• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Zankyou no Terror

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
ibpeCwu09uaeze.jpg

For those unaware, this is the second of director Watanabe's series this season (the other being Space Dandy, of course). It's also good. Here's why:

1) It's visually stunning. Like, there isn't a bad frame here. It just doesn't exist.
2) One of Kanno's best scores in a long time. Top-tier music.
3) Great chemistry between the two leads.
4) Battles of wits all around.
5) Things exploding.
6) Nuclear weaponry.

It's got it all.

Watch it.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to say, this is definitely my favorite new series of this season. The story is very intriguing and you can't help but keep watching because you want to know why these boys are terrorists and how Lisa will fit into all of this. (Also waiting for Five to appear in more than Nine's flashback nightmares)

The ending song is just as amazing

[video=dailymotion;x218oij]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x218oij_terror-in-resonance-ed_creation[/video]

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
The show is really reminding me of Death Note with Touji and Arata paralleling Light and Shibasaki paralleling L.

Good stuff.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I caught up onto episode four now. What really grips me is how, they keep teasing the police with these riddles. I couldn't believe it when, they leaked all of those reports to the public. Some of the citizens were even smiling about it. Odd, don't you think? I'm starting to wonder if, the girl that keeps appearing in Nine's mind is alive or not? Kind of a brutal flashback on the concept of love. Utterly mysterious and suspenseful in some moments. I want to know more about Lisa's background too.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I am still waiting for this to end before I watch it. It looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. The only reason I can control myself is knowing how short it will be.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I am still waiting for this to end before I watch it. It looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. The only reason I can control myself is knowing how short it will be.

I don't know how you do it. After watching the first episode, I was pretty much hooked right into it. Oh boy, its beyond fantastic and definitely worth watching and waiting for new episodes to air.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You know, I really can't complain if this only has one season.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Does anybody know if there's a manga of this out there to read?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
As long as the show can get to its message within these last four episodes, I'll be more than happy with the single season.

Also, it's an anime original; and as far as I know, there's no manga adaptation/spin-off announced at the moment.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aimer's EP "dare ka, umi wo" just came out and it is gorgeous. The song is even more haunting in its full version.

(And if you're an Aimer fan like me, this album is practically the opposite of Midnight Sun in every way possible and I guess I love it for that because Midnight Sun was not her best)

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Is the full version up on youtube, Ethy? I was looking around for it earlier, but most were the shorten version. :3

At last, we get a brand new episode.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hopefully I didn't mix the numbers up. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Another new episode that I don't have to wait around for! =D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Damn.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
So the series ended today.

Really not sure what to make of it.

Sure we had superb scenes such as the climax of Episode 9.

But altogether I thought it could do with some more time and development.

And less Five. I understand she was pretty much there to set up the Blade Runner replicant kind of scenario but still...

In the end, they spent too much time on her and not enough time developing the reasons for Sphinx's doings, as in the end...I did realise "Wait...why WERE they doing all this?" I know it got answered at the end, but it just reeked of "Oh shit, this is the last episode."

You've half disappointed me Watanabe.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Having finished it, I have to say that, unfortunately, this show turned out to be pretty bad.

It's a shame, considering all the potential in the ideas presented by the end of the series. But it's so painfully executed that I just cannot bring myself to liking this show beyond the production values that were given it.

I hoped for a show much better than this. Watanabe doesn't actually have a lot of experience crafting a full, linear story, and that was made all too clear in this one. The delivery of its narrative was amateur at best.

All the potentially great elements either serve no purpose, are used once and then completely forgotten, or have no effective buildup supporting them. It's kind of a mess.

Awards
I stopped watching at around episode 8 or 9. I just couldn't get over Lisa.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I stopped watching at around episode 8 or 9. I just couldn't get over Lisa.

So you dropped the series with only like 2 episodes to go?

Even if I wasn't getting on with the show, I'd at least give it till the end. Especially with how good the ending to 9 was.

I suppose that was the only good end 9 had though AM I RIGHT GUYS?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Oh, the show's scenes are composed beautifully, which just makes it such a shame that the writing isn't strong enough to use them effectively.

The music playing as it pulls out to the wide shot of the ferris wheel slowly turning is beautiful. The bomb lifting high into the air as the episode ends with Nine finishing his last public announcement gave me chills.

Watanabe has a great understanding of scene composition/cinematography. That's why this is easily one of the most gorgeous shows of the year.

But oh my diddlying god, I wanted them to actually do something with Twelve's synesthesia, or create an actual motif with the raven, and so many other things. That would have lead to even more brilliant visual moments.

Awards
So you dropped the series with only like 2 episodes to go?

Even if I wasn't getting on with the show, I'd at least give it till the end. Especially with how good the ending to 9 was.

I had already done so much eye-rolling up until that point that I just quit and relied on glorious tumblr gifs to give me the gist of everything thereafter.

I'll finish the series eventually, because it is visually amazinggg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back