• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► D23 Expo Japan - Attending Voice Actors Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Earlier this year in March, we were introduced to D23 Expo Japan, the first of the D23 Expos to ever take place outside of the United States. We were esctatic to discover that Kingdom Hearts, while usually not represented at Disney-based events, would have a special event featured there. As the months went by, more details surfaced regarding the contents of D23 Expo Japan, including the reveal of new information for upcoming titles and the charity auction of a one-of-a-king reference figurine used during the development of the original game!

It didn't stop there. We also learned that several voice actors would be in attendance, along with Series Executive Producer Shinji Hashimoto and Director Tetsuya Nomura. The community has waited eagerly to learn the identities of these voice actors, and they have finally been announced:

Miyu Irino (voice of Sora, Vanitas), Mamoru Miyano (voice of Riku) and Kouki Uchiyama (voice of Roxas, Ventus).

Mamoru Miyano and Miyu Irino appear in Disney’s D23 Expo Japan Stage

D23 Expo Japan celebrates the 90th anniversary of Walt Disney Company and the 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort on October 12~14.D23 Expo Japan will hold a special stage and famous actors decide to appear.

These famous actors will appear in the KINGDOM HEARTS Limited Stage on October 14 15:00. Miyu Irino voices Sora, Mamoru Miyano voices Riku, and Kouki Uchiyama who voices Roxas in a series directed by Tetsuya Nomura called KINGDOM HEARTS and assisted with the executive producer Shinji Hashimoto. In KINGDOM HEARTS Limited Stage, you can enjoy their untold stories about their production along with talk shows. It is a rare and valuable experience that will only be for a limited amount of people.

This special event, D23 Expo Japan, is held outside of the United States for the first time in appreciation for Disney fans; celebrating the 90th anniversary of Walt Disney Company and the 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort.

Source: ota-suke, aibo_ac7

Edit: We've just learned that Mamoru Miyano posted on his blog about his attending D23 Expo. He is unbelievably excited for the opportunity to participate in not only a Disney event, but also his first Kingdom Hearts event as well! Thanks to tumblr user js-nightflightyou can read the full entry below.

Translations used with permission.

I, MIYANO MAMORU, 

O,O,O,O,O,O,O,OF ALL THINGS!!!

HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE HONOR TO PARTICIPATE

IN THE “KINGDOM HEARTS LIMITED STAGE”

WHICH WILL BE PART OF THE

"D23 EXPO JAPAN"!!!!!\(^O^)/

TO BE PART OF A “DISNEY” EVENT!!!

I CAN’T HIDE MY SURPRISE(>_<)☆☆☆

AND ON TOP OF THAT MY VERY FIRST “KINGDOM HEARTS” EVENT!!!!!

IT’S BEEN OVER 10 YEARS SINCE I FIRST TOOK PART IN THIS SERIES, BUT TO BE ABLE TO DO AN EVENT LIKE THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY I CAN’T TAKE IT!!!(*^^*)☆☆☆

AT THAT TIME…I WAS STILL A TEENAGER….(LOL)

I WANT TO GIVE A STAGE THAT IS OVERFLOWING WITH “KINGDOM HEARTS LOVE” AND TO HAVE A TALK SHOW OVERFLOWING WITH MEMORIES WITH IRINO MIYU, UCHIYAMA KOUKI AND DIRECTOR NOMURA☆

THERE WILL ALSO BE A LIMITED AMUSEMENT EVENT AS WELL, SO PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO THAT TOO☆

D23 EXPO JAPAN, “KINGDOM HEARTS LIMITED STAGE”

WILL

BE HAPPENING ON OCTOBER 14 (MONDAY, A HOLIDAY) BETWEEN 15:00 - 16:00

AT THE DISNEY RESORT, INSIDE THE MAIHAMA AMPHITHEATER☆

I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE(^-^)V☆

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
yes i am very happy to see them attending <3

Gram

Banned
Awards
The mystery is finally revealed lol
Got to say, though I expected Sora's to be there, I'm kinda surprised that roxas' and riku's is as well.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I was surprised to see Kouki to be honest, but I'm very excited that he'll be there.

Both Miyu and Mamo make public appearances rather often (stage performances, concerts, anime cast events, etc.), and the main two heroes gotta be represented~

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Roxas-channn

But yeah this is awesome, I've always preferred japanese VA over english ones, including those in KH

Gram

Banned
Awards
I was surprised to see Kouki to be honest, but I'm very excited that he'll be there.

Both Miyu and Mamo make public appearances rather often (stage performances, concerts, anime cast events, etc.), and the main two heroes gotta be represented~

I didn't know Kouki appearances were rare. *o*

Riku's always gotta be represent~

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Roxas-channn

But yeah this is awesome, I've always preferred japanese VA over english ones, including those in KH
Well good thing they're not flying the english voice overs to this japanese event then 8D

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well good thing they're not flying the english voice overs to this japanese event then 8D

Unless they decided to invite Jesse McCartney, because moar Roxas

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I'm surprised Koichi Yamadera isnt there considering how much work he's done in the series and for Disney in general.

I'm not surprised Risa Uchida (Kairis VA.)isnt there, considering how reclusive she is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am so glad it's these three that will be at D23~

I'm surprised Koichi Yamadera isnt there considering how much work he's done in the series and for Disney in general.

I'm not surprised Risa Uchida (Kairis VA.)isnt there, considering how reclusive she is.

Well, there are still two months until the event. Anything could happen in that time. I wouldn't be surprised if he was there for D23 itself and just not announced for this panel.

xD Imagine the level of awkward that would be...They'd need translators :c

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Also, I heard Kouki only went to a convention in the US, where he was on a panel with Stephanie Sheh and the guy who voices Master Chief in Halo. Other then that he rarely does public events.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also, I heard Kouki only went to a convention in the US, where he was on a panel with Stephanie Sheh and the guy who voices Master Chief in Halo.

I remember seeing a Soul Eater panel a few years back at some American convention with him.

Other then that he rarely does public events.

That's more than understandable.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I remember seeing a Soul Eater panel a few years back at some American convention with him.

that's probably the convention I'm thinking of.

That's more than understandable.

Indeed. Considering how crazy fan girls got when Mamoru anounced he we was married and is a father.

Also I hope theres video of this.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
This should be exciting. Can't wait to see all the news that comes out of D23. Wonder if any of them have some really goofy stories to share?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah I'm really looking forward to their stories. They're always super fun to listen to, and we all remember the brilliant tales from KHI's favorite voice actor. I'm sure these will be just as interesting!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
All I've got to say is that although I'm no giant fan of the Japanese cast, one thing they have over the US releases are complete consistency. Sora's voice actor does a stellar job at sounding the same, game to game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
All I've got to say is that although I'm no giant fan of the Japanese cast, one thing they have over the US releases are complete consistency. Sora's voice actor does a stellar job at sounding the same, game to game.

His voice didn't change as drastically as Haley's over the years. They are both excellent.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That's what happens when you hire a child who then goes through puberty and becomes an adult. Not really comparable when you take that into consideration.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah I'm really looking forward to their stories. They're always super fun to listen to, and we all remember the brilliant tales from KHI's favorite voice actor. I'm sure these will be just as interesting!

favorite voice actor? which one?

david gallagher?

or is it that guy who gave me a gold star once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back