• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts II Manga Volume 9 Releasing on February 21!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's hard to believe it's been almost a decade since mangaka Shiro Amano first began his adaptation of Kingdom Hearts II. Now, on February 21st, 2015, we can continue towards the final battle between Sora and Organization XIII with the release of the ninth volume in Japan! It will be sold for ¥453 ($3.85 USD). Thanks to Zephyr, you can read the summary below:

Let's go home!
The three of us at the island!!

Sora has finally reached the headquarters of Organization XIII and he is searching for Kairi whom was held captive. Is this where they have been expecting us...? Don't miss the clash between Organization XIII!

It shouldn't be long until the lastest additions will be available on western shores either, so stay tuned for more information!

Source: Amazon JP

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Is this supposed to be the last volume of KHII? If not, hopefully 10 will be.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

KH2 is fairly back-heavy, it wouldn't surprise me if we push on to 10. Plus, nice round number. One per year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, the description seems to imply a sense of wanting to go home, but no it is not the last. There is much too much to cover to fit in one volume. This issue begins with Sora only just entering the castle.

hlc1988

Awards
Well I hope this means we will soon get the next volume of KHII then over here... I guess the Western versions will probably go up to a Volume 5....

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That price seems cheap? I know that manga is a bit more dispensable in Japan, but I just had to do a bit of a double take.

This isn't the final volume? I believe Shiro Amano has likely embellished in the best possible ways, but I thought for sure 9 was the last. If Yen Press had taken that into account, they could have done two and a half volumes for all four omnibuses.

I also can't believe it's been nearly ten years since the beginning of his KHII run. It's almost hitting Hideaki Anno time. But then again, not so much since he compiled the delightful Days manga in between <3

KingdomKey1507

Hey I'm new to the site, but I have been following it for some time. I just love the manga and I wanted to know if anyone could answer these questions?

1. How many chapters does the third omnibus of Kingdom Hearts II released by Yen Press have and if possible, what are the chapter names?

2. How many Kingdom Hearts II chapters are collected in the Japanese volumes 6, 7, and 8?

Thanks for taking the time to read the questions. I hope the next volume of the series will be announced soon. I think North America is all caught up now with the exception of Volumes 8 and 9.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
1. How many chapters does the third omnibus of Kingdom Hearts II released by Yen Press have and if possible, what are the chapter names?

KHII omnibus 3 has 12 chapters, the names of the chapters are:
CH 38: Bring back the happy faces!
CH 39: Storm Ahead! Hollow Bastion
CH 40: Space Paranoids
CH 41: Minion Pete
CH 42: Find the password!
CH 43: The Door to Darkness
CH 44: Mystery
CH 45: Make a Break for It!
CH 46:The Real Ansem
CH 47: Unexpected Happenings
CH 48: Pursuers
CH 49: A Pressing decision
CH 50: An Unfamiliar Name

Unfortunately I don`t know the amount of chapters in the Japanese volumes.

I just got my copy of KHII omnibus 3, and it was really good! The Kairi section was awesome, and I really like how Amano portraits Sora. Also I really like the way Amano has started to draw the eyes and the characters. He is getting familiar with them.

KingdomKey1507

Thank you very much. And ugh I'm behind on the manga. I've only got the Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories in Tokyopop. I have the first two volumes of KHII from Tokyopop as well and I'm constantly debating whether to buy the first omnibus since it's nineteen dollars and I only need like six chapters from it. I haven't seen the third omnibus in any store I've been too so that sucks. I bought volumes two and three of 358/2 Days and I might get volume one or four in a few weeks. But, thank you very much!

WanPisu

Awards
Amano seems to have announced that the serialization is ending in May. I'd expect a late 2015 release for the 10th and final volume, autumn at the earliest.

Wonder if Yenpress will go for another 3 volume omnibus, releasing early 2016.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back