• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► August 19th - Kingdom Hearts Unchained X English Update

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Today's update of the English version of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ (August 19th 2016) brings some residences of the 100 Acre Woods to your Keyblade decks, as well as the illustrated Terra medal that has a chance of getting a special boost in the pull!

You can also try your best at the high score challenge to win some rare skills. The notices from Unchained X are as follows:

"You have to be strong. Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials." - Terra 

● New Epic Medals!

We have exciting new buff/debuff Medals that will wake you up from your slumber! 
Illustrated Terra is an extremely powerful Epic Medal that attacks all the targets and raises your magic-based strength by 2 tiers for 1 turn! 
Not only that, there’s a small chance of getting an even rarer version that has 1,000 more base strength than the standard Illustrated Terra! 

* The rare version of the Illustrated Terra Medal has the boosted strength stat highlighted in yellow, instead of the standard white text. 

* The rare version of the Illustrated Terra Medal can have its Special Attack Bonus strengthened by using the standard version of the Medal as well.

We also have Winnie the Pooh and Piglet, who can raise your strength by 2 tiers for 1 turn! 
Last but not least, the powerful Owl Medal can lower the defense of all targets by 1 tier for 1 turn!

The Illustrated Terra and the 6★ versions of Winnie the PoohPiglet, and Owl will grant you extra points when they are used in the High Score Challenge event! Refer to the High Score Challenge notification for more details.

See below for a list of Epic Medals that have been introduced!

■ New Epic Medal Details
Rarity Medal
Max Special Attack Bonus
Reversed / Upright
Attribute
Special Attack Target
Gauge Cost
SUPER RARE
Illustrated Terra 4
Upright
M
Deals 13 extremely powerful hits. Raises Magic-based strength by 2 tiers for 1 turn.
All 2
RARE
Winnie the Pooh 3
Upright
P
Raises strength by 2 tiers for 1 turn.
Single 3
RARE
Piglet 3
Upright
M
Raises strength by 2 tiers for 1 turn.
Single 3
RARE
Owl 3
Upright
S
Lowers defense of all targets by 1 tier for 1 turn.
All 4

img

● Epic Medal Carnival!

■Campaign Period: 
Aug. 19, 2016 12:00 a.m. to Aug. 25, 2016 11:59 p.m. (PT)
Aug. 19, 2016 7:00 to Aug. 26, 2016 6:59 (UTC)

Here are all of the current Epic Medals, of which at least 1 is guaranteed in the pack!

Illustrated Terra
Illustrated Sora
Illustrated Riku
SP Roxas
SP Axel
SP Xion
Illustrated Cloud
Sora & Donald & Goofy
Pooh & Piglet
Sephiroth
Illustrated Sora & Pals
Winnie the Pooh
Piglet
Owl
Timeless River Sora
Timeless River Donald
Timeless River Goofy
Cinderella
Megara
Jasmine
KH Kairi
Musketeer Goofy
Musketeer Mickey
Musketeer Donald
Xaldin
Saïx
Xigbar
Demyx
Luxord
Lexaeus
Marluxia
Larxene
Vexen
Zexion
Cerberus
Pain & Panic
Hades
Alice
KH CoM Naminé
Pinocchio
Black Coat King Mickey
Zack
Aladdin
KH II Kairi
KH CoM Black Coat Riku
Final Form Sora 

● More Ways to Get Super Rare Epic Medals!

Great news to those of you looking for other ways to get super rare Epic Medals! With a maximum Special Attack Bonus of 4, Epic Medals such as Illustrated Terra can now be obtained through Daily Deals and Small Deals in addition to the 10 Medal Deals!

● Guaranteed Super Rare Epic Medals!

Is lady luck giving you a hard time with super rare Epic Medals? We are here to help!

If you purchase a 10-Medal Deal 9 times and don’t get a Illustrated Terra Medal, we will guarantee a Illustrated Terra Medal in your 10th purchased 10-Medal Deal!

Please note that only purchases made during this campaign period will be counted. Also note that this only applies to 10-Medal Deals and not to Daily Deals and Small Deals.

■Event Period: 
Aug. 19, 2016 12:00 a.m. to Aug. 25, 2016 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Aug. 19, 2016 7:00 to Aug. 26, 2016 6:59 (UTC)

We are back with a new High Score Challenge
This week's prizes will be comprised of the rare Second ChanceAttack Boost II Max, as well as Attack Boost I andAttack Boost II
The Second Chance leaves 1 HP when hit with a fatal blow!

■3 Tips to Maximize Scores!
 ●Use Medals with high Special Attack damage multipliers! 
 ●Plan your route by focusing on enemies you can defeat! 
 ●Equip Score Bonus Medals!

※Please note that using Skip Tickets will not give you a score.

See below for the full rewards lists!

▼High Score Challenge Ranking Rewards
Rank Reward
1~200 Second Chance x 3 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II Max x 3 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II × 3 
(on 5★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost I × 3 
(on 3★ Scrooge) 
6★ Magic Mirror x 5 
6★ Chip x 3 
6★ Dale x 3
201~1,000 Second Chance x 2 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II Max x 2 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II × 2 
(on 5★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost I × 2 
(on 3★ Scrooge) 
6★ Magic Mirror x 4 
6★ Chip x 2 
6★ Dale x 2
1,001~2,000 Second Chance x 1 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II Max x 1 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II × 1 
(on 5★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost I × 1 
(on 3★ Scrooge) 
6★ Magic Mirror x 3 
6★ Chip x 1 
6★ Dale x 1
2,001~5,000 Second Chance x 1 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II Max x 1 
(on 6★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost II × 1 
(on 5★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost I × 1 
(on 3★ Scrooge) 
6★ Magic Mirror x 2 
6★ Chip x 1 
6★ Dale x 1
5,001~10,000 Attack Boost II × 1 
(on 5★ Scrooge) 
Attack Boost I × 1 
(on 3★ Scrooge) 
6★ Magic Mirror x 2 
6★ Chip x 1 
6★ Dale x 1
10,001~20,000 Attack Boost I × 1 
(on 3★ Scrooge) 
6★ Magic Mirror x 2 
6★ Chip x 1 
6★ Dale x 1
20,001~40,000 6★ Magic Mirror x 2 
5★ Chip x 1 
5★ Dale x 1
40,001~100,000 6★ Magic Mirror x 1

▼High Score Challenge Rewards
High Score Reward
10,000 6★ Huey x 1
30,000 6★ Louie x 1
50,000 6★ Dewey x 1
80,000 6★ Huey & Dewey & Louie x 1
90,000 Attack Boost I × 1 
(on 3★ Scrooge)
100,000 6★ Magic Mirror x 1
110,000 6★ Moogle x 2
120,000 6★ Cid x 1
130,000 6★ Magic Mirror x 1
150,000 5★ Chip x 3
175,000 Attack Boost I × 1 
(on 3★ Scrooge)
200,000 5★ Dale x 3
225,000 6★ Huey & Dewey & Louie x 2
250,000 Attack Boost I × 1 
(on 3★ Scrooge)
275,000 6★ Dale x 1
300,000 Attack Boost II × 1 
(on 5★ Scrooge)
325,000 6★ Chip x 1
350,000 6★ Magic Mirror x 1
400,000 6★ Moogle x 3
450,000 Attack Boost II × 1 
(on 5★ Scrooge)
500,000 6★ Huey & Dewey & Louie x 3
550,000 6★ Magic Mirror x 1
600,000 Attack Boost II Max × 1 
(on 6★ Scrooge)
650,000 6★ Magic Mirror x 2

■ Event Details
・The goal of the High Score Challenge is to earn the highest score you can! 
・Your score increases by battling and defeating enemies, and your score will be finalized after defeating the stage's target enemy. 
・If you fall in battle you will not be able to continue, and you will not receive a score. 
・You will earn a higher score by defeating stronger, high-level enemies. 
・The greater the amount of damage you do to enemies, the higher your score will be.

▼You can also equip Score Bonus Medals to your Keyblade for a score multiplier! 
img

Thank you for playing KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Also, would these sort of articles / threads be something you all would like each week so you can discuss what's new or would you prefer to keep that in the walkthrough thread?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
So are they saying that only Terra Illust. can get a Status Bonus?

Am I gonna have to add this to the list of grievances?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
So are they saying that only Terra Illust. can get a Status Bonus?

Am I gonna have to add this to the list of grievances?
You can, because the stats bonus was only invented to annoy everyone and with a +1000 extra attack bonus it's pretty significant.

Awards
Also, would these sort of articles / threads be something you all would like each week so you can discuss what's new or would you prefer to keep that in the walkthrough thread?

Personally, I quite enjoy these articles. I frequent the front page more than the forums.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I like the update articles. Gives us a place to discuss the International Version Updates, since the walkthrough thread also encompasses the JP version, which not as many people have by default.

Speaking of the update, the new Event Quest seems to bea CYOA format. Pick your path and give it your all. Next to last room is nuts. 3 Lv150s in one fight and a freaking Lv230. 230! I thought 200s were scary. Did every fight except those two, may have see if I can go at the power route and bash the Bandits for a higher score.

saphexteni

I like these updates! It's a good place to just read up on the Eng updates as well as see what people think and discuss them.

And it's about time they made the Second Chance ability! :D Been waiting for that one!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Little annoyed that Pebble Brain is the only Medal that can get a bonus.

I like the updates this way.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Think the separate threads are a good idea as well. That pinned walkthrough thread is huge and this might be more conducive to more focused discussion.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
This event is really annoying me, because I keep accidentally going into the next room and then being unable to go back.

The worst time was when I was fighting a Blue Rhapsody in one area, and the moment I was done with it it spit me out somewhere else and I hadn't even moved my character!

Ugh.

Bank

I too, will always enjoy these update articles in the front page! :cool:

Akasha

the city near the mountain with the faces on it
I enjoy update threads too- it's a great way to get everyone talking about an update! And oh, am I salty about this update.

The moment I saw the event I got excited because I heard we were going to start getting BBS medals! Then I saw that little middle finger hidden in the update text: you're not guaranteed one of the new medals. Yes, advertise the sweet new loot but give no promises of obtaining said sweet loot out of the now-40-some medals total. I'm seriously conflicted on doing a draw or not because on one hand I'll get more powerful charms to bum around my party for the high score challenge, but on the other I might not get useful medals and it'll be another 3000 gems down the drain.

This high score challenge though. I actually buffed up two of my 5-stars just to get a better score and then realized I could only use one of em because of the massive cost (the reason they were still 5-stars prior to the event). Would it be better to remove one of my current medals so I can fit another bonus medal on my keyblade?

Ultima Spark

I enjoy update threads too- it's a great way to get everyone talking about an update! And oh, am I salty about this update.

The moment I saw the event I got excited because I heard we were going to start getting BBS medals! Then I saw that little middle finger hidden in the update text: you're not guaranteed one of the new medals. Yes, advertise the sweet new loot but give no promises of obtaining said sweet loot out of the now-40-some medals total. I'm seriously conflicted on doing a draw or not because on one hand I'll get more powerful charms to bum around my party for the high score challenge, but on the other I might not get useful medals and it'll be another 3000 gems down the drain.

This high score challenge though. I actually buffed up two of my 5-stars just to get a better score and then realized I could only use one of em because of the massive cost (the reason they were still 5-stars prior to the event). Would it be better to remove one of my current medals so I can fit another bonus medal on my keyblade?

Pretty sure you are guaranteed one of those new medals, I pulled twice and got Pooh in the first, Piglet in the second.

LingeringVanitas

Pretty sure you are guaranteed one of those new medals, I pulled twice and got Pooh in the first, Piglet in the second.
Nope. Not guaranteed any of them. I saw several people do the draw and most people have gotten old medals and quest medals like Olette etc. Only a tiny rare few have gotten Pooh or Terra. I'm not even doing the draw anymore. I have to save up til October to get my jewels back from doing it 2 months ago. And even then I may not draw ever again because they won't give us the Jewel quest. As a FTP player I don't see the point of ever drawing again. Though I am glad they finally brought those medals over.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
tumblr_oc9mcmJ7eI1ugvzu5o1_1280.png

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Well, we got another update, sorta. The Jungle Book event has supposedly arrived, but it's not in the Event Quest section last I checked. I guess the whole 30 minutes thing means we can't even see it until it pops up. Also the Summer 0 AP Event has been extended and they added a 6* Chip and Dale VIP Quest to the roster for the week. Rather surprised they added the JB so quickly, isn't it still out in JP, or only just finished its run? Wonder if the medal stats are worth it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Awesome, thanks for letting us know. I'll go make a new thread on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back