• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can new worlds really fit in to the premise of KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveK89

Disregard if this discussion has been done. I may admit, I may not understand the story entirely. With the premise of KH3 and the impending battle of light vs darkness. I'm honestly wondering how new worlds are even going to fit in this game.

The only reasons I could think of is if it's because of Maleficent or if we're hiding the 7 PoH in new worlds. I really think of Xehanort has a smart man, so I see no reason why going to other worlds would really be necessary for his plans.

Perhaps, we're going to start off with the keyblade wielders going to new worlds to resolve Heartless problems? Hunting, the family business. Just going to different worlds for the hell of keeping Heartless at bay.

I'm all for new worlds, I really am. I just don't see how it's going to new worlds will fit in with the whole inevitable battle thing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's what the new "Search for the Key to Return Hearts"-plot device is for.

Nomura already admitted in an interview that Sora, Donald and Goofy searching for that key will play out like a "wild goose chase" for some time.
This will serve as an excuse to travel several Disney worlds again, some new ones almost guaranteed to be among them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disregard if this discussion has been done. I may admit, I may not understand the story entirely. With the premise of KH3 and the impending battle of light vs darkness. I'm honestly wondering how new worlds are even going to fit in this game.

The only reasons I could think of is if it's because of Maleficent or if we're hiding the 7 PoH in new worlds. I really think of Xehanort has a smart man, so I see no reason why going to other worlds would really be necessary for his plans.

Perhaps, we're going to start off with the keyblade wielders going to new worlds to resolve Heartless problems? Hunting, the family business. Just going to different worlds for the hell of keeping Heartless at bay.

I'm all for new worlds, I really am. I just don't see how it's going to new worlds will fit in with the whole inevitable battle thing.

Well, for one thing we probably won't be going to all of the 7 PoH's worlds which will cut out a lot of repeat worlds. Agrabah is likely. Castle of Dreams or Enchanted Dominion (but not both), and Destiny Islands are likely to remain.

Sora and company will be traveling to various worlds to find the "Key to Return Hearts", which they have no clue what it is just that it is crucial to saving everybody they want to save. Like Sephiroth explained, Nomura has already said it'll be a wild goose chase for them so they will be going to new and old worlds to find it.

Xehanort will cause mayhem in other worlds because he is always stocking up on contingency plans, searching for new things that will aid him and his goals. He'll also still be after Sora for a bit since he was definitely determined to make him the final vessel. He may be a smart man, but he never stops planning and moving.

Last edited:

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Like the others were saying, of course there will be new worlds for that wild goose chase that Nomura mentioned. I'm hoping there are more new worlds than old, honestly. And I suspect that's what we'll see, since some of them have made way too many appearances.

KeybladeGuy

Awards
I for one would prefer many more new worlds plus a few old ones for nostalgia. Agrabah is confirmed, personally Port Royal and Halloween Town are all the others I need. Maybe Space Paranoids/The Grid and La Cite des Cloches, but mostly I just want new ones (Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Wreck-It Ralph pls)

He's Normura. Like Masahiro Sakurai, he can make anything fit. It's his series.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also keep in mind, we hardly have a premise for 3, we don't even know what the Key they're looking for is, or any other subplots or motives of other characters yet. It's waaaaaay too premature for anyone to say they know the premise.

Sdog

Awards
Nomura already admitted in an interview that Sora, Donald and Goofy searching for that key will play out like a "wild goose chase" for some time.

While that answer will more than suffice hopefully it doesn't drag for too long amongst the new worlds where that motivation plot gets dried out.

But then again KH1 did involve 8 worlds looking for Riku n Kairi so shouldn't be surprised if this comes to be.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
In most Kingdom Hearts games, the characters, usually Sora, is just looking for something or someone. This game will be no different with the "Key to return hearts".

What I thought this thread was going to be about was the exhaustion of films that Kingdom Hearts would be able to use as worlds. Obviously at this point most of the "good" ones have already been taken but there are some new ones out now and more on the way. Frozen is practically a shoe-in. I'm pretty sure Disney would force Nomura to include that movie in some way.

This also brings up the issue of connections and relationships made in previous worlds. For instance, Sora is now pretty tight with the likes of Aladdin, Jack Skellington, and Hercules. It would almost be weird if Sora never thought to go visit his old friends, but at the same time most of the stories that could be told in those worlds have been exhausted. So it's a question of if they decide to strike a balance between new and familiar worlds or do they try to go with a completely new set of places for Sora to visit? I think Tron and Pirates are franchises that are kind of in a good place because there are more sequels or at least more sequels coming.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm sure there will be new worlds, but I think I'm in the minority in that I totally want returning worlds/IPs.

Throughout the series Sora and co. have traveled to many worlds and made many friends. I think it's a waste to forge these bonds and then, in the grand finale, not have those bonds shine through.

If every world in KHIII was a world we'd seen before (or an IP, like Lilo & Stitch returning as a Hawaii world), I'd be totally fine with that. Hell, there's a part of me that really wants that. Sora didn't go to those worlds and make friends with its residents just to leave them behind and do the same thing with every other world out there.

Something I loved from KHII was having the characters in the worlds already know Sora because of KH1, even characters like Mushu and Simba, who were only summons. It made them feel like real friends, rather than just allies in battle.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree with you, The Echo, I would totally be fine if we only had return worlds. Particularly the worlds that have been present for the majority of Sora's story in this first saga (Agrabah, Halloweentown, Atlantica, 100 Acre Wood, Olympus Coliseum). If they disappear after that, I would be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back