• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

YX and MoM, and MoM's motivations.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

blank points

Awards
So with the trailer for Re:Mind, there has been some debate over whether or not the figure we see taking to YX is Luxu or the MoM. Most people seem to think that it makes more sense for it to be Luxu, but I'm starting to think that it is indeed the MoM himself. For starters, the body structure of the figure in the trailer seems to match the MoM in Back Cover. Furthermore, it should be noted that the MoM would know quite well who Xehanort was. In the Secret Reports, Luxu mentions that he must follow the No Name Keyblade until he comes across the fated "Dark Master". Through the Gazing Eye, the MoM would know who Xehanort was from the time was a teenager, all the way until he was an old man.

Working off this, I am starting to think we may have a glimpse into what the MoM is trying to do. As we know, it was he who was essentially responsible for the first Keyblade War by manipulating the Foretellers into starting it, and seemed interested in what came after the war. My theory is that after he disappeared in Back Cover, he either time traveled or jumped worldlines somehow into the time of Xehanort's youth. And then, judging from the conversation we see in the Re:Mind trailer, set Xehanort on his path to be the Dark Master, start another Keyblade War, and re-summon Kingdom Hearts. In KH3's secret ending, we see the MoM make a heart shaped symbol with his hands on the moon. I remember reading another theory that maybe the MoM is trying to reconnect the worlds back to the way they were before the first Keyblade War. So, I am beginning to think maybe the motivations of the MoM was to make Xehanort a pawn in his game, and after Xehanort summoned Kingdom Hearts out of the darkness, he would then attempt to claim it's power to rework the universe pre-first war, like the other theory suggested, or perhaps for some other unknown means.

Last edited:

Obiewantsanipod

I don't really buy it, the MoM said he was going to disappear, other than time travel why would he suddenly re-emerge.

It seems to me like things in KHIII were set up to hint at the possibility that the MoM abused the power of waking and knew he was going to disappear courtesy of Luxu and the No Name.

Back