• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Project: Disneyland of Departure's Halloween Gathering 2015 in Anaheim

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Churro

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

Greetings Kingdom Hearts fans! My name is Churro. You may recognize me as the former news writer for Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, as well as the podcast co-host for Kingdom Hearts Union. However, what you may not know is that I'm also heavily involved in various community projects outside of any fansite, which I will be reporting to you as a guest writer on Kingdom Hearts Insider. For my first article, I’m excited to tell you about this wonderful project called Disneyland of Departure.

The initial idea came from the group Magic Kingdom Hearts who did the first publicly known Kingdom Hearts gathering at Disney World in Florida on October 2013 during the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Event. The goal in mind was to bring Kingdom Hearts awareness at the Disney parks in which Disney at the time had very little to do with the franchise save for a few pins and a small Kingdom Hearts event years ago. The gathering drew over 120 fans and within two months, Disneyland of Departure was created for those closer to the Disneyland parks in Anaheim, California.

Disneyland of Departure had its first gathering on October 3, 2014 during Mickey’s Halloween Party and had over 25 wonderful people to share and experience this magical day. Now that October is fast approaching it’s time for any Kingdom Hearts fans to get involved! 

We have officially decided that Friday, October 9, 2015 will be the date of our second Disneyland of Departure gathering so make sure to add it to your calendars! Tickets have gone on sale (since July 22) for those who have annual passes and the general public is available now!

What makes Mickey’s Halloween Party so special? It’s one of the only events that allows adults to dress up in costume and that even includes Kingdom Hearts characters! If you’re a huge cosplayer or want to cosplay for the sake of meeting other Kingdom Hearts fans then this is a chance to do it! Not a big fan of cosplay? Then represent Kingdom Hearts by wearing your favorite shirt or accessory and have some fun! For more information on Mickey’s Halloween Party, you can find it here.

Besides bringing Kingdom Hearts awareness, the other goal is for fans to meet other fans to form connections with each other just like the series has shown us! During the meetup, we will have events and activities and winning could get you some awesome prizes!  We will also have lots of photo opportunities all around Downtown Disney and inside Disneyland so keep your phones and cameras charged at all times!

Sound like your cup of tea? Then great! Head to the link below and you can purchase your ticket for October 9, 2015! Better hurry because tickets sell out fast!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-halloween-party/purchase/

Note: Please be aware that this ticket is needed to access the park from 6pm to 11pm on the day of the event. A normal ticket/annual pass wouldn’t allow you access.

For more information on Disneyland of Departure you can follow us on: 

[Facebook][Twitter] [Instagram] [Tumblr] [Main Site]

Hope to see you there!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Re: Project: Disneyland of Departure's Halloween Gathering 2015 in Anaheim

I remember you, Churro! I never had an account on Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, but I always lurked on there even as I was lurking on this site.

Anyways, this is an awesome event to go to. Assuming I can scrounge up the cash, I hope to be there!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Cosplay isn't my cup of tea, but it's great to know stuff like this is going on. The more awareness, the better.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Cosplay isn't my cup of tea, but it's great to know stuff like this is going on. The more awareness, the better.

Cosplay is an option, not a requirement :)

It just so happens that most of the attendees would rather take advantage of the one day Disneyland allows adult guests to dress up.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

AW Churro this is great, would have loved to meet another former KHU staffer and everyone from KHI, I'm moving soon though. BUT everyone should have fun!

Jack-Pumpkinhead

Awards

You're telling me there was a huge gathering of KH fans at WDW last year while I was down there for my niece's birthday ... AND I DIDN"T KNOW?!?! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! If only I could go this year. T_T ...

CyborgHD13

Awards

Great article Churro! Also I might attend, but not sure. Who knows, I could dress up myself. :)

OneSkyPrincess

I definitely want to go! Any opportunity to wear Kairi to Disneyland and I am in. I hope I'll be seeing you there!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

My family has hinted that we might be going to the Disneyworld in Florida in the future. Shame that this event seems to b elsewhere, but to anyone who's going, be sure to tell us all about it!

namine_ftw

That sounds like a really cool event! I won't be able to attend but I hope everyone who goes has a great time! Spreading KH awareness sounds like a great idea; the fact that Disney has no KH merchandise at all in the parks is really surprising. I think the only time I ever saw any KH merchandise was at the Japanese Pavillion in EPCOT. They had some Final Fantasy action figures, and I saw they had one of Kairi as well. But that was only one year and the next time I went back they didn't have them anymore. I wonder why the merchandise is so scarce.

Churro

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

I remember you, Churro! I never had an account on Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, but I always lurked on there even as I was lurking on this site.

Anyways, this is an awesome event to go to. Assuming I can scrounge up the cash, I hope to be there!

Aww thank you! I hope you can make it! Last year was great, so I hope this year is awesome!

AW Churro this is great, would have loved to meet another former KHU staffer and everyone from KHI, I'm moving soon though. BUT everyone should have fun!

Yesss that would be so awesome ;A; Awww, thank you! Good luck with your move!

I definitely want to go! Any opportunity to wear Kairi to Disneyland and I am in. I hope I'll be seeing you there!

Yay! I hope to see you there! Message me if you have any questions about the event!

My family has hinted that we might be going to the Disneyworld in Florida in the future. Shame that this event seems to b elsewhere, but to anyone who's going, be sure to tell us all about it!

Disneyland of Departure is the sister event of Re: Magic Kingdom Hearts which is the Florida based version of the same event. Unfortunately they aren't having a gathering this year. PDoD will always be the California event.

That sounds like a really cool event! I won't be able to attend but I hope everyone who goes has a great time! Spreading KH awareness sounds like a great idea; the fact that Disney has no KH merchandise at all in the parks is really surprising. I think the only time I ever saw any KH merchandise was at the Japanese Pavillion in EPCOT. They had some Final Fantasy action figures, and I saw they had one of Kairi as well. But that was only one year and the next time I went back they didn't have them anymore. I wonder why the merchandise is so scarce.

I know what you're talking about! I went to Epcot two years ago while visiting Disney World and saw some KH figures they had there and I wanted them xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back