• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shinji Hashimoto to attend Japanese PlayStation 4 Launch Event!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The PlayStation 4 will be released in Japan soon and to celebrate its release, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia will be holding the Japanese PlayStation 4 launch event on February 21st 2014 starting at 10:30 PM JT.

SCE President & CEO Andrew House, SCE Japan Asia president Hiroshi Kawano, and Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida will be in attendance at the event along with many notable guests who will discuss their upcoming projects that will be releasing new console in throughout the months to come.

Shinji Hashimoto, producer of Kingdom Hearts III & Final Fantasy XV, will be one of the many guests who will show off the various intriguing aspects of the PlayStation 4 through gameplay exhibits and video letters. It is yet unknown what Hashimoto will be presenting at the launch event.

The Japanese PlayStation 4 launch event will be streamed online on Ustream and Nico Nico Live. The PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan on February 22nd. 

Source: Gematsu

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is brand new information that I did not see coming 8)

Since he's only listed on there as the producer of two of the most anticipated games in those series, lets hope he doesn't disappoint ;)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Freaking Japan! Can't a girl sleep? Not that I was sleep...I had those news jitters.

Yaaaay now show a new trailer for FFXV and a release frame god damn it and Nomura's face better be in a video saying "sorry i couldn't make it i'm currently at artnia eating my fill of moogle pancakes and hogging all of the titanfall play arts molds. please enjoy this trailer because lightning returns is out so it is finally my turn"

oh and tomb raider trailer for giggles

no kh3. never kh3.

okay kh3.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As usual, I'll try to keep my expectations low on the KH3 front, but I'd be darned upset if nothing FFXV appears!!!! COME ON!!!!!

Antar

Awards
Sounds interesting, they might reveal more about the keyblade transformations or how the touch pad is used in the game. Hopefully we can swipe to do some actions like summons, keyblade transformations, or even the new flowmotion.

Also I wonder what's happening with KH 2.5, does anyone here know anything about it? I'm really looking forward to it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sounds interesting, they might reveal more about the keyblade transformations or how the touch pad is used in the game. Hopefully we can swipe to do some actions like summons, keyblade transformations, or even the new flowmotion.

I don't imagine that'd be something Hashimoto would talk about...He rarely discusses features and game design, rather vision and business goals.

If Nomura, Tabata, or Yasue were there, I'd say it would be more likely to get that kind of stuff for either game. I wouldn't expect much new on KH3's end.

Also I wonder what's happening with KH 2.5, does anyone here know anything about it? I'm really looking forward to it.

When they are ready to reveal info about it, they will.

kupo1121

Awards

Given it's a PS4 event, I doubt they'd talk about last-gen stuff there but I do have faith that 2.5 will be out worldwide by the end of this year so they'll announce stuff when they do ;)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Given it's a PS4 event, I doubt they'd talk about last-gen stuff there but I do have faith that 2.5 will be out worldwide by the end of this year so they'll announce stuff when they do ;)

They revealed The Last of Us: Left Behind trailer at the NA PS4 launch event. They can show whatever they want, really.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The PS4 is not out in Japan? Wtf....this is certainly news to me.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
They revealed The Last of Us: Left Behind trailer at the NA PS4 launch event. They can show whatever they want, really.

I'm not big on TLOU or any cinematic-y games, but TLOU is a much bigger deal to people than KH II.5, and has moreso earned it's place at a next-gen presentation, based on it's popularity. I don't see KH II.5 showing up at this one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not big on TLOU or any cinematic-y games, but TLOU is a much bigger deal to people than KH II.5, and has moreso earned it's place at a next-gen presentation, based on it's popularity. I don't see KH II.5 showing up at this one.

Cinematic-y? It's action-adventure w/shooting, survival horror game. Are you thinking about Beyond: Two Souls?

2.5 isn't that big of a deal, but my point was that PS3 games could appear regardless of this being the PS4 launch event.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Cinematic-y? It's action-adventure w/shooting, survival horror game. Are you thinking about Beyond: Two Souls?

2.5 isn't that big of a deal, but my point was that PS3 games could appear regardless of this being the PS4 launch event.

No, I mean TLOU. It's not gamey enough for my tastes in particular.. Naughty Dog is really good at presentation, but there's a lot of walking and talking in that game, most critics praise it for the presentation and story. Not for me.

And to your second thing, yeah, I get you. Given that it's a Japanese event, we may see KH 2.5, it could happen, or we might see some J-Stars Ultimate Punch Out Muscle Generation For PS3 Turbo The New Fighters whatever it's called. Which I wouldn't mind.. But I want to see what Japan is going to offer on PS4, if anything new.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, I mean TLOU. It's not gamey enough for my tastes in particular.. Naughty Dog is really good at presentation, but there's a lot of walking and talking in that game, most critics praise it for the presentation and story. Not for me.

And to your second thing, yeah, I get you. Given that it's a Japanese event, we may see KH 2.5, it could happen, or we might see some J-Stars Ultimate Punch Out Muscle Generation For PS3 Turbo The New Fighters whatever it's called. Which I wouldn't mind.. But I want to see what Japan is going to offer on PS4, if anything new.

Ah, I understand now. I've never heard anybody call TLOU cinematic before which is what confused me.

It is possible. I'm not banking on it, but if Hashimoto (and Yoshi-P) happens to do a montage of their flagship titles coming out this year and beyond on Sony systems, it isn't something that can be ruled out.

lol J-Stars would steal the show, clearly.

kupo1121

Awards

I did not know that, in that case...LET THERE BE KH2.5!!! jk I'm really not expecting anything about 2.5 ^_^

The PS4 is not out in Japan? Wtf....this is certainly news to me.

Yup, it's one of the last places in the world to get the PS4 which is really odd considering it's SO behind everywhere else. Sony didn't help by making a Japan promo trailer a trailer where it shows how every single other country celebrated the release before saying "it's coming" or something like that for Japan lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yup, it's one of the last places in the world to get the PS4 which is really odd considering it's SO behind everywhere else.

Japanese developers had no games to release on the PS4 at the time of the NA/EU/PAL launch. Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia didn't feel it would be right to release the system in Asia without having any games, so they were set to Tier 3. This only means they have a better lineup than NA/EU/PAL now because they have Japanese games released nowhere else but there.

So, nobody should feel bad for Japan. They get more games than us while we all sit here waiting for something to come out. And we still have no Japanese games in the West.

Japan - 1
NA/EU/PAL - 0

kupo1121

Awards
Japanese developers had no games to release on the PS4 at the time of the NA/EU/PAL launch. Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia didn't feel it would be right to release the system in Asia without having any games, so they were set to Tier 3. This only means they have a better lineup than NA/EU/PAL now because they have Japanese games released nowhere else but there.

So, nobody should feel bad for Japan. They get more games than us while we all sit here waiting for something to come out. And we still have no Japanese games in the West.

Japan - 1
NA/EU/PAL - 0

Clearly they were fine releasing it elsewhere with barely any lineup (given like you said, "we all sit sit here waiting for something to come out") so I just don't get why they didn't in Japan. Sure the lineup wouldn't have been as great and I don't think anyone feels bad for them, it's just odd that a Japanese company chooses to release it almost everywhere else in the world before Japan.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Clearly they were fine releasing it elsewhere with barely any lineup (given like you said, "we all sit sit here waiting for something to come out") so I just don't get why they didn't in Japan. Sure the lineup wouldn't have been as great and I don't think anyone feels bad for them, it's just odd that a Japanese company chooses to release it almost everywhere else in the world before Japan.

I just explained why! They had no games. You don't release a JAPANESE console in JAPAN without JAPANESE games. It would have been slapping them in the face with their failure.

Meanwhile the NA/EU/PAL market was fine without those games because there was a solid line-up of Western developed games. The NA/EU/PAL market wouldn't feel the void of not having Japanese games as hard as the Japanese market would have by only having Western games.

kupo1121

Awards
I just explained why! They had no games. You don't release a JAPANESE console in JAPAN without JAPANESE games. It would have been slapping them in the face with their failure.

Meanwhile the NA/EU/PAL market was fine without those games because there was a solid line-up of Western developed games. The NA/EU/PAL market wouldn't feel the void of not having Japanese games as hard as the Japanese market would have by only having Western games.

OHHHHH! I interpreted what you said as "there were no games anywhere but they did it with NA/EU anyways" I mean I looked up the lineup and it was nothing to brag about so I just assumed that was included in the "barely anything." Now I feel stupid so I'm going to use an emoticon...cause I never use emoticons here...sooooo...:wink::rolleyes::tongue::confused::biggrin::redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back