• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Chikao Ohtsuka, voice of Master Xehanort, dies at 85

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
This is such bad news... my condolences to his son Akio ( who plays Ansem in the japanese dub of KH ) and the rest of his family.

He will be missed.

PS : Please someone tell me there's a slightly chance that what Bill Farmer said was true... I hope he did record lines for KHIII. ( I mean, they did record voices for the Opening of KHIII )

Anyways, sad to hear this news. RIP

XrayDoc

The voice of Big Boss in MGS4

He was a true patriot.

MGS%20Big%20Boss.jpg

WaveK89

Holy left field, Batman. This is so unfortunate. I really liked his role as Master Xehanort. I mean, I don't know Japanese, but his voice felt true to me. So sad. May he rest in peace.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm always hoping for the KH official twitter to update, but now I wish it hadn't :C How sad...

Heartkeeper

Awards
RIP, great voice, you guys should add that he was the voice of Dr.Weil in ockman Zero 3 and 4.

Narxus

ご冥福をお祈りいたします

Condolences to his family friends and loved ones

Sdog

Awards
A shame to lose such a great talent with a powerful voice such as his. I hope his son and the rest of the family are taking this the best they can, though it is not easy. Listening to some of his work now and damn, this is a loss for the industry.

BlazeHeatnix

Aww man... He was Dr. Weil in the Mega Man Zero series too.

Definitely one of the best Japanese VAs who ever lived. He had one of the most iconic evil laughs in gaming. What's truly sad though is his last performance was in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. What a way to go.

Last edited:

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
That's so terrible. Makes you realize, it's sad. But it happens. And that's another reason why Nomura needs to hurry and finish making the third. What happens to another actor? Or someone helping make the game...
The first thing I thought of when I read this was that something happened to Leonard Nimoy. I wasn't thinking of the japanese voice. I almost dropped my tablet thinking that Xehanort had no voice! But it's still so sad. RIP...

Antar

Awards

PS : Please someone tell me there's a slightly chance that what Bill Farmer said was true... I hope he did record lines for KHIII. ( I mean, they did record voices for the Opening of KHIII )

I really hope so, too. We'll be able to tell how far they were in the development if his voice actor changes any time during KH3.

Fortissimo

That's such a shame and a terrible loss. However, I guess he will live on forever in the characters he voiced. Here to keeping his memory alive.

i wonder if they will do any special tributes for him in future games he was working on.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
Hmmm... Yeah, I never saw that. Can't I would've believed it if I read it. The actors get confused on which game they're doing sometimes. It's OK. But I had no idea what you guys were talking about when you mentioned Bill Farmer on here! Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back