• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada Hikaru moves to Sony Music Labels, new projects to be announced this year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Utada Hikaru announced through her website that she is moving to Sony Music Labels following the expiration of her contract with Universal Music Japan. Utada's final album with Universal Music Japan was her 6th Japanese studio album titled Fantôme, which released last year in September and continues to track on Oricon's album charts.

In conjunction with Utada's announcement, Sony Music Labels also announced that Utada's contract with the label begins March 1, 2017 and announcements for her projects will be made through Epic Records Japan sometime this year.

Late last year, Utada's father and manager Utada Teruzane had briefly mentioned on Twitter that Utada would be returning to work on the theme song for KINGDOM HEARTS III, but amended his statement a day later stating that while they are eager to do it, nothing had been made official as of that time.

Utada was originally signed with Toshiba EMI back in 1997 and made her debut with the release of "Automatic" and "Time Will Tell" in 1998, and the company was eventually bought and folded into Universal Music Japan in 2013. Utada went on hiatus from music in 2011, citing that she wanted to travel and discover the world, only making a brief return to record "Sakura Nagashi" for the 2012 film Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) RedoFollowing Utada's marriage and birth of her first child, Utada announced in 2015 that she would make a return to music.

After the release of Fantôme in September 2016, Utada released the "Hikari (Ray of Hope MIX)" EP in January 2017 which featured "Hikari" and "Simple and Clean" remixes by PUNPEE for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

We reviewed Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologuewhich you can read here. Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Source: Natalie, Oricon

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If I have errors or something, plz tell me and I will correct them asap when I wake up.

Also please do discuss how these projects can be many things but that the hope is that it is a) Evangelion (what is 3.0 + 1.0 even) and b) Kingdom Hearts III (I mean Teruzane blabbed about it very candidly so I'm not sure why anybody doubts it)

or anything you'd like

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
one of the projects is kingdom hearts theme song i mean her fater already kid of spoiled it other ptrojects i dont know really maybe a new soundtrack

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Well getting something from her for both Eva and KH3 would be perfect! Or even for one of them. Looking forward to hearing more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
tbh I don't care what her next project is. I just really love hearing more music from her. I listen to Fantome almost every day during my commutes to and from work.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i when when they officially official announce that she working on the song for kh3 and wonder if we get a sneak peek of it

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i when when they officially official announce that she working on the song for kh3 and wonder if we get a sneak peek of it

I don't think we heard Passion until closer to KH2's release. (and with Evangelion 3.0, they didn't reveal Sakura Nagashi until I believe the week of the film's theatrical release) I kind of want the same thing to happen with KH3, if only to draw out the hype.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think we heard Passion until closer to KH2's release. (and with Evangelion 3.0, they didn't reveal Sakura Nagashi until I believe the week of the film's theatrical release) I kind of want the same thing to happen with KH3, if only to draw out the hype.
yeah true but i want them least say they working on the theme song for kh3 for the kh 15 aniversary so that way we can guess what type of song we might here and specualte

Muke

whatever
Awards
More Utada is always good <33

Spockanort said:
So, apparently Sony Music Japan likes region blocking so prayer circle that Utada's music doesn't get blocked :c
:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back