• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts II Volume 3 + 358/2 Days Volume 4 Releasing in September

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

When Yen Press first revealed that they would be publishing the highly regarded Kingdom Hearts manga, a grand total of 8 volumes in the series were officially announced and dated for release throughout 2013-2014. The final volume in that initial set is due in less than a month, and fans and collectors alike have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the next volumes. 

Today, Yen Press announced the release of both Kingdom Hearts II Volume 3 and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Volume 4, to be available September 2014! More information is available below:

KINGDOM HEARTS II Volume 3
$19.00 ($21.00) | 496 pages | 5” x 7-1/2” | Teen

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS Volume 4
$12.00 ($13.00) | 192 pages | 5” x 7-1/2” | Teen

It won't be before long until we're fully caught up with the manga adaptation!

Thanks to forum members Rydgea and Antiquity for the heads up.

Source: Yen Press

limit

Might just be getting these! I really want to collect the manga.

WanPisu

Awards
Since there were no new dates, I asked them about the situation a couple of days ago. Apparently, they were working on renewing the licenses. I didn't expect announcements this soon! Great news!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Since there were no new dates, I asked them about the situation a couple of days ago. Apparently, they were working on renewing the licenses. I didn't expect announcements this soon! Great news!

I was wondering why there was such a long delay between Volume 3 and 4 of Days.

I'm also hoping Volume 3 of Kingdom Hearts II is an omnibus~

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm also hoping Volume 3 of Kingdom Hearts II is an omnibus~

I believe it is. The page count is 496, way more than that of a typical tankōbon (single volume) of the manga series. Besides, hasn't the KH2 manga reached its seventh tankōbon?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was wondering why there was such a long delay between Volume 3 and 4 of Days.

I'm just making a guess but it probably had to do with their other licenses having priority after they finished the first batch of manga. They have a lot of series on their hands, not to mention all of their new licenses they want to get out.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I believe it is. The page count is 496, way more than that of a typical tankōbon (single volume) of the manga series. Besides, hasn't the KH2 manga reached its seventh tankōbon?

I didn't even see the page count. =__= *just got off work*

I'm just making a guess but it probably had to do with their other licenses having priority after they finished the first batch of manga. They have a lot of series on their hands, not to mention all of their new licenses they want to get out.

That would make sense. They have a pretty extensive library.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Weren't there swears in the KH2 manga? Didn't Donald say "ass" or something?

The manga's dialogue is a little looser than it is in the game, but the fan translations tend to go a bit overboard with it. The localized versions stay closer to the dialogue you'd expect from the games.

(granted, I've only read Tokyo Pop's translations, but I assume this is also the case with the rerelease)

WanPisu

Awards
I do wonder where the announcement was made though, since it's not on their site. Was the information removed or is this an early April Fools-joke?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back