• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Zac efron to play light yagami? (death note)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xx kairi xx

Not sure if all of you already knew this as its january news, so please close if this has already been discussed.
anyways, an american version of death note has been confirmed and is rumoured to have Zac Efron play as Light Yagami =<

Source One

Source Two

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Yet he is the anti-thesis of otaku/wapanese culture.

Which wouldn't suit the primary target audience, although it would help the film achieve mainstream success.

Firo

Oh Crap
Despite what some people think Zac Efron is pretty talented as an actor. I think he can pull it off. Plus he kinda looks like Light. I'm not complaining.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I listened to a radio interview when HSM2 came out that Zac Efron is a HUGE fan of anime and manga.
If he can get the maniacal side of him out, I can really see him being Light Yagami...intelligent and attractive. His angry side that comes to mind however is when he would begin yelling in HSM2....I hope he just works on that, because it needs to feel authentic. Assuming this is true, of course. Regardless of what people think, he CAN be quiet and mysterious, and not just goofy and happy.

Good luck to him.

ze-kira.jpg

zackira1.jpg

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Even though I hate Zac Efron, he really does look like he can do a good job playing as Light. [Come on, he looks like him!]

Firo

Oh Crap
Zac is good and everything, but who the hell is going to play L?

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
I don't know if appearance dictates how well one portrays a character.

Firo

Oh Crap
Nobody likes him because of HSM. I bet that's why he's doing this.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
He's obviously doing it for the money :\ on top of the similarities between himself and Light (It's mostly the hair), so he was pretty much assured for the role.

xx kairi xx

Zac is good and everything, but who the hell is going to play L?
not known yet. i reckon johnny depp would be a good candidate though xD ..though i guess he'd be too old now? =(
I'm not sure if any of you have actually seen Zac's works, but he is pretty good at being both quiet, angry, cool, collected, a HUGE LIAR, and suspicious.
but he's too happy and smiley *shudders*

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
not known yet. i reckon johnny depp would be a good candidate though xD ..though i guess he'd be too old now? =(

Y'think? Johnny Depp playing L is as bad as Light being played by Efron.

Also...how can you take that first source seriously?
It said Madonna was going to play Mello.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

Make up does wonders, just look back to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and you'll see what I'm talking about.

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
hmmmm.... i guess i don't have a valid opinion since i haven't seen the hsm movies. don't plan on it, though.

Y'think? Johnny Depp playing L is as bad as Light being played by Efron.

Also...how can you take that first source seriously?
It said Madonna was going to play Mello.

*snort* Mello.

no american can play L. despite him being american. or british. or whatever he is.

Apollo

Silver Member
I don't really care, my problem is with HSM, not him. If he can pull it off, then I cool with him doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back