• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Zootopia - "It's called a hustle, sweetheart."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
998448_10151731487066855_1414764374_n.jpg

March 4th 2016

A fast-talking fox is framed for a crime he didn’t commit in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Zootopia” (working title)—in theaters in 2016.

After Big Hero 6 is released, WDAS will take a year off before releasing two films in 2016. The first is currently called Zootopia, which will be directed by one of Tangled‘s co-directors Byron Howard. This film will star Jason Bateman (who previously been penned to voicing a character in this film) who is supposed to voice a fox character.

New Disney Animation Films Announced: 'Zootopia', 'Giants', 'Moana' & More!

“Then a big announcement came: “Zootopia” is named as the 2016 Walt Disney Animation Studios film. It’s an original from “Tangled” director Byron Howard – a buddy action comedy set in animal world where humans never existed. That means in this world, animals designed all architecture and design elements with locations like Tundra Town, Sahara Square, Rain Forest, Wild Times, Anamalia, The Canals, and Burrow Borough. Natural elements inspire locations, like a hotel that looks like a mountain or a palm tree.

The film will star hero Nick Wilde, a sharped tooth mammal – a fox. It’s about his relationship with Lt. Judy Hopps, a rabbit. Set in a Las Vegas-style world, the two start as natural enemies but become friends by the end. Oh, and there will be a lot of “Gnu-pid” Wildebeasts.”

Disney Concepts & Stuff

I don't care if it is 2D or 3D I just know I will love it, especially if they stick with that outfit on that fox.M

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Zootopia -working title- (2016)

I think it looks fantastic. It feels a lot like 70s-80s Disney with the plethora of anthropomorphic animal films. I've missed films with animals and this fox looks like true cool guy.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i guess i'll give it a shot

what was the last disney animated flick that had talking anthropormorphic animals and no humans?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i guess i'll give it a shot

what was the last disney animated flick that had talking anthropormorphic animals and no humans?

These were the last four in the last 13 years:

Winnie the Pooh (2011) (which was sadly a commercial failure because it came out the same weekend as HP7 p2)
Chicken Little (2005) (made average numbers)
Home on the Range (2004) (HUGE ASS FAILURE)
Dinosaur (2000) (just okay, made average numbers)

This film already looks like it has more personality than all four of those films...Something that would definitely catch the eyes of all demographics.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i actually liked winnie the pooh. dinosaurs was okay. home and the range and chicken little sucked

but yeah, the more i think about the concept of zootopia the more interesting it looks

Edit: home of the range had humans though

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Definitely will look forward to this. Though Disney has a history if taking the individuality out of some recent films. But no, I will not be cynical about this. Love that fox!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i actually liked winnie the pooh. dinosaurs was okay. home and the range and chicken little sucked

Yea, so did I. I was so disappointed that it came out the same weekend as HP7 p.2 because I wanted it to succeed. I even have a huge theater poster for it in my house ;A;

Dinosaurs is good to watch once but never again.

Lol Home on the Range was bleh I hate it xD Chicken Little to me is also another "watch once, never again" film. I told my best friend I hadn't seen it before and she pulled out the childrens book for us to read. After that you get the whole idea of the film and it becomes rather moot to watch :\

Edit: home of the range had humans though

Crap! Forgot about that xD Well then just three films, then...I have only seen the film once and I nearly fell asleep on it because it was so boring.

Definitely will look forward to this. Though Disney has a history if taking the individuality out of some recent films. But no, I will not be cynical about this. Love that fox!

If I were whoever made this concept art, I'd demand the fox stays cool. I'm honestly hoping Disney execs manage to keep their paws off of the concept and script and damn the test groups xD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Chicken little was not great. I only ever keep it around anymore for the bonus features(a number of which are great) but yeah dont really like the film that much

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Chicken little was not great. I only ever keep it around anymore for the bonus features(a number of which are great) but yeah dont really like the film that much

way to mean spirited for my liking

btw, did anyone else think of the fantastic mr fox when this movie was announced? i did

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Added some new info:

“Then a big announcement came: “Zootopia” is named as the 2016 Walt Disney Animation Studios film. It’s an original from “Tangled” director Byron Howard – a buddy action comedy set in animal world where humans never existed. That means in this world, animals designed all architecture and design elements with locations like Tundra Town, Sahara Square, Rain Forest, Wild Times, Anamalia, The Canals, and Burrow Borough. Natural elements inspire locations, like a hotel that looks like a mountain or a palm tree.

The film will star hero Nick Wilde, a sharped tooth mammal – a fox. It’s about his relationship with Lt. Judy Hopps, a rabbit. Set in a Las Vegas-style world, the two start as natural enemies but become friends by the end. Oh, and there will be a lot of “Gnu-pid” Wildebeasts.”

Disney Concepts & Stuff

His name is Nick~

way to mean spirited for my liking

Have to agree. It seemed really cruel to get so upset over one young boy to the point that the entire town and even his father was disappointed in him :c

btw, did anyone else think of the fantastic mr fox when this movie was announced? i did

I actually sort of did! I haven't finish that film yet but what I saw impressed me.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Seems like it'd be an interesting film. lol Having trouble telling if some of the rabbits in the image have one eye or two very small ones.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Definitely excited to see Disney return to the world of anthropomorphic animals again~

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Would be cool if it's done in the style of its key visual. Makes me think they're using the same technique they used for Paperman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back