• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► D23 Japan Expo to feature new KH3 clip + Conversations with Creators!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I can't wait for the shitstorm of KHII players who hate the game because the new devs have different gameplay.
"WHERE IS THE EPIC???" "dis game is 2 slow... 0/10" "omg wherez my drive formz"
I've actually had a friend ask me how to do reaction commands in DDD, and hated it because there weren't any. TRUE STORIEZ DARK TIMEZ
Jesus Christ now I'm scared.

I mean. This is... a very real possibility. Not to mention the amount of "urrrrrrh KH​ doesn't make any sense" because they didn't keep up with the franchise.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Jesus Christ now I'm scared.

I mean. This is... a very real possibility. Not to mention the amount of "urrrrrrh KH​ doesn't make any sense" because they didn't keep up with the franchise.

Yeah, it's frightening alright. But isn't that why they came up with HD compilation for PS3, to help those who only play "numbered titles" (seriously, BbS and DDD to me are considered numbered titles too, KH0 and KH-pre-3 respectively) to catch up. Sure, the flak will be there ("WHY ARE THERE TWO ROXASES OMG", "I THOUGHT I KILLED THIS GUY"), but probably wouldn't be as bad as we fear it would be...

... I hope.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KHII treated it's players with a lot of western-style instant gratification in it's smooth gameplay and dumbed down difficulty. It isn't long after you begin that you're doing gigantic combos with SOCOOL animations and TOTALLYRAD reaction commands. It's alright, I guess, but all the other KH's are a bit less showy. DDD proved that KH isn't trying to be cool anymore, and I'm really fine with that because there's no real way to make KH look cool anyway without looking super try-hard. (OH LAWD THAT BLACK OUTFIT WITH THE BELTS AND ZIPPERS WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON)

A lot of players of KHIII will want KHII esque gameplay and RADNESS, but alas, as the series has found it's footing, this probably won't be, resulting in a lot of disappointment from more casual fans. I expect the gameplay to handle combos similarly to I, BBS, and DDD, and level up progression similar to I and II, of course being peppered in with the traditional "Once a game KH gimmick". I wonder what that'll be?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yeah, it's frightening alright. But isn't that why they came up with HD compilation for PS3, to help those who only play "numbered titles" (seriously, BbS and DDD to me are considered numbered titles too, KH0 and KH-pre-3 respectively) to catch up. Sure, the flak will be there ("WHY ARE THERE TWO ROXASES OMG", "I THOUGHT I KILLED THIS GUY"), but probably wouldn't be as bad as we fear it would be...

... I hope.

The "numbered-title" fans are silly. I remember when KH3D was announced and someone on Facebook was like "Derrrrr, I'd buy this game if they'd just remove the 'D' from the title"

As if slapping a number onto a title automatically makes a game worthwhile.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The "numbered-title" fans are silly. I remember when KH3D was announced and someone on Facebook was like "Derrrrr, I'd buy this game if they'd just remove the 'D' from the title"

As if slapping a number onto a title automatically makes a game worthwhile.

Sadly, many casual gamers (also those with only one type of console) tend to be "numbered-title" fans. They think because other games are on handheld consoles, they have to be spinoff titles, and as such are by default not worth their time.

Heck, I've got a friend who played 1 and 2, but questioned the canonicity of BbS just because Sora isn't the main focus.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KHII treated it's players with a lot of western-style instant gratification in it's smooth gameplay and dumbed down difficulty. It isn't long after you begin that you're doing gigantic combos with SOCOOL animations and TOTALLYRAD reaction commands.

(excuse me as I sound boring and serious, i'm too sleepy to be fun)

And this is exactly why I disliked KH2. It's hard to go from playing other JRPGs that were rather unforgiving to KH2 that is a watered down from its first game with more pizzaz. It required no thought or effort. Use all of your AP to have all of the combos and finishers on Sora, be prepared to have 15+ hit chains with four finishers oh and if you switch between ground and aerial combos, you can really chain as long as you want. It was too flashy with no substance.

It's alright, I guess, but all the other KH's are a bit less showy. DDD proved that KH isn't trying to be cool anymore, and I'm really fine with that because there's no real way to make KH look cool anyway without looking super try-hard. (OH LAWD THAT BLACK OUTFIT WITH THE BELTS AND ZIPPERS WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON)

I think even Nomura would admit they are past the point of cool. He already said there are so many ways you can make a character's hair before you hit the limit. With that same idea, there are only so many outfits you can make before it becomes too much. KH3D was a nice step forward for a more simplified character design direction. Riku nor Sora had an overabundance of anything and nothing was over-exaggerated, but it did have touches of what Sora and Riku's outfits tend to be comprised of so it worked.

Thinking about it, Nomura doesn't even really bother with belts and zippers anymore. With Dissidia, the last game I can think of where he had a lot of characters to redesign, he went with a more beads and flair style which wasn't even really that prevalent if you weren't paying attention.

And gameplay wise, I think there is still room for flashy but without the simplification made in II.

A lot of players of KHIII will want KHII esque gameplay and RADNESS, but alas, as the series has found it's footing, this probably won't be, resulting in a lot of disappointment from more casual fans. I expect the gameplay to handle combos similarly to I, BBS, and DDD, and level up progression similar to I and II, of course being peppered in with the traditional "Once a game KH gimmick". I wonder what that'll be?

Honestly, I have no pity for the casual fans. It sounds rude but I don't think it'd be fair at all for the millions of fans who did stick with the games to have to surrender to their whims because they want something the series hasn't been in over seven years. Kingdom Hearts finally found its stride in a gameplay system that works and only needs more refining, and rather than complaining they should take the time to play the other games. They might actually enjoy one or two of them!

As for a gimmick, I'd love to see something that changes the form of the Keyblade rather than Sora himself.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Honestly, I have no pity for the casual fans. It sounds rude but I don't think it'd be fair at all for the millions of fans who did stick with the games to have to surrender to their whims because they want something the series hasn't been in over seven years. Kingdom Hearts finally found its stride in a gameplay system that works and only needs more refining, and rather than complaining they should take the time to play the other games. They might actually enjoy one or two of them!
^This. So much this.
I-I really don't understand those people. I can understand if they just don't want to by the handhelds, but even then you can just watch it on the internet. It's like these people out right refuse to acknowledge the handheld games exist. Even with the ReMIX I've had people tell me they're only playing KHI and not even bothering with the other two.
I do wonder how they'll react when they play III...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Well personally I can't sit through Days, especially as a lengthy cutscene collection. I just hate hate hate it. But COM is pretty fun.
Interesting how KHII's gameplay style was never revisited, and most successors borrow more from KHI than II. I just think there's more potential in I.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I sympathize with the ones that haven't played the handheld games because they were unable to, but that's about it. Those who could but chose not to and are insisting that they're useless or of less quality just because they don't have a roman numeral or on a home console... I'm sorry. When they play KH3 and find they don't understand a single bit, they have no one to blame but themselves. Judging games based on platform and names is incredibly shallow and you'd honestly think at this point, we'd all be past that stage.

If they continue to cater to the outdated expectations of those who left, it'd be doing a huge disservice to not only the ones who stayed, but also to the series itself. It's evolved continuously with each new title and concept they've introduced, and often for the better. KH and KH3 deserves to be the very best it can be, and nothing less.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I sympathize with the ones that haven't played the handheld games because they were unable to, but that's about it. Those who could but chose not to and are insisting that they're useless or of less quality just because they don't have a roman numeral or on a home console... I'm sorry. When they play KH3 and find they don't understand a single bit, they have no one to blame but themselves. Judging games based on platform and names is incredibly shallow and you'd honestly think at this point, we'd all be past that stage.

If they continue to cater to the outdated expectations of those who left, it'd be doing a huge disservice to not only the ones who stayed, but also to the series itself. It's evolved continuously with each new title and concept they've introduced, and often for the better. KH and KH3 deserves to be the very best it can be, and nothing less.

i agree sign it not director fault they made the story hard to understand but it there fault not picking the side games up to understand if they don't want to spend there money for the story understanding then have two choices pick up the side games or go watch videos about kingdom hearts story. which why xbox fanboys who never play kh will bash on it just becuase they never play one single kh game and when kh 3 release this what we hear this story sucks, i don't understand it what going on? you know what then that upsets me then because xbox fan will bash it no matter what just because they don't understand the story. Anyway i think kh3 will be awesome and bring square back on it feet hopefully

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I actually haven't heard much bashing from the Xbox fanbase. I mean, I know they're sad that they haven't gotten any of the other KH games, but that's almost a reason that prevents them from being spoiled. Because they haven't seen anything beforehand, most Xbox fans I know understand that they have to catch up on EVERY game they've missed. As opposed to the other fans who I find are just complaining since that they've played "the important games" that they don't need to play anything else. I'm not generalizing and saying all fans are like this, it's just what I've noticed...that's all.

limit

KHII treated it's players with a lot of western-style instant gratification in it's smooth gameplay and dumbed down difficulty. It isn't long after you begin that you're doing gigantic combos with SOCOOL animations and TOTALLYRAD reaction commands. It's alright, I guess, but all the other KH's are a bit less showy. DDD proved that KH isn't trying to be cool anymore, and I'm really fine with that because there's no real way to make KH look cool anyway without looking super try-hard. (OH LAWD THAT BLACK OUTFIT WITH THE BELTS AND ZIPPERS WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON)

^^This
Although, I wouldn't mind having Sora do all the tricks, though. Gotta admit, Sora slicing that first set of buildings making an "X" along with "A Fight to the Death" playing in the background was pretty freaking cool. Def didn't like the ease of the game.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
a Clip that about min or less right. I want to see radinat garden and a new kind of heartless. If only to confirm that our main stock enemyies will be heartless again.

Gram

Banned
Awards
a Clip that about min or less right. I want to see radinat garden and a new kind of heartless. If only to confirm that our main stock enemyies will be heartless again.

I'd like to see a clip of Destiny Islands.

Im wondering though what they can possibly show in the clip. It's way too soon(or not?) for anything story related, but there must be something they are gonna show. My bet is either a clip showing off some new gameplay mechanics, or the reveal of a world in the last few seconds.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Im wondering though what they can possibly show in the clip. It's way too soon(or not?) for anything story related, but there must be something they are gonna show. My bet is either a clip showing off some new gameplay mechanics, or the reveal of a world in the last few seconds.

They can show anything. Squar enix does not know the meaning to too soonit was to soon to show final fantas 15 but they did that 7 years before releasing anything. Kh3 has a hopeful 2 years before release, we jsut need 30 second for a theme and a hook, that can supply discussion and until jump festa in december

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
IF we even see a moving video (I'm betting a photo if anything) I doubt it will be anything related to gameplay considering the gameplay was just finalized I believe not to long ago (something was pertaining to gameplay being the early stages recently).

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kingdom Hearts II had just started development went it was first shown at TGS in 2003, yet that trailer confirmed the return of Olympus Coliseum and revealed Beast's Castle. The only reason confirmation this big is doubtful is because they said new footage would be shown, not trailer. Maybe they're just wording things differently, and we'll be seeing a new trailer. I think at best, we'll see a new world and a returning world (probably Olympus Coliseum if they show a returning world). At worst, we'll just see more gameplay in Twilight Town, but I'll be happy with that.

Last edited:
Honestly, depending on what we see from this clip, I think we'll be able to gauge just how long development will take for this game to complete

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
IF we even see a moving video (I'm betting a photo if anything) I doubt it will be anything related to gameplay considering the gameplay was just finalized I believe not to long ago (something was pertaining to gameplay being the early stages recently).

According to the impressions, it IS a full blown trailer with gameplay and footage, not just photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back