• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yugioh RP Proposition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I've been in like what, two or three Yugioh RP's in the past, and I've learned that even with good roleplayers in it, there always comes the problem of the actual card game itself- even when teo people can make it work, there's so many problems with response to actions and skipping the opportunity for the opponent to do something by accident. Far too messy. Then you have the aftermath; since people are going to of course try to win.

There's also the pressing matter of only like, three other people I can think of being aware of the card game up to today, meaning that decks that people make will be unorganized, not following a clear "theme" like the anime and kind of acting strange. This also occurs when most of the people participating only know of the game/anime up to the first seaosn, and are in the dakr or just don't like anything else from the 5D's or even GX era.

So, yeah, complaints. My idea for a Yugioh RP this time around though, is changing it to suit the more general action/FF-like group of roplayers, while retaining lots of Yugioh elements.

Imagine, if you will, a story arc in season 1 of Yugioh DM and the Virtual World arc at the end of season 2. You have the characters participating in this computer game that had them using their cards in a more interactive way. That's pretty much what this would be about; roleplaying a group of people who, for whatever reason, are stuck in this virtual reality game where they get dressed up as one of their favorite cards and have to "win" for whatever that implies. To make this totally less boring, they would still be using a deck- their "deck master" as one may remember from that later mentioned seaosn being what they take the form of.

And, basically, they would use cards outside of the actual card game, such as using Equip Cards as actual weapons or monsters to serve as a distraction while trying to escape a bigger enemy. More docile creatures from the game would be in towns or something, and you would interact with them and other Spell or Trap cards in a realistic way.

The essential idea, yes. The only jarring problem, of course, is that using cards in certain creative manners may make it difficult for people who aren't so big on the game to get into things, however I hope that this no-card-games-playing style would make it more appealing to those same casual fans. And then you have people wanting to be a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Hopefully, however, some of the more experienced roleplayers could jsut look up a handful of cards they like that go together and use them without any knowledge of the game whatsoever, looking up whatever cards may get mentioned in the story.

tl:dr Yugioh RP except you dress up as the monsters and use cards as weapons. Yugioh FF.

I'd like to hear if anyone is interested.

FinalSora04

Awards
i've honestly thought of doing the same thing for a while i just never got around to it, but yeah, i'll join if it gets enough interest

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Nice to hear it's getting interest. I've considered tying it into the actual card game by setting it into the world of the Duel Terminal series, since they've recently gotte ntheir own canon. Our own characters could take part in the epic.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Well that's 4 total, awesome. It's making me wanna think things up, and you never know who would join in later. Really looking forward to where this is going.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Considering starting this up soon, as I'm trying to figure out how to set this up with the Duel Terminal story line, since there are all those monsters and whatnot. I think that there could be a couple of characters per roleplayer, and we could just get creative with some background things. In fact, it could even be split up into individual story arcs or "levels"; hence the video game thing.

Looking for ideas form anyone familiar with the canon or cards, but look for the sign-up to pop up fairly soon.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Yeah, I'll be setting up the story with the first post of the sign up, to show where we would begin in the canon. For those who follow the Duel Terminal sets, I'm thinking that it'll be around the end of 2 and beginning of 3.

Axel_FODF

So you are going to post the sign up soon? :) and on the sign u i think you shold put some basic rules of the game for the RP for those who don't know if you weren't already planning on doing that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back