• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Two New Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots Released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix keeps on delivering after this crazy week with two new Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots. While we have seen the new Keyblade transformation in the E3 trailer, this time we can see it being used in Twilight Town. Similarly the Tea Cup Attraction Flow screen is taken from a new angle, and lets us get a good look at the details we were previously unable to see due to the fast motion in the trailer.

Thanks to Heartkeeper for the tip!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That close-up of Sora is really awesome. You can see his individual eyelashes and everything. Another thing is that I think it has also proven to me that they're still not super close to finishing the models' details. Just take a look at Sora's crown necklace and the little gold buttons on his clothes. Very flat, blocky looking color lacking detail. You can tell it's still unfinished. I bet once they sharpen up the models and add the finer details and textures, they'll look amazing. Sora's face already looks a little better than it did in the trailer.

I also notice Sora's hair looks pretty much the same as it always has, which confirms the whole "optical illusion" that someone pointed out to me in another thread of that new Sora render where it looked like his hair spikes on the sides were at a diagonal angle. It's just the rest of his spikes being de-volumized that creates that look. Which is great, and it looks great in the shot as well.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
We can just GET new screenshots? That can happen? My butthole clenched right up upon seeing this article.

That Sora image is great. What the hell is Donald doing?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I really don't like soras crown jewelry, it looks way to white and plastic rather then silver and metal like in KHII (don't remember the other games), I hope they fix that

I really love Donald in that tea cup though :)

anniinan

I can't wait for the pictures with texturized clothing.

But i miss Sora's longer and spikier hair, why is it so short :(

Heartkeeper

Awards
Thanks for giving me credit. I'm not sure if I like Sora's face, hair and hair colour, I hope everything is a placeholder.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Sora: Hyyaah! Donald: Weeee! Goofy: *rurlph!*

Nooo, the fish-face returns. I know they're still not finished with the models but Sora is just so off-putting here. Especially the necklace.
What we see of Twilight Town though looks amazing.

Unumus

Awards
I really don't like Sora's hair(color) either. It looks kind of like dreads and some sort of failed ombré thing is going on there. Do they even have an excuse for fish-face anymore?

That plaid on Sora's collar is certainly..... a look.

Could the focus bar be linked to the keyblade transformations? May just be a place holder though. BbS' early trailers didn't even have a focus bar. Also does anyone else think that the black space to the right of Donald and Goofy's HP bars are intentional? Maybe we'll be able to have up to four extra party members?

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Oh my jesus, people, it's not 'fish-face'. Fish-face entails that it's a blank, TEXTURED as in 2D image laid over his face, which is not happening here, and WILL NOT happen in KH3 as the art-style is changed. He just is using a default 'battle' expression. Shit, none of you complained that Sora's face wasn't fully animated during gameplay in any other game.

Anagram

Banned
Oh my jesus, people, it's not 'fish-face'. Fish-face entails that it's a blank, TEXTURED as in 2D image laid over his face, which is not happening here, and WILL NOT happen in KH3 as the art-style is changed. He just is using a default 'battle' expression. Shit, none of you complained that Sora's face wasn't fully animated during gameplay in any other game.

They always have to complain about something. SE: Okay lets finally fix the face so they'll shut up *E3* Fans: His hair looks stupid! Other Fans: It looks fine! SE: Thats it we no longer care. *flips table*

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I actually thought Sora looks better here than he ever has. This close up screenshot just makes him look bombing. It's wonderful. Plus, I feel like you can tell this Sora (with no Kingdom Shader) looks a tad different than, say, Tangled!Sora (aka that world's Shader of Sora). Not a lot different, but still different enough.

What the hell is Donald doing?

His best.

Precursor Mar

I still need to get used to the new next-gen graphics. It might just be me, but Sora's face looks really different, even compared to his CGI model. I'd like to see some footage of him talking to see how it looks. Still looks better than Young Eraqus's baby face.

I actually thought Sora looks better here than he ever has. This close up screenshot just makes him look bombing. It's wonderful. Plus, I feel like you can tell this Sora (with no Kingdom Shader) looks a tad different than, say, Tangled!Sora (aka that world's Shader of Sora). Not a lot different, but still different enough.

Was the Kingdom Shader even used in the E3 trailer? I didn't see any differences in art-style between the 3 different worlds.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Was the Kingdom Shader even used in the E3 trailer? I didn't see any differences in art-style between the 3 different worlds.

I don't believe it's been stated, but the close up on Twilight Town Sora, to me, looks different from the Tangled Sora we saw.

I don't really think we'll see a Kingdom Shader used in Olympus, however, since Sora's already been to said world in the past. But, maybe we will. Who knows since the only times we got close ups were in Tangled and now this screenshot from the trailer.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I agree. I see a faintly noticeable difference in this picture of Sora than his appearance in the Tangled world. However, I do believe Nomura did state that they haven't implemented any of the detail work or the shaders yet, so everything that we're pointing out for looking weird or off or flat, etc, is due to the development team not having done that stuff yet.

Bridgeman

I don't get it, what's fish face about this? I thought fish face was when Sora had really ugly low-res textured eyes in some KH1&2 cutscenes, and when his mouth moves up and down very awkwardly. I don't see anything like that here, his eyes look beautiful already and it's not even finished.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Oh my jesus, people, it's not 'fish-face'. Fish-face entails that it's a blank, TEXTURED as in 2D image laid over his face, which is not happening here, and WILL NOT happen in KH3 as the art-style is changed. He just is using a default 'battle' expression.
Fish-face may have been the wrong word ('cause I do think it looked fine in the trailer) but the screenshot they chose gives Sora a "duuuuuh" face or an unenthusiastic "hyaaaaaaa...."

Shit, none of you complained that Sora's face wasn't fully animated during gameplay in any other game.
When they did close-ups like that, yes I did complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back