• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Zachary Levi on voicing Flynn in Kingdom Hearts 3: "No one has asked me"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Coming off of two brand-new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers is some news that might disappoint fans who are eagerly waiting for some news regarding the English release. While a final release date has not yet been confirmed, many were hoping that English voice recording for Kingdom Hearts 3 would have already begun.

Replying to a fan on twitter, Zachary Levi, the man behind the voice of Flynn Rider / Eugene Fitzherbert in various Tangled media, has confirmed that he has not been asked to record for the character in Kingdom Hearts 3.

This does not mean that Zachary Levi will be replaced as Flynn Rider in Kingdom Hearts 3. Voice recording is one of the last steps in Kingdom Hearts development, and since the game doesn't have a finalised date it is most likely that recording for the game has not begun yet.

Mandy Moore (Rapunzel), Zachary Levi (Eugene Fitzherbert), and Clancy Brown (King Frederic) all returned in 2017 for Tangled: The Series, a continuation of the Tangled franchise. Sean Hayes (Pete the Guard), Paul F. Tompkins (Shorty), M.C. Gainey (Captain of the Guard), Jeffrey Tambor (Big Nose), and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) all returned to voice their characters from the film in the television series.

Queen Arianna was originally voiced by Kari Wahlgren (the voice of The Grid in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance) in the short film Tangled: Ever After but was replaced by Julie Bowen from Modern Family when the television series launched.

Steve Blum, who voiced a character in Tangled: Ever After and Tangled the Series, previously revealed that he would love to do voice work for a Kingdom Hearts game, so depending on the characters in the Kingdom of Corona, his wish just may be granted.

Source: TVline.

It is also expected that all of the current cast for Big Hero 6: The Series will return to voice their characters in Kingdom Hearts 3. Scott Adsit (Baymax), Ryan Potter (Hiro Hamada), Jamie Chung (GoGo), Genesis Rodriguez (Honey Lemon), Alan Tudyk (Alistair Krei), and Maya Rudolph (Aunt Cass) all returned for the series, whereas Khary Payton and Brooks Wheelan replaced Damon Wayans Jr. and T.J. Miller as Wasabi and Fred respectively.

Much like the television series, the world of Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts 3 is confirmed to take place after the events of the 2014 film. Roy Conli, a Producer for Big Hero 6, said that the themes of friendship and light over darkness will be in play when Sora visits that world. It is unknown if characters who are in the film and television series who aren't the main cast will make an appearance in the game, such as Alan Tudyk as Alistair Krei or Jenifer Lewis as Professor Granville.

Scott Adsit, speaking on the Maltin on Movies podcast, confirmed in February 2017 that he would prefer to always be the voice of Baymax in official media, saying that "at this point I don't want to hear someone else doing my voice".

Source: Den of Geek

It is also expected that Tom Hanks will not reprise Woody in the Toy Story world. Speaking with Graham Norton in 2011, Tom Hanks confirmed that his brother Jim has always stepped in to help voice the character in media such as video games. While Disney and Pixar have a lot of input with Kingdom Hearts 3, it is unknown if they will bring in their official voice actors for Toy Story, or use their same voice actors they have for their games.

Speaking with Famitsu in July 2017, Nomura confirmed that Disney brought in their own Japanese Voice Actors for the Toy Story trailer that played at D23 in Anaheim. 

-Ah, so that's part of the story... By the way, Woody and Buzz's Japanese voice actors are a bit different, can you elaborate on why?

Nomura: We don't decide on the casting for them. That's Disney's decision. Disney already has their own games with Woody and Buzz in them, and they use those voice actors, so they probably opted for the same with KH3.

It ultimately is up to Disney to decide who they want to come in to voice for Kingdom Hearts 3Tangled: The Series recently wrapped up their first season while Big Hero 6: The Series premiered with a television movie in November 2017, but will finally resume airing new episodes on March 1st 2018.

Don't forget to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can't wait for him to be in KH3. I love Zachary Levi so much <3

So we'll just have to wait until it's close to VAs are allowed to confirm they are in the game

Hopefully Jesse once again and fearfully confirms he's back

Jesse learned after the hundredth time. No, this time I imagine it'll be some Disney actor who doesn't give a damn. I'd have bet on Ben Diskin since he is just that kind of awesome, but I imagine he'd find it more fun to watch us squirm this time around xD

All I need is for somebody to get Drake Bell to just own up to being Eraqus.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Really makes me wonder if the Xehanort and Eraqus scene from that trailer will end up with the same voice clips in the finished product. They may end up with different voices all together!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Jesse learned after the hundredth time. No, this time I imagine it'll be some Disney actor who doesn't give a damn. I'd have bet on Ben Diskin since he is just that kind of awesome, but I imagine he'd find it more fun to watch us squirm this time around xD

not to mention his grilfreind a hugh kh fan

horto12485

Awards
When are we going to have English Dub Trailers? (Not Counting the E3 2015 one where Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort) I mean we've been hearing just Japanese in Kingdom Hearts III.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
When are we going to have English Dub Trailers? (Not Counting the E3 2015 one where Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort) I mean we've been hearing just Japanese in Kingdom Hearts III.
probby arond e3 2018 is my guess

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Geeze, I guess that adds up since we haven't heard like any English dialogue in years ha, but still. I would be super sad if they just replaced Levi, so hoping they just haven't really gotten into it yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Didn't they already start english voice acting, though in just small parts? Like Pooh's voice actor and E3 2015.

Whatever they recorded, it could have been just small chunks they might have planned to use for trailers but never ended up using. We won't know what any of it ever was for, honestly.

Really makes me wonder if the Xehanort and Eraqus scene from that trailer will end up with the same voice clips in the finished product. They may end up with different voices all together!

They aren't changing VAs for Xehanort and Eraqus lol

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Its still early the trailer was only in Japaneses
By E3 we might have an english update

The real question is will it be Hayden or Alyson?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The real question is will it be Hayden or Alyson?
we havent seen kairi yet but my money is on alyson right now i know that nashivil final season is almost over so maybe they can get on time for kh3 but right nothing for certain

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
we havent seen kairi yet but my money is on alyson right now i know that nashivil final season is almost over so maybe they can get on time for kh3 but right nothing for certain

I think Alyson should just become the full time Xion, but i guess that doesnt make sense, she and kairi are suppose to look and sound alike. I belive Nashville is done filming. She should have some time, she has slowed down most projects since motherhood

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think they will record that dialogue again. There's more to the scene and it'd make it flow better if it was all recorded in one session instead of taking voice clips from 3 years ago and meshing it with the voice clips from now.

sdr27

Awards
Yeah, I am confident we will get a English dub trailer for E3. Since Finn is a minor character, Zach will probably be called last to record. on that note, how long will voice acting take if they haven't started yet? not very long, right?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I am confident we will get a English dub trailer for E3. Since Finn is a minor character, Zach will probably be called last to record. on that note, how long will voice acting take if they haven't started yet? not very long, right?
I was mistaken over these last few weeks and I thought that recording for 2.8 had was mostly completed a year before it's release (no one corrected me so I guess everyone else forgot that the Jump Festa trailer wasn't in English too) but recording for the Castle of Dreams section was finished prior to E3, as they had that cut for a demo and the E3 trailer. That was six months prior to launch and they still had more to record as Willa uploaded a photo of her in the studio in August of 2016.

This is a bigger game than 2.8 though, with a lot more characters involved and speaking, so I would hope they are starting soon. The Japanese voices are always worked on first, but it doesn't mean the game will launch in Japan with a massive wait before it launches in the West.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I was mistaken over these last few weeks and I thought that recording for 2.8 had was mostly completed a year before it's release (no one corrected me so I guess everyone else forgot that the Jump Festa trailer wasn't in English too) but recording for the Castle of Dreams section was finished prior to E3, as they had that cut for a demo and the E3 trailer. That was six months prior to launch and they still had more to record as Willa uploaded a photo of her in the studio in August of 2016.

This is a bigger game than 2.8 though, with a lot more characters involved and speaking, so I would hope they are starting soon. The Japanese voices are always worked on first, but it doesn't mean the game will launch in Japan with a massive wait before it launches in the West.
im pretty sure there been voicing already they just can't tell us since they have nda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back