• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► RUMOUR: Latin American Spanish Voice Actors from Big Hero 6 and Hercules Tease Voice Work on a Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

On March 7th 2018, the Latin American Spanish voice actor for Big Hero 6's Hiro Hamada, Memo Aponte, shared two video clips on Instagram which seem to confirm Baymax and Hiro's appearance in some sort of video game. Both he and the voice actor for Baymax, Alan Prieto, were teasing that they were recording for a video game. The exchange, which you can find below, was taken from the second video and has both of them excited to be recording for this mysterious video game.

Memo: "Its ready!"
Alan: "We were saying that we are making a huge fuss in a new game-"
Memo: "yes."
Alan: "- we can't tell you what it's about-"
Memo: "That's right."
Alan: "-but we hope that you'll hear soon"
Memo: "Exactly. THE FIST BUMP BAYMAX! THE FIST BUMP!"
Alan: "Balalalalala!"
Memo: " Alright!"
(Both laugh)
Memo: "So awesome!"

Despite the series having a Disney movie and television spin-off about super heroes, Big Hero 6 has not had many video games. In late 2014 a video game launched on Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS titled Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay. A mobile game titled Big Hero 6: Bot Fight launched in 2014 as well, but was discontinued in 2016. Hiro and Baymax were both included in Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes, which has also been discontinued.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the next video game property that is currently known to contain a world based on Big Hero 6. There are currently no other known games that contain both Hiro and Baymax, as popular mobile title Disney Magic Kingdoms has not included Big Hero 6 in their line up yet, and English voice work is used in the Spanish version of the game.

On March 25th 2018 Memo recorded a Facebook live with Tatiana, the Spanish voice for Megara from Hercules. In the video, she allegedly says that it has been a long time since she dubbed a character but right now she is working in a project that she cannot talk yet. This information is along the same line of information that both Memo and Alan said when they teased that they were voicing Hiro and Baymax for a video game.

In December 2017, we reported on a petition started by Disney Central who want Kingdom Hearts 3 to be dubbed in multiple languages. They wanted to approach Square Enix with a petition to highlight the amount of people who support the decision to dub the game into various languages, specifically German, French and Spanish dubs. If Memo Aponte and Alan Prieto are in fact recording for Kingdom Hearts 3 then it would confirm that the game will launch with various dubs.

The Instagram and Facebook videos do not confirm that they are working on Kingdom Hearts 3, nor that the game is confirmed to have dubs outside of English and Japanese. Both Memo and Alan are teasing that they are recording for Hiro and Baymax in a video game, with Tatiana saying she hasn't dubbed a character in a long time. There may be a video game in development that is completely unrelated to Kingdom Hearts 3 with these individuals recording voices for the characters so it could all be circumstancial. Please take this information with a grain of salt.

KINGDOM HEARTS III will be available across the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X, and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment in 2018. Disney worlds based on Tangled, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Big Hero 6 are confirmed to be in the game. Sora will team up with various individuals in each world to stop the ongoing threat of the Darkness while also trying to stop the incoming threat from Xehanort. 

A big thanks to RJ Chávez for the information and Lily Valenzuela for the translations.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Full disclosure: This has been prepped since early March, however it is really hard to tie the narrative between two Big Hero 6 voice actors together with Kingdom Hearts. Sure, they said it was for a game but the translations could have been wrong (though it was the same from two different sources) or they were joking around and the TV series had an episode about video games.

Memo being with Tatiana, however, pushed me to publish this. They look to be in the same room and she doesn't voice many characters, unlike Memo and Alan. From a dubbing wiki I read, she has only dubbed twice. Once for Megara and another for a character called Shelley in a 2010 film.

These two people being together and teasing secret dubbing projects is just too suspicious but I am not ready to fully commit to thinking this is for KH3. There's a lingering doubt in my heart, but I do hope this is a good sign for Latin American fans!

If there is anything that is wrong in the article, or something that needs correcting, please do not hesitate to PM me or shoot an email through to the staff. Thank you.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
thank you sign if this is for kh3 ii hope they were able secldrele ryan potter recording since titans is fliming

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
thank you sign if this is for kh3 ii hope they were able secldrele ryan potter recording since titans is fliming

Ryan Potter's doing the voice work for Hiro in the animated series so it's guaranteed that he'll return, and Scott Asdit would rather be the sole voice actor for Baymax so they're both in the bag.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
thank you sign
I don't think this is the first time you have confused us, but thank you for the compliment! Sign works extremely hard and is dedicated to bringing original content and delicious translations so it is an honour to be confused with her.

if this is for kh3 ii hope they were able secldrele ryan potter recording since titans is fliming
The cast of both Tangled and Big Hero 6 are a lot easier to lock down for a video game than, say, the cast of Toy Story. They have contracts for the television series so they would work their contracts with other projects around this. Ryan will be back for this game. He's stuck through with Hiro for a movie, TV series (WHEN IS IT AIRING, DISNEY!?) and two video games (Disney Infinity 2.0/3.0).

Heck, Mandy Moore delivers amazing work as both Rapunzel in Tangled: The Series and as Rebecca Pearson in This Is Us so she has been able to work out a schedule that lets her film the show and record for the cartoon. With This Is Us's second season over and filming for the third a few months away this is a good chance to lock in her lines.

Voice recording, for Disney characters, has not been too demanding in the past. Jane in Tarzan had several small lines, and even though KH3 is bigger than any game before, the Disney characters do not have to be brought in again and again over a period of a few months like the main voice actors.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
chaser your right about the tv series it odd it not not tv yet make me think think it close to kingdom hearts 3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
chaser your right about the tv series it odd it not not tv yet make me think think it close to kingdom hearts 3
Like that other thread about how the release of Disney's movies might influence when KH3 will release, the TV show is independent of that. It actually is airing in the UK. My Foxtel guide (I don't have Foxtel, I just use it to track when Tangled and Big Hero 6 are on) says it is airing here as well. I'm just salty because iTunes does not put the episodes up. Still waiting on the last three Tangled episodes to finish my Season 1 collection.

Also of a note! Memo does unofficial dub projects with his friends and whatnot. He actually released one for Zootopia today. It is entirely possible that Tatiana is in for one of them, but to my knowledge she doesn't do dub work that often and I have no idea how these two would know each other.

Plus if it was just this dub work for Memo's YouTube channel, she shouldn't be kept to secrecy about it.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I've said before that a Latin American dub would be super hype for me. I listened to the video a couple of times, and it seems that they are talking about a videogame.

"We were saying that we were causing trouble/annoying/pestering (dando lata) in a new game. We can't tell you what it's about, but we hope you can hear us soon"

SerRiv9623

Tatiana and Memo were talking about a fan made dubbing for his YouTube channel, not an official proyect. I know because I’m Mexican and Memo’s follower.

Last edited:

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Tatiana and Memo were talking about a fan made dubbing for his YouTube channel, not an official proyect. I know because I’m Mexican and Memo’s follower.

Ahh but is this the same as what Memo and Alan were talking about?

Was the dub Memo and Tatiana worked on for a game?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i don't know the way they were talking like it a secret project and never mentioned the game

SerRiv9623

They never said anything about a game. Memo likes to keep the mystery on his channel’s projects in order to have surprise factor

Memo and Alan were talking about they were recording voices for a video game. And because they were speaking as Hiro and Baymax, I can deduce that this mysterious game, must be none other than KH3. Tatiana was talking about a totally different situation with Memo, and personally I don’t think she would reprise her role as Meg in the game, it’s not a common practice to bring famous artists to voice video games here in Latin America

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There were two different videos for Tatiana. The information about her working on a dubbing project was on an Instagram video that is now unavailable. I was hoping that the same information was relayed in the Facebook video but I guess not. Thank you SerRiv.

SerRiv9623

So, there was another post besides Memo’s Facebook Live stream with Tatiana? about her working on a dubbing proyect and then it was erased? Did she mentioned Memo?

I asked the Latin Spanish voice actor for Mickey via Twitter about the game. And he told me that the only videogames he had worked as Mickey are the ones that are actually on sale. (i.e. Disney Infinity)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So, there was another post besides Memo’s Facebook Live stream with Tatiana? about her working on a dubbing proyect and then it was erased? Did she mentioned Memo?
It was a video Memo uploaded to his story on Instagram, but by the time I checked it wasn't available.

This is the information that was sent to me.

In another IG history of Memo Aponte he speaks with Tatiana (official spanish voice of Megara from Hercules) and she says that it was a long time since she dubbed a character but right now she is working in a project that she cannot tell yet. It is strange that three voice actors for Disney characters said the same thing, don't you thing? Maybe this is a hint that KH3 is going to be translated to other languages

It could be for Memo's thing, like you said, but I would fail to see why Memo would spoil the surprise of who he has brought on board or why Tatiana would say it's a project she can not talk about.

On another note, Memo goes to the D23 expos in Anaheim and it looks like maybe Memo was actually at the D23 event in 2015 where they announced Big Hero 6. It seems like he would be excited to be called in to voice Hiro for KH3.

SerRiv9623

Latin voice actor of Goofy confirmed me that he recently voiced him on a videogame. Which could it be? I think hopefully is Kingdom Hearts III.

Awards
Latin voice actor of Goofy confirmed me that he recently voiced him on a videogame. Which could it be? I think hopefully is Kingdom Hearts III.
What else could it be? Unless there's some random Disney video game out there, KH3 is all it could be.

Of course we gotta remember the last time a Goofy voice actor said they worked on KH3

Awards
I'll stick with the english version of the game lol

One thing I hope they do is like I hope they give us the freaking option to choose the language we want the game to be like all the other titles do now days

do you guys think this is possible?

Reiji

A latín american dub would be the icing on the cake for me. Another great excuse to begin playthrough #35 of KH3 xD. If this turns out to be true I wonder if they'll eventually dub the whole series once KH3 releases. I just hope to Zeus that Square doesn't pull the FFXIII card by not giving us the option to play the game in a different language because of a "we work too hard on the English dub just so you can ignore it and play it on a different language? No language option for you, sir!" Excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back