• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Pharaoh's Throne

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Light

faster than
Awards
Yu-Gi-Oh: The Pharaoh's Throne - A LightChill production

Ancient Egypt;

Had only the Pharaohs survived.

Once upon a time, there was only a single nation, Egypt, that was, to say, a cut above the rest. It survived thousands of years, built monuments of great size and durability. But these monuments didn't just serve to inspire awe and confusion for future spectators. No, these constructions were a focal point for a special energy.

The pyramids were theoldest form of machine to project a Duel. The Duel Energy is taken and absorbed into the point at the tip; from there it is dispersed through the rest of the shape.

One day, Ra visited the Egyptians, at the centre of the largest pyramid. He offered them his very Throne, a relic that would bring them to the height of their power. All that the Egyptians had to do was beat Ra in a Duel.

Many died in their attempts to beat the sunn god Ra, until one beat the god. Ra, surprised by this victory, gifted the man with his Throne, and three ultimately powerful cards.

What are known as the God Cards were given to him, Slifer, Ra, and Obelisk.

The Egyptians honoured this man, this man who sat upon a throne, made of solid gold and adorned with strange symbols, and he and his bloodline threw the Egyptians forward.

Then a curse befell them. Even in a perfect government there are the rebellious people who stand against those who wish to do the best, and what is right. Apophis, the snake god of chaos and discord, visited one of the most dastardly of these rebels and gave him six cards. With these six cards he was to do whatever he wished.

These six cards were the Anti-Gods: Raviel, Uria, Hamon, Dreadroot, Eraser, and Avatar.

Hell was brought down, and civil warcame. This crippled the once great race.

The Throne, beacon of ultimatum and light, was lost, and the Three Gods scattered. The Anti-Gods were separated by the rebel generals who did what the evil do best; became greedy. In their rage they destroyed every single scrap of history or reference in relation to the Throne.

Egypt; October 6th; Egyptian Pyramid

The Pharoah's Headquaters glittered as almost every single item in the room was made of gold. Surprisingly, oxygen was still accounted foras yet another explorer entered the room. This man had been through much, eating the strangely fresh food and drinking from the fountains of the Pyramid. Many traps have been in his way and he had several close-encounters. He had lost track of how long he'd been travelling the several underground tunnels and rooms, but none of that mattered now, he was finally in the Pharaoh's Headquaters.

He took a step forward as he glanced around the large room as the gold seemed to greet him. He took another step forward onto a marvellous red rug, but met no ground. There was no floor under the rug, just a bottomless trap hole, which this unfortunate man had fell down. His screams echoed around the room as he was engulfed in darkness.

Modern Age (In the Yugioh universe):

Tyson walked along the footpath on his way home, whistling to himself.

"Somebodies coming." He heard a boy say. Tyson stopped walking and made no noise. This neighbourhood usually didn't hide anything from one another, so this was odd. Judging by how well he heard that voice, it was coming from just around the corner.

"It's nothing," replied another voice "so, keep talking."

"Well," said the first voice "judging by the news and that elite duelist that came to town a while ago, there's apparently a Throne in Egypt that can make anyone a king."

"Where to in Egypt?"

"OH, umm, I think the elite duelist said underground.'e said something about an underground entrance from the Pyramid directly inthe middle of Egypt, but supposedly only the best of duelists can get in. Some magic barrier or something."

Tyson was disappointed by the last sentence, since he wasn'te ven good at Duel Monsters, but he'd pass it on to his cousin, he might be good enough. He was about to turn the corner and continue walking when the first voice spoke again.

"I heard invitations are going around, sent by some mystery man, asking people to all come on a specific plane or something and he'll meet them in Egypt and they'll all go together. But I still think it'sall for the best of duelists."

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Rules

1. God Mode and Power Playing is not acceptable ,doing so will result in a pot of Ancient Egyptian Acid fall on your character.

2. While playing another Roleplayer on Duelling Network, speak as your character when you summon, just like normal Yu-Gi-Oh. This will make it easier for you to turn duels in to posts.

3. There is a maximum of three characters, but we don’t suggest using three. Claiming that a character is a “NPC” is not acceptable.

4. When posting in the Roleplaying Thread, stay in character and do not make any comments with your characters that cross the 4th wall, which will lead to either LightandDark or Bonechill telling you to edit your post.

5. DO NOT speak in all caps, use appropriate grammar. If your grammar isn’t good enough in a post you will be asked to edit it.

6. You’ll need to be able to actually play Yu-Gi-Oh to be in this roleplay. We don’t want to have to teach several people the rules individually.

7. Add some life to your posts; don’t just say “Fred turned to the wall”. For the sake of all of us, use some adjectives.

8. If you read all these rules please insert “Heart of the cards” above your template.

9. Have some fun.

10. LightandDark and I are the only people to be making executive decisions.

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Templates
Name: Well, mine is Josh
Personality: I hate everyone and everything
Appearance: Pictures are allowed, but please put down a description
Deck Name: Name your deck
Deck: List the cards in your deck. A picture is also acceptable
Duel Disk: Just a picture and name (Optional)
Biography: I was born in a box
Millennium Item: You'll receive you item later on in the roleplay.​

Endless Strategy

I don't think I'll be joining this one, but good idea using dueling network to frame the duels. Normally a play-by-post format makes dueling quite difficult.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Name: Kurai Edgely

Appearance:

tumblr_m6v65fmTgJ1rv13xdo1_500.jpg

Kurai has a tall and skinny figure, sporting a small amount of muscle but still appearing weak. Kurai was a white long sleeved shirt under a black vest. Over this he wears an open black coat, with the right sleeve rolled up. On his hands are fingerless black gloves, and he has a dark blue scarf around his neck. His hair is dark brown and sort of long and messy.

He wears grey pants with a black belt. His deck is kept in a black and white checker box attached to his belt. His shoes are white with a black sole. Kurai is quite pale, but when he runs he can become red, like any normal person.

Personality: Kurai is a manipulative person, only aiming to accomplish his own goals at any costs. At first, Kurai makes himself appear as a kind and friendly person, but once he manages to befriend somebody it is a whole different story. Kurai may sometimes display some acts of kindness, but he is mostly a cold-hearted and power driven person. He used to be a good kid, but ever since he received his invitation to hunt for the Throne there has been a strange throbbing at the back of his head and he has changed from a caring person to an evil beast.

Duel Disk: Spellcaster’sAura
tumblr_m9l351Uqir1r4n978o1_500.png

Deck Name: Kurai’sPride

Deck:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Account on DN: Bonechill

Biography: In his early years, Kurai had been a Duel Monsters ace. He’d taken any tournament cup for the children’s division, then moved on to the teenage division and swept up then too. He had never lost aduel until he went on to the adults division at age 15, where he was put upagainst an Elite Duelist and lost within 10 turns. This sent Kurai on a quest to not lose as he built up his Spellcaster Deck to its full potential.

On the day Kurai received his invitation to hunt for the Throne in Egypt a pain erupted in the back of his head, and his emotions began to slowly distort and make him a beast. On the day of the plane flight, he said goodbye to his family and head to the airport, and after getting out the taxi he collapsed just inside the airport. A voice had called to him, it beckoned him.

“Find me,” It commanded “find the Millennium Ring.”

And then it was gone.

All right then, Kurai thought as he got to his feet, grabbed his brief-case and walked to where he would meet the other invited duelists.

MillenniumItem: Millennium Ring

Last edited:

Aphex

.Inspire.
Before I decide on working on a template, how would our posts work? Like, I understand using Dueling Network and all but how would we be able to post lol.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Fairly simple.

When you are dueling on DN, stay in character and talk like they would in the Anime, e.g "I summon Blue Eyes WHite Dragon!" etc. But you mus make sure both roleplayers do this, otherwise this roleplay would fall a part.
Post would be normal when not dueling e.g walking around, chatting, dodging a very dangerous trap, etc.

However, don't make several posts for one duel, make the duel one large post, with gaps in between paragraphs so there isn't any machine gun posting.

Unless Light has anything to say, that's how it is done.

Light

faster than
Awards
Sounds pretty right. So, as Bone explained, post like its the anime. You can make your adjustments where needed. If it was posted in different posts, then it would draw the duel out too long, and might possibly be considered spam. Just a ton of unneccasary posts really.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Ah shit I was skeptical but you guys really want to use DN to play out stuff and that'ssss so cool.

This looks like an AU that skews from the Dawn of the Duel season of DM, right?

Light

faster than
Awards
You can use any cards you want really.
OK, so what has happened is pretty much what Iza has said but the world is set in the present phase: meaning any cards really.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Ok then, Seeker.

I'm just going to use the deck I always play with.
Pretty handy deck in my opinion.

Awards
“Heart of the cards”

“Heart of the cards”

Name: Onadi Edgeworth

Personality: Onadi is an eager duelist, although he will kindly accept refusals. He possesses a heart of justice and will not let anything bad happen to those he is close to unless it's beyond his power. He's also "savvy", with an idea of what conventional things might happen, such as knowing never to split the party with a dangerous figure on the loose for example. However, he's also self conscious of his appearance, always wanting to have some sort of headgear even though he isn't ugly without one.

Appearance:
Hat-Guy-x-Edo-78568500

The guy on the left

Standing at 6 feet tall, his face was concealed with a red cap that had a certain logo on it. He also wore a simple red T-shirt, a backpack, an analog watch, faded jeans, and white sneakers.

Behind the cap was dusty brown hair and hazel eyes.

Deck Name: Life Drainer

Deck:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Duel Disk: (don't have a picture, sorry)

Onadi possesses a unique "Duel Disk" called the Duel Belt, a prototype for people who "somehow can't hold up their arms for a long period of time while they duel". It consists of two parts.

The first part is a piece of tech that was at least seven cards wide and is strapped to Onadi's belt. The wide end that was visible had had six panels for Monster Cards and the Field Spell Card and a LED that served as a Life Point counter. On the narrow side where he can reach were eight slots, five for Spell and Trap Cards, one for the Extra Deck, and two for the Graveyard and Removed From Play cards.

The second part was strapped to his right wrist like a watch. It was a big, round, translucent blue centerpiece akin to one in some other model of Duel Disk that also displayed a Life Point Counter. Just below this centerpiece was a slot for his deck, which had an automatic shuffling system and an automatic card ejection system for drawing cards.

Biography: Onadi was a skilled duelist, utilizing numerous decks. At first, he started with decks that were all for ATK, but he eventually changed to ones like the "Life Drainer" deck he uses today after losing to an duelist who whittled him down with Effect Damage. Since then, he's had many more wins than losses than before.

On the day Onadi received his invitation to hunt for the Throne in Egypt, he received a strange vision. He couldn't make out any of it and soon forgot about it. On the day of his departure, he bid farewell to his family and headed to the airport via taxi. Once he made it, he was about to step inside when an image flashed in his mind.

The image was of an ankh, but at the bottom of it was a 'tooth' like one would find in a key.

The image was a fleeting one, but it was one he would definitely remember as he grabbed his stroller bag and made his way to where the rest of the invited duelists were gathered.

Millennium Item: Millennium Key

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Accepted. Welcome to the Roleplay.

Now we need to wait for some more members.

Light

faster than
Awards
I don't think you have.
It looks pretty nice and clean to me. I'll put one of my decks up soon.

EDIT: Had a quick look - Magician of Faith is Forbidden. Will check with Bone to see if we'll let it slide, just means that we'll have to play Traditional or something I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back