• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix has no plans to release CD/DVD recording of KINGDOM HEARTS First Breath

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KINGDOM HEARTS Concert -First Breath- brought many attendees to tears as the brass concert traveled across Japan this August, and many fans who were unable to attend have voiced a desire to watch or hear a recording of the show. Square Enix Music has put the idea to rest by revealing on their Twitter that there are no plans to release a CD or DVD recording of KINGDOM HEARTS Concert -First Breath-.

Thank you for coming. For this concert, people were not allowed to come in with a camera or microphone. Footage or a CD has not been planned…

1:33 AM - 29 Aug 2016 - @sem_sep

Despite there being no plans to release a CD or DVD recording for KINGDOM HEARTS Concert -First Breath-, Square Enix Music informed fans to wait for a recording of the orchestra tour which begins next year. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts! Visit our forums and discuss all of the latest news!

Sorakh212

Awards
It's unfortunate for those like myself that aren't able to attend, but I completely understand whey they forbid recordings and cameras at these type of events. It makes for a much more special, unique, and memorable experience being able to see it live and in person. I even found out recently that comedians like Dave Chapelle even forbid phones of any kind during his standup when he goes on tours and he goes all out. I bet it's for similar reasons. It's just not the same though watching a video or recording of it. Hell even CDs don't quite do it justice really. Ahh well hopefully some day I'll be able to see this amazing event.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
IF IT BRINGS ME TO MY KNEEEEEEEEES

its a bad religion

Bank

T-T-T-TRIGGERED.
Nah that's all good.

IF IT BRINGS ME TO MY KNEEEEEEEEES

its a bad religion

Fcking ayye m8. Great lyric choice. Franky O'mygod

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Send Square Enix Frank Ocean lyrics to make them release a First Breath album

oh do you not think so far ahead

(no don't I'm joking just ask them nicely to show there is demand for an all-brass/winds album)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can we do a petition for a CD/Digital Release? maybe that could make some noise of some capacity?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Speaking of noise, is there any information about the next KH novel? It's been a while since the CoM novel was translated and I've yet to see anything regarding KH II or Days.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Speaking of noise, is there any information about the next KH novel? It's been a while since the CoM novel was translated and I've yet to see anything regarding KH II or Days.
Nope... :c

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nope... :c

Aww...bummers.
They are really good so far.

To get back to the topic, I know that for the novels we had to nag Yen Press, but if people wanted to nag for a CD/DVD of the concerts who would be the one to address
(I seriously doubt that an online petition would help, they rarely do.)

Jochira

Awards
even though this made me a bit disappointed, I actually can see a good reason behind this, which makes me understand the decision... certain things will lose it's value and leave less of an impact if there's a recording or footage for it, making it best to experince live owo

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
even though this made me a bit disappointed, I actually can see a good reason behind this, which makes me understand the decision... certain things will lose it's value and leave less of an impact if there's a recording or footage for it, making it best to experince live owo

It's such an artificially created value. Releasing a recording doesn't undervalue the unique and special experience attendees got. In my opinion releasing a CD is more about giving people a chance to hear some absolutely gorgeous music that they could have never had the chance to hear and documentation of the music's existence. So much work went into that tour. Why would they not want to share a fragment of that work with others?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aww...bummers.
They are really good so far.

To get back to the topic, I know that for the novels we had to nag Yen Press, but if people wanted to nag for a CD/DVD of the concerts who would be the one to address
(I seriously doubt that an online petition would help, they rarely do.)

Tweet @sem_sep to show a demand. I believe a bunch of fans once tweeted a storm to them about a Kingdom Hearts album that they said had no plans to be released in NA then eventually NA sold it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
tumblr_m60a0hgGCD1qkzuw9.gif

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
Bummer... What about recordings of the World Tour instend i don't think it could happen but still.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not surprised since it was only a concert. Concerts are usually not recorded.

That is really not true at all. A lot of concerts are recorded, especially orchestra concerts typically for the purposes of promotion or selling merchandise. If not for merchandising/promotion, then for archival purposes.

How do you think a lot of concerts from mid-to-big named people get tour album/DVD releases at the end of a tour? Square Enix certainly releases plenty of those like with Distant Worlds.

Bummer... What about recordings of the World Tour instend i don't think it could happen but still.

It is stated in the article that they have plans to release something for the World Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back