• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Zootopia Medals and Event Arrive in Unchained ?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Zootopia Medals and Event Arrive in Unchained X!

It's pretty unlikely that they would change them at this point.

it would probably take a decent amount of people complaining to do that yeah. I think it COULD but its super unlikely. I did say something actually...mostly just that I acknowledge that maybe they shouldn't be as good as they are in the Japanese version but they are expecting us to pay for them so maybe they should actually be better than things I can just get from the normal draw...but yeah.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Eh. I mean, why are the costume boards considered "expected to pay for them" while draws in general aren't? It's possible for someone to get these boards without paying real money. And the whole thing is just optional stuff. Whether or not someone thinks it's worth it is pretty subjective. If you like Zootopia, you'll probably think it is worth it for the costumes themselves, nevermind the medals. And while they aren't as strong as they were when introduced into the Japanese seven-month-old gamestate, it's not like they are actively horrible either. They seem pretty decent for our month-old gamestate, imo.

For players concerned with higher level play, yeah the nerfing sucks and the medals aren't worth it. But not all aspects of the game have to be geared toward that type of play. Some people honestly just want to build their decks with characters that they like and really don't care about tiers. Some people only want the cute costumes and couldn't care less about the medals being included. It's all about whether people as individuals think something is worth the cost and deciding what to do based on that.

But that's just where I'm at with this stuff. The level of pitchforking going on over this is a bit much for me, ngl.

FFxStrife

Eh. I mean, why are the costume boards considered "expected to pay for them" while draws in general aren't? It's possible for someone to get these boards without paying real money. And the whole thing is just optional stuff. Whether or not someone thinks it's worth it is pretty subjective. If you like Zootopia, you'll probably think it is worth it for the costumes themselves, nevermind the medals. And while they aren't as strong as they were when introduced into the Japanese seven-month-old gamestate, it's not like they are actively horrible either. They seem pretty decent for our month-old gamestate, imo.

For players concerned with higher level play, yeah the nerfing sucks and the medals aren't worth it. But not all aspects of the game have to be geared toward that type of play. Some people honestly just want to build their decks with characters that they like and really don't care about tiers. Some people only want the cute costumes and could care less about the medals being included. It's all about whether people as individuals think something is worth the cost and deciding what to do based on that.

But that's just where I'm at with this stuff. The level of pitchforking going on over this is a bit much for me, ngl.

Then pretty much everything becomes subjective. If FFVIIR is released for $200 I'll still buy it because it's a remake of my favorite game, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable at all. You're not getting what you're paying for.

I get it that you can get 6000 jewels without paying money for them but that's extremely unlikely. Everyone bought medals and the other costumes already. Speaking of which, they have much better rewards and are a lot cheaper. The game is not going to be a faceroll forever so I doubt many people that want to progress in it will keep the "favorite medals" mindset for too long. They will want to get something good out of their jewels, something useful.

I don't really care about zootopia or the costumes at all, but I'd be pretty upset if I did and had this huge wall in the way of getting them.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Then pretty much everything becomes subjective.
Nearly everything is, my friend.

If you guys want to keep on with this, be my guest. I've said my bit. None of this stuff is required, and it being worth purchasing or not is still going to be up to the individual, just like most people here don't think anything in this game is worth purchasing, while others do. Provide people with the facts, let them choose, and then move on. That's what I'd do anyway.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I need to get a new phone to play this ;_;

FFxStrife

Nearly everything is, my friend.

If you guys want to keep on with this, be my guest. I've said my bit. None of this stuff is required, and it being worth purchasing or not is still going to be up to the individual, just like most people here don't think anything in this game is worth purchasing, while others do. Provide people with the facts, let them choose, and then move on. That's what I'd do anyway.

I wouldn't mind it at all if they were at least 1500, there's absolutely no reason for them to cost 3000. There just isn't. If people want to buy them and think they're worth it, that's perfectly fine. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter just like you.

I need to get a new phone to play this ;_;

You can play it on PC if that's an option for you. Send me a private message and I'll give you the details.

Vulpeus1041

Too be one hundred percent clear, do event medals like Judy or Nick medals show up again in the random draw?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Too be one hundred percent clear, do event medals like Judy or Nick medals show up again in the random draw?

No, I'm 99% sure they don't. At least I know these two weren't in Japan.

Vulpeus1041

Ok cuz I was planning on adding my chip and dales
Also if there is only one available why even have medium guilt

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Ok cuz I was planning on adding my chip and dales
Also if there is only one available why even have medium guilt
Later on in the game there are Support Medals called "Mickey and Broomsticks" which automatically active a special attack node. So theoretically, one could use these to eventually guilt the Zootopia medals.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I wouldn't mind it at all if they were at least 1500, there's absolutely no reason for them to cost 3000.
Not to mention they're being released when there are no new missions available or any other way to grind jewels.

I'd like one of these medals, but it's not worth real money. I'd have happily paid for the game itself: say $30 upfront to download and own it, and that's probably more than it should cost. But this whole microtransaction model is shady and kills any incentive to actually work at it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

In other news, the actual Event is incredibly easy. It's been less than a day and I've basically completed both of the main boards with minimal effort. They're also really good for leveling up (especially in the special time, where Lux is doubled), and there are still 13 days left lol. I'd recommend it.

FFxStrife

In other news, the actual Event is incredibly easy. It's been less than a day and I've basically completed both of the main boards with minimal effort. They're also really good for leveling up (especially in the special time, where Lux is doubled), and there are still 13 days left lol. I'd recommend it.

I'm at LV204 and I didn't level up once during the special time. The lux required post LV200 is ridiculously high.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I've leveled up almost three times since doing the event and I'm level 204 now.

Muke

whatever
Awards

It's not that good for LVing up. I only leveled up once/twice and I completed both Boards.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Loving the event for the costumes / accessories alone. I do want the medals, of coarse, but their skills/power are honestly unimportant to me, just more of a collector's frill tbh.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Well whatever (doesnt) work for you guys. Personally i think it will be good for leveling as the boss is only going to get stronger and offer more exp over the next 13 days and then having that lux being double often. It's working for me at least

FFxStrife

Well whatever (doesnt) work for you guys. Personally i think it will be good for leveling as the boss is only going to get stronger and offer more exp over the next 13 days and then having that lux being double often. It's working for me at least

This is definitely the best method right now, but don't expect to go too far with it. As I said, the lux required is too much, you'll eventually start running out of AP before getting a single level (like I did tonight).

Unless you get a lot of Omegas, it's going to be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back