• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Yuri!!! On ICE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All good things must come to an end...

That said, I need Yuuri to get a medal and then he and Victor do an exhibition skate. Specifically a pair skate to Stammi Vicino...(I know, it is what everybody has been begging for)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This was the anime that kept on giving and giving. I need it to have a happy ending after that previous episode's mixed signals for a cliffhanger. I don't care about the medal as much as Yuri and Viktor staying a couple. And I want more of Yurio. <3

Okay, I lied. I do want Yuri to win a medal after everything he's done within a year to be where he's at now.

If there was hypothetically a second season, I'd want it to focus on somebody else instead of Yuri. However, I'm good with it being one season only.

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I don't know how I'll be able to handle tomorrow..... I decided I wouldn't watch the livestream and instead wait for subs, the wait is going to be difficult as heck. I'm a bit worried about the pacing, there's a LOT to cover in the last episode, I hope it won't feel too rushed. I don't care who wins, they've all worked hard and deserve it. I kinda hope Yurio doesn't win though, he has easy 10 years of new chances to win if he stays in good condition. Just let someone older win now.

But yeah, Viktor and Yuuri need a good, happy ending. That's what has been built all this time, if the payoff is good YOI will get into my top5 anime, if the last episode fails to deliver it basically just... ruins everything for me. No backpedaling now, no leaving things open for second season. A good, satisfying conclusive end.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

SEE YOU AT NEXT LEVEL

More from me later on when it is subbed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What's that even mean?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

No, the show has a solid resolution that needs nothing else, but that phrase was shown at the very end. It seems to be saying there might be another season or at least more to the series even after this ending.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufferBuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

See you next level! Is it even possible for them to take it higher with another season? I would've been alright without another one. xD

I was still blown away by Yuri's performance compared to Yurio's. However, it tugged a tiny bit at my heart strings to see Yurio collapse onto his knees and cry at the end of his performance. I'm honestly okay with how it resulted in the grand prix final. The fact that it returned to the two of them competing for the gold felt right. However, I'm not sure how I feel about Viktor and Yuri's relationship. It wasn't so much anticlimactic for me but, it felt like they ran out of things to make their relationship go above and beyond like in the previous episodes. And maybe that's a good thing. I wouldn't want them to go too out there with their relationship, when they already seem and appear to be engaged. Regardless, I'm happy they made up before Yuri took to the ice.

Overall, I'm happy I got a catch to watch this. And it was a good anime to end the year on too.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Only click if you've finished watching the final episode!

^ Is this for real or fan made?

bufferbufferbufferbufferbufferbufferbufferbufferbufferbuffer

@catcake: Don't get me wrong, I totally agree it would've been nice if it could have shown them literally kissing to make their relationship feel more solid. So it'd feel less baited. (And I do agree wholeheartedly about both of your posts btw! Although, when I wrote my own post I hadn't intended it to imply anything to what you said. I just liked the way you used 'anti-climatic' and had to think about it for a bit if I felt the same about the finale. xD

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I'm gonna buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer this post.

This last episode left me feeling satisfied. I've seen some reactions from those that didn't feel that as much, I guess from a feeling of having "romantic-blue balls" at the ending? I didn't think the lack of a more explicit "i love you-money shot" detracted that much from what was built up over the season. Everything felt right to me about where Yuri and Victor's relationship went. I know that mileage will vary between people.
(This thread is more or less what I can agree with on that subject.)

I think everyone came out in a good place at the end. While Yuri didn't get the gold, seeing Yurio take it also felt satisfying, especially with how close their scores were. I wish there was even more Yurio this season because I actually ended up liking him the most, lol.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
So, I know there were a couple of you who were unhappy with the ending but I honestly really liked it and these two metas explain what was going on with Yuuri and Victor the whole time:

This is why I’m at peace with Episode 12 Part 1... - Born to Make. . .
This is why I’m at peace with Episode 12 Part 2... - Born to Make. . .

I think for a few of you, this could maybe help you feel less bitter about it (or maybe more bitter! idk!)

Actually, I feel at peace about it after reading the first Part of it. Whoever wrote it thought it out really well. Thanks for sharing it with us, Spockanort. :)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I don't really agree with some stuff in that analysis, I see especially Yuuri's part differently. I mean, that's one way to look at it, but not how I personally see it at all.

But I'm honestly not bitter at all about the series as a whole, I absolutely loved it. Still not a fan of that last episode, it rushed important things too much (even though I do understand some of it couldn't be helped, they only have as much time as they do) and I would have preferred if Victor's development led to him properly retiring and both of them letting go of him skating. But one episode I don't like is just that, the series was great and now that it also sold really well I'm sure we're getting a second season. I still have a couple of series I haven't watched yet from last year that I'm interested in, but for now YoI is by far my 2016 AOTY<3

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
27f942fb16b744f3a91711538cb0f06e.jpg

Gimme!!!

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
^ So cute! The eros costume always looks better in fanart and concepts, even there, than in the anime. It's really pretty actually, I love the little bit of red and the finger sleeves. Not really a fan of nendos but that one is cute :l Too bad I have no moneys.

Back