• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Yu-Gi-Oh!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Sweet, dude. (I still love the look of the box :)

And those are just foils. Of course it comes with more cards and staples too. Imagine when they release Kaiba's version and Joey's. I had come to surprise about something by the way. Do you know what Ring of Destruction is?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
And those are just foils. Of course it comes with more cards and staples too. Imagine when they release Kaiba's version and Joey's. I had come to surprise about something by the way. Do you know what Ring of Destruction is?
That's the one where you blow up an opponent's monster and then both players take damage equal to the card's either current attack or original attack, I can't remember which. It also has one of the very few censorships I don't mind (the flames kinda look better.)
What was the surprise you came to?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
That's the one where you blow up an opponent's monster and then both players take damage equal to the card's either current attack or original attack, I can't remember which. It also has one of the very few censorships I don't mind (the flames kinda look better.)
What was the surprise you came to?

They changed the entire ruling of the entire card.

The original RoD:

180912093.jpg

The new RoD:
1069975.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
0_0
That...is a surprise! We've all seen cards reworded but they've never been completely altered before.
During your opponent's turn... *mumble mumble* blah blah blah. That's pretty nerfed, but it's interesting that when targeting it simply says "ATK" not "original ATK". So you could, say target a monster who's ATK has been lowered.

The change I would assume will affect it's listing on the forbidden/limited (probably get moved to semi.) The only reasoning I could see for a complete change of the card would be so it can get more use.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
0_0
That...is a surprise! We've all seen cards reworded but they've never been completely altered before.
During your opponent's turn... *mumble mumble* blah blah blah. That's pretty nerfed, but it's interesting that when targeting it simply says "ATK" not "original ATK". So you could, say target a monster who's ATK has been lowered.

The change I would assume will affect it's listing on the forbidden/limited (probably get moved to semi.) The only reasoning I could see for a complete change of the card would be so it can get more use.

I started playing Yugioh! Legacy of the Duelist for the PS4. And that's how I found out. I was in total shocked. The card used to be a huge staple; you were able to bring down your opponent a lot quicker. Not only that your life points gets affected first then your opponent. It kind of works the same but you could feel strain.

I believe according to the game, RoD is still banned. But you're now allowed to use two Magic Cylinders lol.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I started playing Yugioh! Legacy of the Duelist for the PS4. And that's how I found out. I was in total shocked. The card used to be a huge staple; you were able to bring down your opponent a lot quicker. Not only that your life points gets affected first then your opponent. It kind of works the same but you could feel strain.

I believe according to the game, RoD is still banned. But you're now allowed to use two Magic Cylinders lol.
Last I knew, Ring of Destruction moved to limited, but now I'm not sure.
But yeah that's a bummer in the video games now.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Last I knew, Ring of Destruction moved to limited, but now I'm not sure.
But yeah that's a bummer in the video games now.

I feel like buying a print at least online before they ran out lol. In a way, it kind of sucks of Konami doing that because if they keep on changing the terms of the cards then there's no purpose of it since how it started.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Does anyone play YuGioH videogames still? Started to play one on the PS4 called Legacy of the Duelist.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Haven't for a long time. I think my last game was Nightmare Troubadour on the DS

If you're still familiar with the ruling of the TCG. You can give it a go. I thought I was going to lose it all since I was never knowledgeable of the Synchro, XYZ and now Pendulum Monsters. I still carry the same tactics as I had before the ban list ever existed but obviously still following it. The game could be digitally downloaded on the PS4 for just $20 but you'd need PS+ to play online. It works great though. The last time I ended up getting a YuGiOh game was for the GameBoy Advance. I believe World Championship Tournament 2005.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Another trailer
[video=youtube;FGzWLONzscM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzWLONzscM[/video]

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I wish there was a subbed one some where... :/ I guess the Pharaoh isn't coming?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I made a new friend recently who is SUPER into Yu-Gi-Oh, and he asked if I'd want to duel him at his house. He made me up a deck of some of his spare cards real quick (I lost mine years ago, no idea what happened to them. They were in a Harry Potter lunch box, which is also gone...), and 2 turns into the duel I was totally lost. The TCG is completely different now, like what the fuck?

I hadn't watched the show since Battle City ended, and I watched the theatrical movie, I am SOOO far behind on this series. Thinking of just reading the manga of the orginal to finish up that story. I have Legacy of the Duelist on PS4 and I can keep up with the orginal, but I am pretty lost on the newer series'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back