• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rare Kingdom Hearts Figure to be Auctioned at D23 Expo Japan 2013!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Japan will be holding its very first D23 Expo in Japan on October 12th-14th to commemorate the 90th anniversary of the Walt Disney Company and the 30th anniversary of the Tokyo Disney Resort. During D23 Expo Japan 2013, there will be a Kingdom Hearts fan event featuring series director Tetsuya Nomura, executive producer Shinji Hashimoto, and various voice actors from the series as they discuss their experiences, production stories, and never-before known secrets about game's development! Nomura has also told fans to be excited for more information to be revealed about Kingdom Hearts III! 

Along with a plethora of events during D23 Expo Japan, there will be a special auction held throughout the event. A rare, one-of-a-kind Kingdom Hearts prototype figure of Sora used as a character modeling reference will be available for bidding at this special auction at D23 Expo Japan! The box for this Sora figure has been signed by series director and illustrator Tetsuya Nomura, making it a very valuable and coveted collector's item.

This special auction will be held though Yahoo! Auctions, and requires a Yahoo! JAPAN ID as well as a D23 Expo Japan 2013 ticket. All proceeds from this auction will go to charity.

Thanks to Zephy for the translations!

During the production of the first KINGDOM HEARTS, a figure was made as a character modeling reference. As a reference for modeling, there is no paint, but it is a valuable and rare item that has not been commercialized. The illustrator, Tetsuya Nomura, signed his signature on the box.

D23 Expo Japan is holding a special auction for limited participants. All 23 items will be displayed as auction items. Money from the highest bidder, Walt Disney will donate them to charity.

※ There may be a possibility that auction items may change.

Bidding Instructions:

1. You can participate in the Yahoo! Auctions from your computer, mobile phone, smartphone, or tablet.

2. To participate in the bidding, a serial code for D23 Japan Auction is required and it is free to sign up for Yahoo! JAPAN ID. We will enclose the serial code for participating in the auction by the time the ticket ships.

※ We will consider three points per person for successful bids.

※ You can’t participate in the Yahoo! Auctions if you’re under 18 years of age. If you’re under 18 years of age, have your parents register to Yahoo! Auctions and supervise you. Please let your parents or guardian sign up for Yahoo! JAPAN ID.

※ For more information on bidding, in mid September, we will refer you to the official website and there will be a guide enclosed with the ticket during the time of shipment.

Bidding Dates:

October 12th 8:00 (Sat)~October 15th 22:00 (Tue)

※ There is a possibility that bidding times may be extended.

Item Exhibition Times:

8:30〜21:30

※ D~F Ticket buyers will be able to have early entry 8:00 to 8:30

※ A~B Ticket buyers, it is 15:00~20:30 or 8:30~14:00.

Item Exhibition Location:

Tokyo DisneySea - Hotel MiraCosta banquet room "Amore"

Powered by Yahoo!

Yahoo! Auctions is a service that allows you to participate in auctions online. Under the motto, "Anytime, anywhere, it is exciting for everyone to use", the name of the service Yahoo! Auctions has been changed to ヤフオク “YafuOku”.

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

Exhibited Auctions Items:

- Check signed by Walt Disney

- Minnie’s Yoo-Hoo Sheet Music

- Mickey Mouse Props

- Stitch Relief

- KINGDOM HEARTS Sora Figure (Not for sale)

- Stitch and the Sand Planet Originals (Stitch & Angel)

- Fireball Charming Autographed Illustration (Gedachtnis)

D23 Expo Japan 2013 will be held at the Tokyo Disney Resort in the Maihama area, and tickets range from 2500 Yen to 12500 Yen ($27-$133 USD) Check out the official D23 Expo Japan website for more information on the event.

Follow us on TwitterFacebook, and Tumblr for all of the latest news on KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and KINGDOM HEARTS 3!

Source: Official Japanese Kingdom Hearts Twitter, D23 Japan 2013

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Whoever wins this is one lucky individual. Really nice how it'll be auctioned off for charity~

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Auctioned? D:

Well... I would probably need infinite moneys to compete for that. ._. So jealous of the future owner of that figure.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Estimated price anybody? Course, I wouldn't be buying it, but a girl can dream, can't she?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wow...now THAT is truly a collector's item ^_^ To those at D23...you are all very lucky. I could only wish to add something like that to my collection, but trust me when I say this, $100 (or 10,000 yen) is a steal on that so I'm betting it will reach $500 if not more :) Japan is a sucker for KH stuff so that is gonna go high.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's....it's....so glorious. 8'D Can bet the bidding to be very high on that awesome figure.

Vanitas_Booker

Yeah, being a fan of figures myself, I can tell you that the figure will probably sell for a whole bunch more than it's actually worth.... It looks great, but it also looks the same quality that the Play Arts figures are, so it's probably not worth more than $40-80. BUT, the fact that the box is signed, and the fact that people go crazy over these things and spend money that they probably shouldn't, the figure will sell for at least $400-600.

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, being a fan of figures myself, I can tell you that the figure will probably sell for a whole bunch more than it's actually worth.... It looks great, but it also looks the same quality that the Play Arts figures are, so it's probably not worth more than $40-80. BUT, the fact that the box is signed, and the fact that people go crazy over these things and spend money that they probably shouldn't, the figure will sell for at least $400-600.

I think this figure will be a bit more detailed than the average Play Arts considering this figure was used to determine his final in-game model so this figure will literally be as pefect as we will ever get to a perfect Sora replica figure.

However, adding in all the things you said, plus the fact that the money is going to charity, plus it being 1-of-a-kind, AND the fact that it's technically a decade-old piece of KH treasure, the price will no doubt be exorbitant. I actually wouldn't be shocked if it goes closer to $1000, the reason I think that is because even I would honestly consider dropping $600 on a piece like that and I know there are crazier people out there. It would really take some back and forth considerations, but figuring what a piece that is for a collection, I could possibly spend $500 or so on that. I mean, if you have a job and don't know what to spend it on, heck yeah <_<

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It is a prototype and the only one of its kind in existence created over a decade ago as a reference during development of the original title on the PS2. That little figurine is a very large piece of the series history all on its own, and provides much more reason for attendees to bid on it asides from just an autographed box and fandom hype.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
(I succeced in developing the conversation. I'm just going to leave quietly now....)

kupo1121

Awards
I just noticed that the OP was updated with info on how bidding works. I'm really confused lol

So basically you can bid online ONLY if you have a Yahoo account that is connected to a D23 ticket? Is that how they know where to ship it too? So basically as long as you can get a ticket to D23, you don't even have to attend to be able to bid since you can effectively just bid from your computer in another country?

Also, depending on what ticket level determines how long you can bid for? IDK, that seems kind of unfair. I know people paid for a more expensive ticket, but if they have more time to bid, that all but guarantees they'll win since they can put $1 higher and there is nothing the person with the lower ticket can do about it :( IDK...am I reading that right?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Whoever wins this is one lucky individual. Really nice how it'll be auctioned off for charity~
My thoughts exactly, though I'm bummed that yet another KH related event is being held far far away from me and my poor wallet. I'd go broke for a figure like that! And charity only motivates me more!

well, maybe not broke.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Why not stay and continue discussing the figurine, auction or event with us?
Why not indeed? Might as well.

Have to say, I'm looking forword to the expoitself. Who knows what type of information we'll get on KH3?

kupo1121

Awards
Another quick question (I have a lot lol). Where did you guys find the original information on the figure? Is there a larger photo of the figure somewhere? I really want to inspect it but the photo is too small I'm afraid to do so >_< If not, that's cool :)

kupo1121

Awards
Thanks Chaser. Oh well, I'm sure they'll have it on display for the bidders throughout the event and more photos will come from there. Is it sad that I'm honestly considering asking my friend who's going to D23 Japan to bid for me -__- I need to stop looking at this thread...BUT I CANNOT!!!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
My thoughts exactly, though I'm bummed that yet another KH related event is being held far far away from me and my poor wallet. I'd go broke for a figure like that! And charity only motivates me more!

well, maybe not broke.

We've known about this for months though xD

This is the first time that D23 Expo has ever taken place outside of Japan, but it's not specifically KH-related. It just so happens that they have incorporated a KH segment into the event. The usual one will be taking place in Anaheim in a few weeks, but it doesn't have much to do with games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back