• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shimomura's memória album to feature "Vector to the Heavens" from 358/2 Days!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yoko Shimomura's 25th anniversary album, memória!, will be out next month to celebrate all of her beautiful & timeless compositions for games produced by Square Enix. The official music page for memória! updated today, giving fans a preview of the orchestrated version of "Vector to the Heavens", one of Shimomura's most memorable tracks from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. You can listen to the preview below:

Along with "Vector to the Heavens", the 25th anniversary album will include songs from Super Mario RPG, Live A Live, the Mana series, and more. Here is the list of songs announced so far:

• "Vector to the Heavens" - Kingdom Hearts
  • "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" - Super Mario RPG: Legend of Seven Stars
  • "Song of MANA - Orchestral Version" - Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana
  • "Ring of Revolving Fate" - Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana
  • "Elegie" - Front Mission
  • "MEGALOMANIA" - Live A Live

The website also updated with the cover of memória!, which can be viewed below:

memória! will release March 26th 2014 for 3150 Yen ($30 USD) and you can pre-order the album right now from the Square Enix eStoreAmazon Japan, and the Sony Music Shop. Amazon Japan ships internationally.

For all of the latest news on the music of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, and Kingdom Hearts 3, make sure to follow us on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+!

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: Shimomura's memória album to feature "Vector to the Heavens" from Kingdom Hearts 358/

Beware the Forest Mushrooms is in here? XD Awesome! That Vector to the Heavens sounds beautiful though.

Bobjam

Awards
Re: Shimomura's memória album to feature "Vector to the Heavens" from Kingdom Hearts 358/

That sample *_* beautiful stuff. Just cannot wait until the full tracklist is released. Really makes me look forward to the future with Yoko's scores for XV and KHIII. She is genius.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Shimomura's memória album to feature "Vector to the Heavens" from 358/2 Days!

Doesn't this sound kind of like the music from Versus XIII's 2011 trailer? xD (this is the Heroes of Mana song on this album)

WastedPenguin

Awards
Re: Shimomura's memória album to feature "Vector to the Heavens" from 358/2 Days!

Eargasm! Yoko's music is the last piece of perfection that makes Kingdom Hearts so awesome and unique. Want more, now!

Doesn't this sound kind of like the music from Versus XIII's 2011 trailer? xD (this is the Heroes of Mana song on this album)

For me it sounds more like a KH Re: CoM theme but yeah, the piano tune sounds a bit like the song in the Versus XIII Trailer from 2011

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It really does, yeah. Then again, it just sounds like if all the classic Shimomura tunes were meshed into one song xD

limit

ohyes.jpg

Not sure that I'll actually buy, but Vector to the Heavens sounds godly. Now to play those other games...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

For me it sounds more like a KH Re: CoM theme but yeah, the piano tune sounds a bit like the song in the Versus XIII Trailer from 2011

Yeah, like "Lord of the Castle" and other various Marluxia songs xD

At times it also reminds me of the transition to the slower half of "Darkness of the Unknown" at 2:25

It really does, yeah. Then again, it just sounds like if all the classic Shimomura tunes were meshed into one song xD

Yeah. I love that she has a recognizable style xD Some composers don't have this same level of cohesion

ohyes.jpg

Not sure that I'll actually buy, but Vector to the Heavens sounds godly. Now to play those other games...

Good luck if you find Live A Live!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

OH. MY. GOSH. My wish has come true! Vector to the Heavens is actually included in the collection!

That preview is... so surreal. I'm completely in awe and can't wait to hear the full song that's sure to take us to euphoria and beyond.

At times it also reminds me of the transition to the slower half of "Darkness of the Unknown" at 2:25

Yeah, that leitmotif is sort of a fingerprint of the Organization's theme. It's in almost every piece that relates to the Organization. XD

Sinker

Awards

I might buy memória just for this. Vector to the Heavens has always been one of my favorite songs in the KH series and now I love it even more! Shimomura has and always will be one of my favorite composers.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Crying from the preview~ joj

Xion's theme and that battle track in general - worthy sources to be chosen for sure! Still holding out for a PE track, and of coarse more KH!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

This is so beautiful; Yoko is a goddess.

Javelin434

Awards

God Vector to the Heavens sounds so... To describe it with words would be doing that preview a great injustice.
Excuse me while I got cry in a corner somewhere...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

You'd think that out of all of the KH songs, she'd do Dearly Beloved. But that has been done to death anyway, and since Vector is one of my favorite songs from Days, this is a pleasant surprise.

i'm still waiting for an orchestrated version of Musique pour la tristesse de Xion though

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You'd think that out of all of the KH songs, she'd do Dearly Beloved. But that has been done to death anyway, and since Vector is one of my favorite songs from Days, this is a pleasant surprise.

i'm still waiting for an orchestrated version of Musique pour la tristesse de Xion though

There will probably two or three more KH tracks announced so we'll see. Drammatica had four KH tracks.

I still like how "Musique porla tristesse de Xion" was handled on the Piano Collection. It mixed "Vector to the Heavens" and "Dearly Beloved" in and made it feel like a complete suite. I'd love to see an orchestral version do something similar.

Dearly Beloved needs a compilation version. One that can mix all of the Dearly Beloved together in one beautiful way.

Sinker

Awards

I still like how "Musique porla tristesse de Xion" was handled on the Piano Collection. It mixed "Vector to the Heavens" and "Dearly Beloved" in and made it feel like a complete suite. I'd love to see an orchestral version do something similar.

Dearly Beloved is actually in "Vector to the Heavens" :) The original "Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" also contained of the main recurring melody of "Vector to the Heavens" in it. Skip to 1:25

EDIT: Can someone tell me how video embedding works on here? I've never known/needed to.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Dearly Beloved is actually in "Vector to the Heavens" :) The original "Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" also contained of the main recurring melody of "Vector to the Heavens" in it.

EDIT: Can someone tell me how the video embedding works on here? I've never known/needed to.

Yes, I know this. This is why I said it works well as a full suite because they are able to combine all of those songs together. xD

Also when putting a video on the forum, you only need the url. HTML doesn't work on here.

Sinker

Awards

Yes, I know this. This is why I said it works well as a full suite because they are able to combine all of those songs together. xD

Also when putting a video on the forum, you only need the url. HTML doesn't work on here.

Oops, looks like I misunderstood and that would work well. Maybe they'll surprise us and make this version of "Vector to the Heavens" include more/bring out the parts of "Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" and "Dearly Beloved."

Thanks for the info and fixing the video :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back