SRK, TAV, RAX, and all the MX plus Vanitas and Braig (or Xigbar, I would think having an alternate costume be the other one works since they do fight the same way).

At the same time, while it is true that the Org. really does take a back seat in terms of importance, they are just too diverse I believe not to include. Based on Days, they already all have a rough idea of how they would fight, I see it it as a wasted opportunity. I mean, who else in the cast gets even close to using a shield, book, short knives, a guitar, and chalkams (given Axel uses them if he was included instead of Lea)?

As for the Disney heroes and villains, I definitely see them as a great option as well but IDK if Disney would rather them be playable fighters of take a back seat and be summons. I would love if each PoH became a summon, just throwing that out there. In terms of Disney characters, I think a bunch of them are perfect to fit in as well depending on how they are handled (considering Dissidia is very whimsical with people floating and flying everywhere, IDK how I would feel about Beast just levitating lol, why not include Ariel and Ursula...no really, why not? I would die of happiness if somehow they were playable, though unlikely) but I still think the Organization is a really easy source of creativity in terms of the roster.

Eraqus can be ditched since he is just another keyblade wielder, one who isn't all that important compared to the other ones albeit that.

Final Fantasy already has its own Dissidia, there's no reason to put them into the KH version.

Yup, if anything, maybe one day down the road if they combined Dissidia's that would be fine, but all 4 of those FF characters are already in Dissidia FF, I don't see a reason to bring them directly over to a Dissidia KH if it happened.

flurryflames

You drop out the organization then you only have a few villains that are worthy to be against Sora. That would be Jafar, Scar, Hades, Malificent, Ursusla?Aand that is about it. Also the good guys would greatly out number the villains and then it might as well be keyblade wielders thus few heros against disney villains. Which isn't even creative at all. The organization adds more to the toss up and are diverse characters with at least different choice of weapons. In terms of story importance it doesn't really matter if it is a fighting game. No one would care as long as no one gets cheated of not having their favorite character in the game. The organization needs to have a better chance of diversity on a game console rather than a hand held one. Also I think team battles would be a great idea among characters as well.

I would say the same of why we need a bunch of Sora clones to clutter the roster as well and Xeohanort clones from DDD, but I digress on that matter. The point is that the fans would demand at least Cloud and Leon to be in it. not only are they the main heros from their respective games. They are also the ones connected more to Sora in the series of Kingdom Hearts, so it would be natural if they were in it. (I am talking about including the updated forms not the orignal forms from Kingdom Hearts 1). Also Kingdom Hearts fanbased florished more when fans found out that Final Fantasy characters were in the games. Cloud and Leon are also wanted and demanded by fans of being in future fighting games rather they are for Nintendo or Sony. Another reason why they should be in it is becasue they know how to fight and even fought against Sora who lost greatly to them. Leaving them even as hidden characters would be a challenge for SoraKeeping them out would be a huge mistake on Square Enix's part.

kostas

Awards
I really believe a KH Dissidia is possible. Even without the Disney characters like Hercules or Maleficent, they can use the original KH characters only (if the problem is Disney characters fighting each other) and they can still have a complete roster.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is true that MX and them all fight differently as, Dissidia is a great example, SE loves choosing the major villains and major heroes of each game, thus making SRK, TAV, RAX, and all the MX plus Vanitas and Braig (or Xigbar, I would think having an alternate costume be the other one works since they do fight the same way).

At the same time, while it is true that the Org. really does take a back seat in terms of importance, they are just too diverse I believe not to include. Based on Days, they already all have a rough idea of how they would fight, I see it it as a wasted opportunity. I mean, who else in the cast gets even close to using a shield, book, short knives, a guitar, and chalkams (given Axel uses them if he was included instead of Lea)?

As for the Disney heroes and villains, I definitely see them as a great option as well but IDK if Disney would rather them be playable fighters of take a back seat and be summons. I would love if each PoH became a summon, just throwing that out there. In terms of Disney characters, I think a bunch of them are perfect to fit in as well depending on how they are handled (considering Dissidia is very whimsical with people floating and flying everywhere, IDK how I would feel about Beast just levitating lol, why not include Ariel and Ursula...no really, why not? I would die of happiness if somehow they were playable, though unlikely) but I still think the Organization is a really easy source of creativity in terms of the roster.

Eraqus can be ditched since he is just another keyblade wielder, one who isn't all that important compared to the other ones albeit that.

Yup, if anything, maybe one day down the road if they combined Dissidia's that would be fine, but all 4 of those FF characters are already in Dissidia FF, I don't see a reason to bring them directly over to a Dissidia KH if it happened.

Yep, that's why I would place that bunch of characters in any roster.

In terms of gameplay they would surely add diversity, but so would the various Disney characters as well.
Beast wouldn't need to levitate though, I would imagine him moving more along the lines of Feral Chaos from Duodecim. As seen in KH 1 Ursula can survive and move on Land. Due to her obese form I could easily imagine her being as slow as ExDeath, lol.
The Organisation members would of course be easier in that regard since they're all humanoid.

The idea of Disney characters being summons sounds intriguing though and I could imagine Disney being ok with that easier than with having them actually fight.
It would come over a bit weird though if, say, Xemnas summons Goofy to shield his bravery value, lol.

Combining the Dissidia-universes would result probably in some hilarious scenes as the FF characters there are those from the original FF Universe and when Sora goes calling Squall "Leon" he would only look at that spiky-haired geek and ask: Who the heck are you?

No one would care as long as no one gets cheated of not having their favorite character in the game.
I would say the same of why we need a bunch of Sora clones to clutter the roster as well and Xeohanort clones from DDD, but I digress on that matter.

It's funny you state the first sentence and then come up with the second one shortly after. If you played DDD and speak of favorite characters you should be well aware by now that each of the "bunch of Sora clones" as you call it has his/her very own personality and is an own individual in their own right, not to mention each having their own fanbase at hand.

And besides (spelling nazi-mode on): That guy's Name is Xehanort, only one "o" involved. ;P

The point is that the fans would demand at least Cloud and Leon to be in it. not only are they the main heros from their respective games. They are also the ones connected more to Sora in the series of Kingdom Hearts, so it would be natural if they were in it. (I am talking about including the updated forms not the orignal forms from Kingdom Hearts 1). Also Kingdom Hearts fanbased florished more when fans found out that Final Fantasy characters were in the games. Cloud and Leon are also wanted and demanded by fans of being in future fighting games rather they are for Nintendo or Sony. Another reason why they should be in it is becasue they know how to fight and even fought against Sora who lost greatly to them. Leaving them even as hidden characters would be a challenge for SoraKeeping them out would be a huge mistake on Square Enix's part.

Cloud and Leon are not "main heroes" in anything relating to KH, they're just cameo side characters in KH and don't hold that much of importance as the original and Disney characters. They are already in the FF Dissidia, that's why they are not needed to take space away from characters who weren't yet featured in a KH Dissidia.
You criticize me for choosing characters based on importance (I didn't even say "story"-importance, only importance in the series overall) and yet you go with the same argument for Leon and Cloud, despite their importance not even being that high.
Sorry, but that sounds a bit hypocritical so I cannot really take that seriously.
As for fans "demanding", the last time I checked around the original and Disney characters have way more of a following than the FF cameos. If FF cameos are brought up, many fans only vote on possible new ones that aren't from FF VII or VIII.

kupo1121

Awards
The point is that the fans would demand at least Cloud and Leon to be in it. not only are they the main heros from their respective games. They are also the ones connected more to Sora in the series of Kingdom Hearts, so it would be natural if they were in it. (I am talking about including the updated forms not the orignal forms from Kingdom Hearts 1). Also Kingdom Hearts fanbased florished more when fans found out that Final Fantasy characters were in the games. Cloud and Leon are also wanted and demanded by fans of being in future fighting games rather they are for Nintendo or Sony. Another reason why they should be in it is becasue they know how to fight and even fought against Sora who lost greatly to them. Leaving them even as hidden characters would be a challenge for SoraKeeping them out would be a huge mistake on Square Enix's part.

I completely agree about the whole organization aspect, that is the exact reason I want them in the game too, diversity plus the fact that I don't know any characters in the game who could replicate what they bring to the table (I'm staring at your shield Vexen and Zexion's Lexicon).

However, I haven't seen any fans demand Leon or Cloud in relation to KH at all honestly :( I mean, I definitely agree that KH's fanbase flourished with the inclusion of FF characters, but it also flourished with the inclusion of Disney characters. Does that mean we absolutely need Belle, Ariel, Beast, Aladdin, or Jack Skellington (who are easily among Disney's most popular of all their characters) in the game as fighters? I'm under the conception that, yes, KH without FF and Disney wouldn't have gotten to far, but at this point in time, more than a decade later, KH can stand on its own I believe without the FF characters (hence why DDD even cut them out and resorted to TWEWY) but not the Disney characters.

It is true they know how to fight, and heck, given Dissidia FF, they have their own great moveset already, but I'd prefer them as DLC if anything, not one of the necessary main fighters in the roster.

As seen in KH 1 Ursula can survive and move on Land. Due to her obese form I could easily imagine her being as slow as ExDeath, lol.

I imagine her attacking be like Cloud of Darkness because of the tentacles but I would find it really funny if on the ground, she walked like she did in Little Mermaid above the surface...

ursulacrawl.gif

It would come over a bit weird though if, say, Xemnas summons Goofy to shield his bravery value, lol.

This is true, it would be weird for any of the PoH to help Maleficent as well, but I think it would fit in the end because Disney characters are summons in the actual game (Simba, Genie, Tinker bell, and other I mean).

Combining the Dissidia-universes would result probably in some hilarious scenes as the FF characters there are those from the original FF Universe and when Sora goes calling Squall "Leon" he would only look at that spiky-haired geek and ask: Who the heck are you?

You are right, I'd be very curious to see how SE handles that because the FF cast that exists in both the FF and KH verses and separate so I think it would be really interesting if say, they didn't know each other, but then Joshua (because TWEWY should also be in that crossover) came out nowhere and explained things because Joshua is all knowing haha xD

flurryflames

It's funny you state the first sentence and then come up with the second one shortly after. If you played DDD and speak of favorite characters you should be well aware by now that each of the "bunch of Sora clones" as you call it has his/her very own personality and is an own individual in their own right, not to mention each having their own fanbase at hand.

Cloud and Leon are not "main heroes" in anything relating to KH, they're just cameo side characters in KH and don't hold that much of importance as the original and Disney characters. They are already in the FF Dissidia, that's why they are not needed to take space away from characters who weren't yet featured in a KH Dissidia.
You criticize me for choosing characters based on importance (I didn't even say "story"-importance, only importance in the series overall) and yet you go with the same argument for Leon and Cloud, despite their importance not even being that high.
Sorry, but that sounds a bit hypocritical so I cannot really take that seriously.
As for fans "demanding", the last time I checked around the original and Disney characters have way more of a following than the FF cameos. If FF cameos are brought up, many fans only vote on possible new ones that aren't from FF VII or VIII.

I have played the 3DS and know about the their indenties, but either way they are still clones more so than Xeohanort since most of the Sora clones, look exactly alike. You have Roxas, and Ventus who look like each other. Yes I know about that heart business with Sora and that all and then Xion is thrown in and looks like Sora as well either though she/it resembles Sora because of his vast memories of Kairi. Then you have Vanitas who looks like an evil version of Sora with black hair. Seriously how many more Sora clones "or look alikes" do there need to be? That goes for any other character in kingdom hearts as well. Then again I am not surprised since the "clone thing" follows the same formula in FF VII and having half the cast from the same game leaves things open for speculation.

I wasn't criticizing you, just having an opinion, but if you state that as a hypricritical notion then that is your opinion.
Yes the oringal Cloud and Squall are in Dissidia, but those are there eariler models not their newer models character that they updated from Kingdom Hearts II. That is the difference. It would be nice to see them come against the keyblade wielders without the Olympus games trials in Kingdom Hearts I. I am just stating that they have a purpose as well. I don't think they should be compared to their oringal roles as FF characters since Noruma gave them different roles in the Kingdom Hearts universe.. If it weren't for Leon, Sora wouldn't even know what heartless were. Helped in the the tron universe. Sora saved Cloud from Hades. Although If it weren't for Cloud, Sora wouldnt even know who Hades was. They have saved Sora's butt a bunch of times during their involvement with him especially against the heartless. Cloud even had to save Sora's ass from Sepiroth. So I don't see whey they aren't that important in the universe. Leon Squallheart and Cloud Strife (now Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Cloud) are part of the Kingdom Hearts universe despite being cameos, but they had a bigger role and connection to Sora than some of the other disney characters especially the ones that hang out in Radient Garden such as Merlin, Scrooge McDuck, and even the faires. It doesn't matter who is in the game, but there is nothing wrong with variety. As for fans, it depends where you surf, the internet is a big place where fanbases of any character are everywhere including youtube. However, there were rumors of Sora, Cloud and Leon being in the playstation battle royale, but it didn't happen because it would of been up to Square Enix. The same might go with the new smash bros game being made for Nintendo. As for people voting for characters from FF. I would go with Reno since he makes more sense with the connection to Axel/Lea. I can easily see that as a possiblity besides the fact he has history with Cloud and his groupies.

agree about the whole organization aspect, that is the exact reason I want them in the game too, diversity plus the fact that I don't know any characters in the game who could replicate what they bring to the table (I'm staring at your shield Vexen and Zexion's LexicI completely on).

However, I haven't seen any fans demand Leon or Cloud in relation to KH at all honestly :( I mean, I definitely agree that KH's fanbase flourished with the inclusion of FF characters, but it also flourished with the inclusion of Disney characters. Does that mean we absolutely need Belle, Ariel, Beast, Aladdin, or Jack Skellington (who are easily among Disney's most popular of all their characters) in the game as fighters? I'm under the conception that, yes, KH without FF and Disney wouldn't have gotten to far, but at this point in time, more than a decade later, KH can stand on its own I believe without the FF characters (hence why DDD even cut them out and resorted to TWEWY) but not the Disney characters.

It is true they know how to fight, and heck, given Dissidia FF, they have their own great moveset already, but I'd prefer them as DLC if anything, not one of the necessary main fighters in the roster.

I imagine her attacking be like Cloud of Darkness because of the tentacles but I would find it really funny if on the ground, she walked like she did in Little Mermaid above the surface...

ursulacrawl.gif

This is true, it would be weird for any of the PoH to help Maleficent as well, but I think it would fit in the end because Disney characters are summons in the actual game (Simba, Genie, Tinker bell, and other I mean).

I definitely agree with the aspect of the crossovers working together, but I disagree since Cloud and Leon were supposed to be in BBS, but weren't included due to time restraints and might add too much confusing story line for the three keyblade heros Terra Ventus Aqua. So they added Zack instead since he was lot simpler. It is fair to say that Cloud and Leon are in the main two games, not the hand held ones. TWTNW characters were just there in my opinion but they were included in a dream world not the actual world.i don't think Noruma would cut out FF entirely. The only way Normura can cut out FF is if he drops out Radient Gardren then where would Cloud go then? Back to Midgar? Hmm not sure how that would work. It seems this darkness works in Cloud's world as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they merged them. Radient Garden wouldn't be dropped since that is where the heartless and the experiments resignated from nor would it make sense. The way the game has been progressing and so many similaries towards this I am beginning to see come to light. I see a pattern. Xehanort seems to follow the clone thing going on in Cloud's world as well. I wonder if Xehanort is going to be the next Rufus since he has clones already at his disposal.

Now with the disney characters if they can fight I see no problem with them not being included. Summons would fine as well, but disney should venture out and at least try to have fighters. Ariel and Ursula might be a bit of a challenge to be fighters though considering the water element would have to be involved in some part of the game to make it belieable. I always thought Ursula was a worthy opponent as well.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
I have played the 3DS and know about the their indenties, but either way they are still clones more so than Xeohanort since most of the Sora clones, look exactly alike. You have Roxas, and Ventus who look like each other.
I don't think that the "their own identity" Sephiroth was talking about was strictly physical. In terms of fighting style (which in the fighting game is the most important thing) they are all vastly different when you just compare the Sora clones. I mean, Roxas dual wields, Ven fights backhanded, Vanitas fights more like a Paladin like Riku, and Sora is a balance between those. So in that way, they would all make a lot of sense to be in the game and the reason why I'm fine with the Sora clones over the Xehanort clones is because well...each Sora clone is one of the major characters (minus Vanitas who I'm not so sure yet).

If it weren't for Leon, Sora wouldn't even know what heartless were. Helped in the the tron universe. Sora saved Cloud from Hades. Although If it weren't for Cloud, Sora wouldnt even know who Hades was. They have saved Sora's butt a bunch of times during their involvement with him especially against the heartless. Cloud even had to save Sora's ass from Sepiroth. So I don't see whey they aren't that important in the universe.

I completely agree that Leon and Cloud are important to the KH series, nobody is saying that they aren't an ounce important. However, what I think both of us are trying to do is prioritize who is more important over others and in the long run, Leon and Cloud can barely compete with the other 30 even mentioned. I mean, yes, Leon and Cloud did do all those things which majorly impacted the KH universe but at the same time, Chip and Dale are responsible for the gummi ships, without them you would never be able to traverse worlds as SDG. Does that mean they should be playable? Now they are an extreme case, but I'm just saying that I think, in the long run, Chip and Dale would probably tie if not be more important than Cloud and Leon (Sora would have learned about Hades from Hercules eventually and the heartless...well anyone could have taught him about that).

TWTNW characters were just there in my opinion but they were included in a dream world not the actual world.i don't think Noruma would cut out FF entirely. The only way Normura can cut out FF is if he drops out Radient Gardren then where would Cloud go then?

Just because they were in a dream world doesn't mean they weren't important to the series. I mean, based on that logic, anything that happened in DDD doesn't really matter because it was only in a dream world, not the actual world. Also, I don't think he could cut out FF entirely either, but I'm just showing that KH games don't depend on FF's existence and thus neither should a Dissidia.

flurryflames

I have played the 3DS and know about the their indenties, but either way they are still clones more so than Xeohanort since most of the Sora clones, look exactly alike. You have Roxas, and Ventus who look like each other.

I don't think that the "their own identity" Sephiroth was talking about was strictly physical. In terms of fighting style (which in the fighting game is the most important thing) they are all vastly different when you just compare the Sora clones. I mean, Roxas dual wields, Ven fights backhanded, Vanitas fights more like a Paladin like Riku, and Sora is a balance between those. So in that way, they would all make a lot of sense to be in the game and the reason why I'm fine with the Sora clones over the Xehanort clones is because well...each Sora clone is one of the major characters (minus Vanitas who I'm not so sure yet).

I completely agree that Leon and Cloud are important to the KH series, nobody is saying that they aren't an ounce important. However, what I think both of us are trying to do is prioritize who is more important over others and in the long run, Leon and Cloud can barely compete with the other 30 even mentioned. I mean, yes, Leon and Cloud did do all those things which majorly impacted the KH universe but at the same time, Chip and Dale are responsible for the gummi ships, without them you would never be able to traverse worlds as SDG. Does that mean they should be playable? Now they are an extreme case, but I'm just saying that I think, in the long run, Chip and Dale would probably tie if not be more important than Cloud and Leon (Sora would have learned about Hades from Hercules eventually and the heartless...well anyone could have taught him about that).

I took it as the physical side of it not their fighting style. However the noob would see it differently. Kingdom Hearts gets introduced to new fans all the time and it would be too confusing to a new comer if they see many versions of the 'same character.' Let's say you put in Roxas and Sora then they can differeniate them easily, but if you add Ventus and Xion then you need to change them. So a programmer can just have the character highlighted and then a simple button will make them be that character or characters in that same roster. This would make it easier for the user to play the characters.

It is true. Leon and Cloud help in the fighting department when it comes to the heartless, even though Leon knows about computers, and Chip and Dale are more important when it comes to the transportation side of things and did help with the gummi ships, but Cid also helped with the parts as well in Kingdom Hearts I. I forgot his involvment in Kingdom Hearts II though. Chip and Dale seem more as assist characters than playable characters. It is not the size thing which can be a problem with making a video game though, because you have to scale the characters to fit and small characters usually don't make the cut unless (Pikachu can hold his own since he has speed and electrical abilities) the character has different attirbutes to be a fighter. With Chip and Dale, you can't go far with just throwing fruit at your enemies. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back