• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any Good Animes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Mario64

So here' the deal. I've seen some fairly basic animes like what's shown on Cartoon Network, but I want to get into the real meat and potatoes of the genre. Any suggestions? Where can I find them?

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
It all depends on what genre you want. If you're lookin' for some mecha, go with Gundam and Gurren Lagann. If you want Ecchi, I would suggest something simple like Princess Lover or Ichigo 100%. The list goes on and on. Tell us what type, and it helps to narrow it down.

By the way, I listed some old but good ones.

Trag

Bronze Member
Serial Experiments Lain, Fooly Cooly, Ghost in the Shell (the movie), these are good animes to introduce you, and they were all part of the adult swim old line-up way back when.

impart

Climb The Sky
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Death Note
Code Geass
Hetalia: Axis Powers

I haven't seen any of them ,actually. I always mean to watch them and never get aroud to it .but those are some of the very favorites of the general anime fan

I would also recommend
Card Captor Sakura
FLCL
Darker Than Black

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
So here' the deal. I've seen some fairly basic animes like what's shown on Cartoon Network, but I want to get into the real meat and potatoes of the genre. Any suggestions? Where can I find them?

You want short and sweet: Elfen Lied

decent length: death Note

Long and Exciting: DBZ, Naruto, and yuyu Hakusho

;D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let's see.

Must Watch:
DragonBall Z
Yu Yu Hakusho
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell (pretty much anything GitS)

Personal recommendations:

Last Exile
Serial Experiments: Lain
RahXephon
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Fullmetal Alchemist (Both the first series and the manga-based one, Brotherhood, are good)
X
Tenchi Muyo
Hetalia: Axis Powers and World Series
Natsume Yuujinchou
Spice and Wolf

And by time you have seen the Must Watch ones, you'll already have an idea of what you might like or dislike.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

good anime

do5Xs.jpg

To cover a few that haven't been mentioned yet:

Mushishi
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
School Days
Monster
Baccano
Durarara
G Gundam
Samurai Champloo

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Also, Wolf's Rain is amazing.

Mushishi
School Days
Monster
Baccano
G Gundam
Samurai Champloo

these all needed to be emphasized [admittedly school days is kind of boring and stupid but people seem to enjoy it regardless]

other 'musts' include:

• clannad if you're into comedy, romance, and maybe the best cast of characters in an anime. shit, even if you're not into romance, being an anime fan and not liking clannad is pretty impossible.
  • kinda surprised no one has mentioned rurouni kenshin because that's like one of the few mainstream sword animes that isn't mediocre
  • death note is also one of those animes that is hard to dislike -- it's getting better too as it looks like the "worship death note" phase is over

those are like my personal top three [in addition to monster and samurai champloo]. it's hard to give recommendations as there are plenty out there. i'd just google a certain genre of anime you think you'd be into, and you'll find tons to choose from.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
[admittedly school days is kind of boring and stupid but people seem to enjoy it regardless]

it's mostly just for the ending and how hilariously fucked up it is

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
What? No mention of Welcome to the NHK, Genshiken, Le Chevalier d'Eon, Eden of the East, Gunslinger Girls, Ghost Hound, Boogiebop Phantom, Gad Guard, Basilisk, Vandread, Cromartie Boys High School, or House of Five Leaves?

Well, screw you all too.

Also, skip Wolf's Rain's epilogue. It near ruins the entire series.

E

Eyesore

I recommend Monster and Serial Experiments Lain as Must Sees.
You can pretty find them on any fan subbing site...And fan subbing sites can be found on Google.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
What? No mention of Welcome to the NHK, Genshiken, Le Chevalier d'Eon, Eden of the East, Gunslinger Girls, Ghost Hound, Boogiebop Phantom, Gad Guard, Basilisk, Vandread, Cromartie Boys High School, or House of Five Leaves?

Well, screw you all too.

lol forgot about Vandread, really good anime, funny too. just found one part in it that was disturbing but i won't spoil it lol ^_^.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
House of Five Leaves(not much action but the plot is fantastic, ending is incredibly well planned out)
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
One Piece(do NOT let length deter you from starting this masterpiece. though i recommend the manga.)
Hellsing(OVA Series, not the original. Personally ranks in my top 3 anime of all time.)
Fooly Cooly
Death Note, if not already.
Yu Yu Hakasho/Spirit Detective.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Baccano
Durarara!! Watch Baccano first to get all the references.
Monster. This above almost all.
TTGL though you'll be kinda pissed around episode 12 or so.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
these all needed to be emphasized [admittedly school days is kind of boring and stupid but people seem to enjoy it regardless]

other 'musts' include:

• clannad if you're into comedy, romance, and maybe the best cast of characters in an anime. shit, even if you're not into romance, being an anime fan and not liking clannad is pretty impossible.
  • kinda surprised no one has mentioned rurouni kenshin because that's like one of the few mainstream sword animes that isn't mediocre
  • death note is also one of those animes that is hard to dislike -- it's getting better too as it looks like the "worship death note" phase is over

those are like my personal top three [in addition to monster and samurai champloo]. it's hard to give recommendations as there are plenty out there. i'd just google a certain genre of anime you think you'd be into, and you'll find tons to choose from.

Knew I was missing something! Rurouni Kenshin!

lol School Days. I just like the end. Nice Boat killed me.

Well, screw you all too.

I also forgot about those. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back