• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Steve Blum would love to voice a character in Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Back in July, Steve Blum (Vincent Valentine in Final Fantasy VII) answered a number of questions from fans with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Rosso in Dirge of Cerberus, Nora Estheim in FFXIIIHydaelyn in FFXIV) during his panel at Florida Supercon 2016. When asked about which video game franchise Steve Blum would like to work on that he has yet to be in, he responded with a passionate answer about Kingdom Hearts.

You can hear the question and response starting from 10:38 in the video below:

– What video game franchise do you want to work with but you never have?

Steve Blum: Probably Kingdom Hearts. I think that would be really fun because I feel like a lot of my characters would fit into that universe really well and for some reason they never used any of my characters in it, so that's probably be one I would love to be a part of.  Just off the top of my head. I've worked on so many and I'm so grateful for the ones that have worked out. But yeah probably Kingdom Hearts more than anything else.

Blum holds the Guinness World Record for the most video game roles of any voice actor with over 261 credits and is a beloved voice actor among video game, anime, and western animation fans due to the many prolific and iconic roles he has played, so it may come to the surprise of many that he has yet to appear in Kingdom Hearts.

Not only has he voiced Vincent Valentine from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, but he has also played Cid Aulstyne in Final Fantasy Type-0, the Arbiter of Time in Final Fantasy XIII-2, Zeb Orrelios and numerous other characters from Star Wars Rebels, many characters from Marvel's animated series, and additional roles in a few Disney series. 

Would you like to see Steve Blum voice a character in the Kingdom Hearts series? Which one of his characters would you like to see appear in the series? Let us know on our forums or in the comments below!  

Thanks to forum user maryadavies for bringing this to our attention!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i could see steve blum voicing a original,vincent or a disney characther in the kingdom hearts series maybe even in even becuase has that voice that can easly lend a hand to villien or a somebody important like the master of masters

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know what I mean. It was a toss up between him or Vincent, and then we got Cloud as Vincent's clothes.

I blame Disney 8D

But they should totally have Vincent in KH3. Everybody loves Vincent––even after Dirge of Cerberus––so it really needs to happen.

i could see steve blum voicing a original,vincent or a disney characther in the kingdom hearts series maybe even in even becuase has that voice that can easly lend a hand to villien or a somebody important like the master of masters

I don't want to see him as a villain in Kingdom Hearts. *chants Vincent*

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Wasn't the reason Vincent wasn't included originally was because of his weapon?Assuming that's true,couldn't they give him something along the lines of Xigbar's.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Yes please bring in Steve! So many great roles, such range, such talent, and such passion and heart for what he does. Whether it's as Vincent or hell, even if it's Makucha from The Lion Guard (who was cool on his own). Bring in Steve!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wasn't the reason Vincent wasn't included originally was because of his weapon?Assuming that's true,couldn't they give him something along the lines of Xigbar's.

That was a part of it, yeah.

Disney has shown guns in their films plenty of times and the ESRB isn't as stuffy about guns in E10+ games anymore, though.

They could totally follow in line with Xigbar if they needed to, but hey...Sora's got Keyblade guns xD

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I don't know much of Final Fantasy (don't kill me), but his character looks gorgeous and awesome. I agree with him joining KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know much of Final Fantasy (don't kill me), but his character looks gorgeous and awesome. I agree with him joining KH3.

[video=youtube;SyeAD1NKnVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyeAD1NKnVw[/video]

Educate yourself! It is worth it!

(even if this game was bad, it is still fun to watch Vincent be a badass)

Edit: Actually...looking back the game wasn't THAT bad. It just wasn't what people were expecting.

Edit 2: After watching about 20 minutes of the video I can say that the game was still pretty bad...I almost let nostalgia taint me. But like damn the start and ending are so good. Also everything with Lucrecia. "I'm so sorry..." Also I really like Shelke.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Uhm, yes please?
His voice has always been music in my ears. He was the only reason I enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus.

sonickenshin

Awards
Surprised he didn't get in the series already. Honestly, he could have been Xigbar....or if he used his old man voice, he'd probably fit Xehanort. Hope he finds his way into the series eventually.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He really does deserve a role. I wouldn't even mind an original character but I think most people want to see him as Vincent.

(But I did want to note he was in W.I.T.C.H. which has a great lore that would fit well into Kingdom Hearts 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Man, that audience cheer when he said the words "Kingdom Hearts" XD

Goes to show that as rare as it can feel to be a Kingdom Hearts fan, we are actually everywhere 0_0
Either that or just really loud. Maybe a little of both, haha.

With Cloud's outfit in KH1 though, I think having Vincent in KH would be kind of redundant. But hey, an original character would be great. That is interesting though that for as many video games he's voiced for, Kingdom Hearts isn't one of them.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
He really does deserve a role. I wouldn't even mind an original character but I think most people want to see him as Vincent.

(But I did want to note he was in W.I.T.C.H. which has a great lore that would fit well into Kingdom Hearts 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D)

And I still need to watch that. Have the opening memorize.

If he can't be Vincent, s original character or a unvoiced FF character. There's should be many from 8 and 9 that don't have a Jap or Eng voice

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Man, that audience cheer when he said the words "Kingdom Hearts" XD

Goes to show that as rare as it can feel to be a Kingdom Hearts fan, we are actually everywhere 0_0
Either that or just really loud. Maybe a little of both, haha.

With Cloud's outfit in KH1 though, I think having Vincent in KH would be kind of redundant. But hey, an original character would be great. That is interesting though that for as many video games he's voiced for, Kingdom Hearts isn't one of them.

Oh man nooooo there are SO MANY Kingdom Hearts fans. At the D23 panel for A Goofy Movie's anniversary, the cheers when Bill Farmer said "Kingdom Hearts" were roaring and massively loud from the whole room.

Vincent doesn't need to be in his original outfit. Wouldn't be the first time Nomura's redesigned a character's outfit for Kingdom Hearts. Not to mention he has his Turk uniform.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh man nooooo there are SO MANY Kingdom Hearts fans. At the D23 panel for A Goofy Movie's anniversary, the cheers when Bill Farmer said "Kingdom Hearts" were roaring and massively loud from the whole room.

Vincent doesn't need to be in his original outfit. Wouldn't be the first time Nomura's redesigned a character's outfit for Kingdom Hearts. Not to mention he has his Turk uniform.

What does that look like compare to his more notable outfit?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Forget the 13 Xehanorts, the identity of the Master, What the next saga will be about, or how long has Nomura been neglecting his medication, that the man who holds the world record for most voice over performances somehow hasn't crossed paths with a series that utterly piles on VAs in every installment is the true great mystery of KH!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What does that look like compare to his more notable outfit?

Like a Turk suit?

latest

Forget the 13 Xehanorts, the identity of the Master, What the next saga will be about, or how long has Nomura been neglecting his medication, that the man who holds the world record for most voice over performances somehow hasn't crossed paths with a series that utterly piles on VAs in every installment is the true great mystery of KH!

The world may never know why he hasn't been in it yet. 7 games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back