• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Zexion's Detecting a Scent Similar to that of the Superior

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Re-encountered CoM again.

When Zexion says this line, he is referring to Riku.

Years ago, when I first beat the game, I didn't quite know the significance of that line. In addition, since KHII was not completed at the time, the Superior's identity was not (fully) revealed yet.

Having seen the scene again recently, he is referring to the remnants of Ansem SoD's darkness within Riku right? Since Ansem SoD and Xemnas have the same origin (born from Apprentice Xehanort ending himself), that's what Zexion was specifically referring to right?

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's correct, what Zexion was detecting was what was left of Ansem within Riku.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Funny little note, The Superior is referencing Xemnas (or moreso Riku's connection to Xemnas through the remnants of Ansem SoD in his heart), however their real former superior Ansem The Wise was also present within the castle (posing as Ansem SoD). Pretty ironic that Ansem TW's posing as Ansem SoD who had been posing as Ansem TW the whole time haha. I think Zexion's smart enough to distinguish the imposter (of an imposter) and the remnant apart.

Saying that I distinctly remember the moment DiZ unveiled himself really irritated me because Riku had never even hinted at any suspicions it wasn't the real Ansem SoD. I felt that Riku's side was a pretty weakly written story in that respect.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Axel said:
"So sorry, Zexion. You just found out way too much."

Sorry, couldn't resist. At any rate, yes, it was indeed the remnant of Ansem the Seeker of Darkness that Zexion was sensing inside Riku. The reason he said that it was similar to "the Superior" (i.e.: Xemnas, the Superior of the In-Between) was because both had come to being when Terranort willingly gave in to the darkness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back