• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix E3 Showcase Dated for Monday June 11th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

On Monday the 11th of June 2018, Square Enix will be hosting a very special E3 showcase. Square Enix last held an E3 showcase in 2015, where Tangled was announced to be a world in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Details are scarce on what games Square Enix will show off, but chances are high that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be a major focal point alongside Shadow of the Tomb Raider and The Avengers Project (tentative title).

FAQ

What is the Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018?

On Monday, June 11 at 10AM PDT, we’ll connect you to the many worlds within our universe.

• London – Monday 11th June 2018 @ 18:00 GMT
  • Central Europe – Monday 11th June 2018 @ 19:00 CEST
  • Tokyo – Tuesday June 12th @ 0200 JST

How will I be able to watch the Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018?

Please tune in here to watch it on your preferred livestreaming platform.

Will there be a physical venue to experience Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018?

This website and the respective streaming platforms will be the exclusive ways to watch this showcase. 

Will this stream be live? Where is it broadcast from?

The stream is produced in advance and will begin at 10 AM (PDT).

What if I miss the scheduled broadcast? Will I be able to view it at a later time?

The Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018 will be archived here

Do I need to sign up or pay to watch?

No sign ups necessary. The livestream is completely free.

What titles will be announced or showcased in Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018?

Find out here on June 11! 

What languages will be supported?

English & Japanese.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
My first instinct was that this will be our release date reveal. However, since it is a pre-recorded presentation and there isn’t a physical venue for it, do you think they’d rather announce it somewhere with a live audience? Most people have been saying they’d want that live reaction like at D23 Anaheim. But this seems like a way to reach everyone in the world at once with a high quality reveal.

I’m so stoked for this either way. I hope we get to see some Avengers footage!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
DcoacnDVAAAvLuL.jpg

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think we might only get a world announcement there and the Sony conference is the big stuff

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It also starts the same time as my lunch break, so the Square Enix powers-that-be have smiled upon me. :D

I think we’ll see release dates for both KH3 (unless revealed at the Orchestra) and Left Alive plus new trailers from Tomb Raider and DQXI with more teasers of FFVII and Avengers Project (possible title reveal?)

This is so exciting!

(P.S. Y’all don’t have to watch me go on about July anymore since this type of thing happening pre-E3 was integral to the idea. They would’ve announced it first if there was anything coming before this. Thanks Square Enix for allowing me to regain my sanity. Lmao

They could still do the full reveal for KH3 at the Sony event. But this would be more neutral ground since they want to advertise it for Xbox One as well.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
do they even care about adverste it for xbox one since they know it will see on the system

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
do they even care about adverste it for xbox one since they know it will see on the system
Of course they care. Microsoft's stance on marketing their games, at least their JRPG's, is "step in during the final few months and have something about it on stage at one of our conferences".

Apart from the reveal, marketing so far has been pretty neutral and a SE conference lets them show games for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Because of this, however, my expectations of KH3 being at the Microsoft conference has dropped since they might want to hold this back for their own conference if they wanted to continue to have it be neutral?

IDK, Square don't have conferences that often to judge patterns on what they might do. FFVIIR was revealed at the Sony conference and then the trailer was repeated at the SE conference the next day while KH3 was held back from both conferences until the Square Enix one, but Sony seem to have cut a deal with Square for that game :/

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Sweet! I'll be able to watch it live, uh, well as "live" as a pre-recorded event can be.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
chaser i think we might get only small stuff like a world or something else i expect to the big stuff for sony i mean i could be wrong but i keeping my expectations in check

Last edited:

Cakeberry

[relatableimage.jpg]

LITERALLY ME RN

If I'm this excited over an announcement of a showcase over a month from now, wtf is gonna happen to me when I actually see something on screen? No matter how small it is I'm gonna eat up every single second of it!!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyone think since it’s specified to be streaming in both English and Japanese that we’ll get English voice acting in the trailer? Not that it would be surprising.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
LITERALLY ME RN
This was more accurate for me reading the news compared to the shaking from excitement and it being 9 degrees here and I'm not wearing a jacket!

DchBOQSVwAAkoeP.jpg

If I'm this excited over an announcement of a showcase over a month from now, wtf is gonna happen to me when I actually see something on screen? No matter how small it is I'm gonna eat up every single second of it!!
omg me too idk if I will be able to function

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This isn’t is essentially what Chaser and Sign did to me this morning:

Shaking%20Star%20Trek.gif
See this bike?

old-bike-c47d8722-4588-4f62-b4b0-32e349b7edbb.jpg

This is your old, abandoned, TWEWY 2 hopes bike. Now hop back on and ride it into the bitter disappointment that will be no TWEWY sequel at E3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
See this bike?

old-bike-c47d8722-4588-4f62-b4b0-32e349b7edbb.jpg

This is your old, abandoned, TWEWY 2 hopes bike. Now hop back on and ride it into the bitter disappointment that will be no TWEWY sequel at E3.

I hate you so much.

*starts weeping in TWEWY as she rides on her bike with no brakes*

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I hate you so much.

*starts weeping in TWEWY as she rides on her bike with no brakes*

But hey, I bet we get a release date of the Switch version which I totally forgot is coming. I’ve never played the original TWEWY, so I’m pretty excited to check it out!

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Actually debating if i should just not watch whatever they show and just read up about it instead. I don't think i need to actually watch anymore footage but that's easier said then done..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But hey, I bet we get a release date of the Switch version which I totally forgot is coming. I’ve never played the original TWEWY, so I’m pretty excited to check it out!

Yeah, but that will likely be revealed in the Nintendo Direct stream since SE isn’t publishing TWEWY in the West.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
there a rumor that the new avegers might be the new destiny june is almost here ant wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back