• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH χ[chi] Development Team Report #2 - Leading to KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

SQEX BRIDGE updated today with the latest development team report for Kingdom Hearts χ[chi], detailing a tremendous update over the course of December and January. With new worlds, stronger Keyblades, incredible enemies and upcoming seasonal events, you certainly won't want to miss this!

Of course, there is the matter of the message at the end of the report. 

Several months ago, Series Director Tetsuya Nomura revealed that Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] would soon receive a new content update that would lead into the illustrious KINGDOM HEARTS III. There's been little information since that announcement until today, when Nomura finally spoke up again. He speaks of a mysterious passage within the Foreteller's Script that contains an important fact that leads into the conclusion of the Xehanort Saga

In Kingdom Hearts, everything connects to the main storyline. Because of this, he urges players not to overlook Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] and to please look forward to the upcoming expansion.

You can read the full translation below, thanks to Zephyr:

Development Team News #2

Thank you for continuing to play KINGDOM HEARTS χ.

We are soon planning a huge update for KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] to be more enjoyable.

As it was announced before in the Hangame site, new players that will be joining in December, the structure of the game will be revised to suit both new and veteran players. In January, there will be an addition of new worlds with plenty content that will be updated sequentially.

The Development Team News #2 will introduce some of the new updated content for December and January.

※ We will notify you of any addition changes during the update.
※ The images shown are currently in development.

The Worlds Finally Begin to Move...

1. A Serious Story Begins!!

Five Foreseers

A War for their Land

Servants Entrusted by Chirishii

The Last Message in the Foreteller’s Script

The ultimate story will begin in December 2013.

2. Addition of a New Worlds!

● Daybreak Town

(KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] original New World)

● Olympus Coliseum

Released in January 2014.

3. Release the Keyblade’s Power!

● Upgrade the Keyblade to a maximum number of 10 times.

● Upgraded Keyblades look more flashier and stronger!

4. There is something fun everyday! New features!

1. Addition of Power Accessory “Strength Bangle”

● All players will be given a Strength Bangle!

● For a certain amount of time, you can boost your attack power by defeating specific Heartless in the field.

● The Heartless in particular are switched periodically. These Heartless can appear anywhere in the field. Get help from friends and you can find them quickly! 

By gathering power around various worlds, you can deal great damage to Raid Bosses.

Released in December 2013.

★ Also, you can enter worlds with party members to help defeat these Heartless more easily!! Released in January 2014.

2. Raid Boss Variant appears with New Rules

● You can get large amounts of LUX by strategically defeating these variants with your party members.

● Raid Boss Variants can appear by defeating Normal Raid Bosses.

● The more quickly you defeat Normal Raid Bosses, points for Raid Boss Variant will accumulate quickly!

3. The “Moogle Stamp” Opens!

● Everyday you log in, you get a chance to get a Mog Medal.

● The more you login, other prizes and Limited Avatars will appear.

Released in December 2013.

4. Addition of Recycle Draw

● As previously reported, Recycle Draw is still under development.

5. Easier Gameplay Additions!

● Alongside HIGH/LOW rendering modes for cost performance, MIDDLE has been added.

● There will be a continue option for strong Heartless you couldn’t defeat.

● More phrases for your introduction bio.

● Party join notification added.

● Attack Card Boosts also correspond with Defense.

Released in November~December 2013.

■ There are also seasonal events!

● Functionalities that were announced previously will sequentially be added.

● Get Character Cards and Avatars from seasonal events!

● To be in the event spirit, Raid Bosses are also dressed up.

Christmas event! New Years event?!

Held sequentially in December 2013.

◆ Message from the Director ◆

Thank you for your patience.
Finally, I will begin to talk about the story of KINGDOM HEARTS χ.
There is a passage written in the Foretellers’ Script.
It is an important fact that leads to KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Everyone can be a character in this story and be happy to realize you can become a part of it.

In this KINGDOM HEARTS, everything is connected to the main storyline.
To all fans that have been playing the series, do not overlook this expansion in the story and please look forward to it.

Also, even though we have announced plenty of additional features, there is still more to expect.

We understand that many of you may be dissatisfied but there will be many updates that will enhance the game and the staff is committed to working everyday.

Thank you in advance.

So, I’ll be waiting for you in Daybreak Town.

KINGDOM HEARTS series director Tetsuya Nomura

Quartz

Awards
Re: KH ?[chi] Development Team Report #2 - Leading to KINGDOM HEARTS 3

I was going to remark on being able to explore Dawnbreak Town and Olympus, or about how cool Starlight is going to look in it's evolved form, but then I saw the ridiculous damge done to that Behemoth and passed out from shock. o_O;
Thanks Sign! This was a neat read.

Last edited:

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com

Enter worlds with party members visible next to you, Ah it's starting to be an actual MMO, yes gotta love being with your party members, if they add that, you think they'll add some missions for like mini sub bosses in worlds as regular missions or story missions which needs a # of party members to fight it, eh, sorry i got too excited. ah yes, Thank you for this wonderful information. :)

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

I'm really hyped for the new story, finally it's getting more interesting. All praise Chirishii, the overlord of light and protector of the unions.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Daybreak Town is going to be a legit world rather than just a hub? Yes <3 I'm hoping we see what became of it in KH3.

The Foretellers connecting the games together...I can't wait to see what the script will say.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Oh Nomura, you just couldn't help yourself, could you?

In this KINGDOM HEARTS, everything is connected to the main storyline.
To all fans that have been playing the series, do not overlook this expansion in the story and please look forward to it.

Praise the lord, he finally said it.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Has there already been a story in this game? Haven't been following the updates on this game so.

Anyways, Daybreak Town kinda looks like a world I wanna see in a main game, like the look of it! And the story-element leading into KH 3 sounds intriguing. I'll be keeping my eye on this mysterious "fact".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Has there already been a story in this game? Haven't been following the updates on this game so.

Anyways, the story-element leading into KH 3 sounds intriguing. I'll be keeping my eye on this mysterious "fact".

Since the start! Mainly the five factions (Unicornis, Vulpes, Ursus, Leopardus, and Anguis) are gathering "lux" to fight against the Darkness. The concept is that the other teams are fighting against the Darkness for their own selfish reasons and you have to compete against them to save the world(s).

The Foretellers lead each faction, and then there is Chirishii (who is a little asshole) who helps out all of the Keyblade wielders on their quest to fight against the Darkness.

Each world has its own centralized story too...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Daybreak Town is going to be a legit world rather than just a hub? Yes <3 I'm hoping we see what became of it in KH3.

A part of me really hopes that Daybreak Town might appear in KH3 now that we actually will fully get to explore it ^_^ I mean, given Chi connects to KH3 (we don't know exactly how yet) perhaps if Daybreak exists in the realm of all the worlds with these other Disney worlds, we'll get to visit it in KH3 (and see Chriishii in glorious 3D!!!).

Praise the lord, he finally said it.

And the sad part is that I doubt anyone in the casual fanbase will actually listen to that -__-

On a side note though, given they are making so much progress with this, if they were going to localize the game (hypothetically) do you guys think it would be soon? I know you can't answer that question since nobody knows but I just want it to be localized so badly that I'm willing to take anyone saying "soon" as a good answer lol

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Since the start! Mainly the five factions (Unicornis, Vulpes, Ursus, Leopardus, and Anguis) are gathering "lux" to fight against the Darkness. The concept is that the other teams are fighting against the Darkness for their own selfish reasons and you have to compete against them to save the world(s).

The Foretellers lead each faction, and then there is Chirishii (who is a little asshole) who helps out all of the Keyblade wielders on their quest to fight against the Darkness.

Each world has its own centralized story too...

Ah yes, I've known about that. Didn't know that the worlds had their own stories, though.

Also, something I just noticed now... Chirishii

On a side note though, given they are making so much progress with this, if they were going to localize the game (hypothetically) do you guys think it would be soon? I know you can't answer that question since nobody knows but I just want it to be localized so badly that I'm willing to take anyone saying "soon" as a good answer lol

Seeing how it appears to have some relevance to the main-canon, I'd say we should get it in one way or another. Would defeat the purpose of the HD remixes and all that "getting everyone ready for the final episode"-talk.

Quartz

Awards

Enter worlds with party members visible next to you, Ah it's starting to be an actual MMO, yes gotta love being with your party members, if they add that, you think they'll add some missions for like mini sub bosses in worlds as regular missions or story missions which needs a # of party members to fight it, eh, sorry i got too excited. ah yes, Thank you for this wonderful information. :)
Won't do me much good, i'm about the only Ursa here. :p

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Alas that I have no computer! D; It looks pretty interesting. I'll keep an eye open for this Foreteller info pertaining to KH3, wonder what it could be?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

"Soon" wouldn't surprise me, but "December," the date they say the story will be expanded in the current version... ugh. I was hoping the game would get this super-special info alongside the localization. Hopefully it's part of the permanent plot and not a one-time event... In fact, let's just hope all important information is part of the permanent plot and not one-time events. So far they've only given us one story segment attached to a temporary event. If they never do it again, I'll be nothing but grateful.

Really, it wouldn't be too hard to localize chi-the-flash-application because it doesn't have that much text in it compared to larger games we're used to hearing about in localization. That could maybe be done by December. But the hard part would be the real-world stuff, setting up the business side and the support side and the login side, rebalancing the game for all the new players playing in the Japanese night... who knows how long that would take. Hope they do it, of course. Hope it works out for them, too.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

Really hoping Daybreak town makes into other games later on.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I would love to see Daybreak Town, Chirishii, or any of the foretellers appear in Kingdom Hearts III.

makine

Awards

90pix_c.jpg

all aboard the uss canon.

sdr08

do we have to play chi now or can we read the message and we will be ok? (not repeating the COM mistake)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

do we have to play chi now or can we read the message and we will be ok? (not repeating the COM mistake)

CoM was not that bad. And no, you don't have to play if you don't want to. Social browser games aren't for everybody.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We'll probably make a report on the message and whatever else when it surfaces. If you don't want to or are unable to play, you should have nothing to worry about.

sdr08

CoM was not that bad. And no, you don't have to play if you don't want to. Social browser games aren't for everybody.

i meant i skipped COM and jumped straight into KH2 and got confused for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back