• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada Hikaru makes her official return to music!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Marking the end of her five-year hiatus, Utada Hikaru has officially announced her return to the music industry this Spring with the launch of a special commemorative website!

The website is for the "NEW-turn" project, featuring a cherry blossom tree that will grow as people use the hashtag "#おかえりHIKKI" (meaning #WelcomebackHIKKI) or buy her music off of iTunes Japan, mora, Recochoku, or from the Universal Music Store. Money raised through the "NEW-turn" project website will go towards replanting cherry blossom trees in locations that were affected by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Yahoo Japan's streaming service GyaO! and broadcast media company USEN are also endorsing the campaign and will donate money based on how many views are made on Utada's music videos

Utada first announced that she would finally be returning to making music back in July 2015, and there were many rumors about what projects the singer would be working on in 2016. This year, it was officially revealed that one of the two newest songs she will be working on includes "Hanataba wo Kimi ni", which will serve as the opening theme for the NHK drama "Toto Nee-chan". The other song will serve as the ending theme for the NTV news program "NEWS ZERO". Both songs will be revealed on April 4th.

As Utada's triumphant returns grows closer, more hope grows for her return to Kingdom Hearts but who knows what the future may hold. Discuss the great news with us on our forums!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for all of the latest Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts 3 news!

Source: JPopAsia

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
welcome back hikaru gat way what you have in story in terms of music and we hope you a song for kh3 the future doesn't scare us at all
#welcomebackhikki

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
2016 is the year of dreams coming true. u betta represent, khi.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
New Kingdom Hearts 3 theme song. I feel it in the air....in the water. Nomura is still drawing.

Nicki6082

Awesome! I can't wait hopefully we get news of a new song for KHIII soon!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Awww, this is awesome! Can't wait!

I tweeted for the campaign, too.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sweet. Looking forward to her new album and songs.

I'd love her to do the KH3 theme though at the same time I could see her not coming back

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Personally I want that Peabo Bryson duet. ;A; Give me my 90s feels ;A;

Listen to the cover of "Sanctuary" on Utada's Anniversary Album! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Also may we never forget:

This was the first time I felt troubled to draw.

There were a number of things that troubled me. Perhaps you could ask yourself is this the “game”. In the game’s proposal, I kept in mind when writing this, from what you know previously, your imagination may start to inflate/swell. I thought about trying to express this in one picture. What arises from this proposal, there is a meaning to every keyword in the picture.

And, as one waits for Utada to perform again, there is a double meaning in this content. What happens if she starts to move again?
I tried to draw those emotions in the possibility of those imaginations.

Tetsuya Nomura (Square Enix) Designer
FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS character designer, game designer, and Director.

Tetsuya Nomura Collaboration: Utada Hikaru's Cover Album - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, part of me wants it to be a duet for KH3 but idk how fans would react to suddenly being thrown a 90s ballad and then the other half of me wants Utada to steal the show so OF COURSE no duet.

But yes. Duets.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i wouldn't mind a duet for change do sometihng different you this is the last game of the saga make it special

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So, are you guys excited for her two new songs next month? I know I am ready for them.

i am not prepared for anything. i have been transformed into a weak cretin that cannot handle this situation but somehow will anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back