• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yu-Gi-OH: A New Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Several years after the events of the 5-DS era people have grown tired of watching others ride around on motorcycle's and use cards to battle each other with large and powerful monsters. Mostly because a championship was being held and a battler crashed into a wall whilst placing down a card, so the public just want to watch and enjoy Duel Monsters instead of watching of watching people race. The Duel Disk's have been brought back to duelling and the duellist's have re-adjusted to the re-introduced style. Tournaments have been held at large stadiums and astonishingly large crowds have appeared to watch the old style re-introduced with new duellist's. New cards have been introduced to Duel Monsters that vary in their power and the monsters size. You will see the ordinary old cards but some duellers only use new ones seeming they can make their own. The new cards are powerful but the more tournaments that a dueller has won, the more powerful they can be.

The duellers have taken this new feature surprisingly well and have been signing up for the tournaments that come their way. The Duel Disks have been upgraded so duellers can choose it's appearance and can take it into stores to have it repaired in case it has been broken.

But even in this new age people have been going missing for unknown reasons. But the most concerning fact is that pro duellers have been the ones that go missing....

Many think that F.Graystone is the man behind the disappearances. Mostly people think so because he was the main reason duel disks returned to Duel Monsters.
He watches every tournament that is held in a stadium in a large, completely glass room at the highest peak of each building so he can get full view of each battle that takes place in the stadium. He calls up the winners of each match to the glass dome and presents them with their reward before telling them they may leave.

After the duellist's have left they seem like mindless drones and say nothing to anyone. It is usually a day later that the duellist's disappear.

Some say that they return to F.Graystone and are killed, others say that they are sucked into a powerful monster card and increases the cards power. No duellist's have returned from meeting F.Graystone the second time and local duellist's have tried to win tournaments to meet him and question him, but they are also turned into a mindless drone.

F.Graystone has denied having anything to do with the disappearances and quotes:
"If you want to discover anything you're looking the wrong way. I didn't bring back Duel Disks just to be accused of killing good duellist's."

Graystone has only ever been spotted duelling once. It was when he was battling a friend. Many said that as soon as he saw he was being watched he left as soon as he could.

Now it is our time, it's our turn to duel, it's our turn to win tournaments. IS OUR TURN TO BECOME THE BEST DUELLERS!

This role-play is actually less complicated than it seems. We have Magicedd judging all of the battles and controlling your decks. He tells you what cards you draw and such.

Template:

Name:

Appearance:

Favourite Card: Choose a card you like!

Duel Disk appearance:

History:

Family: Any family?

Rivals (Optional): You can make up a rival or choose another rper, but make sure they approve.

Friends:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

My template is coming.
This roleplay has three owners, MagicEdd,LightandDark and myself.
We may also get people to help run the sign-ups.

Enjoy Duelling!

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
Will have a template soon. Hope this goes underway. I make a shout to all of the Yugioh players out there. Join us now and enjoy the fun.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Thak you Light! My template is still being created at this very moment. But it's coming. Everybody! Join this! It's great!

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
You choose what goes into your deck the onlything i do is print out the cards and pm you what they are. Anywho, ill have a temp for the rich billion air up soon.

BTW, to everyone who dosnt know im just a card dealer, im not going to be dualing

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Idek if it's worth pointing out but regular duels never left the show's universe. They were just as common as riding ones, and crashing was kind of not common because of the computers in the bikes oh nevermind.

But uh, whatever. I might try signing up for the sake of something yugioh here.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
I see that Ritual's are accepted but does that mean that Fusion monsters, and Snychro monsters are accepted in that catergory as well? I mean I never bothered joining in any of the other past Yu-gi-oh RP's (unless I missed a few that dated back to the first and second season of Yu-gi-oh). But I'm kinda bored at the moment and I wonder how things will turn out in the RP based on the biggest childrens card game and yet still popular anime that's still going on for some reason.

I may look back into my old Yu-gi-oh cards and select the few I have in my deck. (my original deck has over 80 cards, I couldn't decide what to throw out of it and I liked every card that seemed acceptable and might help me in a duel) Just like to point out I'm keeping my three Blue Eyes White Dragons, Red Eyes Darkness Dragon, and a few mentionable others (I am taking out my Winged Dragon of Ra card, just doesn't seem fair if I used that in here). Basically I'll just make a Dragon/ Warrior deck if needed.(But once I do find out we can have fusion monsters in here I'm totally bringing in my Dragon Master Knight, that is my trump card in any duel)

Izayoi

galactic cancer
We are going to start off at begginer levels, so when you make your first post and such it can only have,
3 ritual summons/monsters
11 monsters
10 magic
10 trap
11 effect monsters

so 45 card limit of course. You can choose to have less if you want. nothing over no exchaning, and yes you may make your own cards. minium card limit is 25.

Exodia is not allowed, effects like Exodia is not allowed.

Card limits are 3 of each.

No Rare cards, like Sifer, etc.

When you win a tornament, you will be able to get rare cards, and/or make rare cards, depending on the prize. When you win a battle against some one in the rp, I will shuffle the cards, pick the five first ones from the top, and then you will be able to choose any 1 of the five, and you may add it to your deck.

When submitting everything to me, please post all cards in a word doc, and make sure you have the links posted as well.

Written by MagicEdd.

Wait I just saw this what.

So everyone -has- to have Rituals etc and has to have this exact number of monsters and spells and stuff? 11 Normal Monsters is hardly practical, and some decks people would like to make may not even use that many traps or whatever. Just because the numbers are even-ish doesn't make them 'beginniner', right? And minimum deck limit 25? A game wouldn't last very long if that was how it was. That's why irl limits are 40-60. Not too big or small. I mean, the way the real game works should probably come into play considering it's the same card game.

I mean, maybe I'm nitpicking. Maybe. Just maybe. Or maybe I play the real game too much but it feels like a turn off to have a rules so unlike the actual game whe the whole idea was that the game was 'going back to its roots' or something.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Happy to see where I pointed that out. The decks should be limited to at least 45 to 60 or 65 depending how long our duels should take. And I'm not sure if any cards in the extra deck would count as the total card limit for your deck.

Course I'm still confused on where the extra cards go in the duel disks on the show, except on a few occausions on Yu-gi-oh 5D's they show some of the characters holding their Snychro monsters in their hand and drew it from their deck so I wondered if that would be the same for Fushion monsters too (if they are included).

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Very good point, 40-60 it is then.

Wingdragon... is not allowed anyway....you should put dragon capture jars to killl his dragons bewhahahaaha mister blue eyes

Anyway dont be afriad to "nitpick" i like those people, they just improve the rp

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Well this is the "After school posts" that I was expecting! Thanks!

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Name: Jake BlackHeart

Appearance: Jake wears a pitch black coat ((Think Black GX coat)), a dark blue T-Shirt underneath and Black jeans, black boots. His hair looks like Zack Fair's from Final Fantasy and is a very dark blue colour.

Personality: Jake is a good friend. He can easily make friends, but he can make enemies with people that hurt his friends aswell. He is overally nice but when things start getting out of hand he basically snaps and goes mental. Which probably results in him leaving for a couple of days to clear his mind.

Favourite Card: Dark Magician

Duel Disk: http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://i19.tinypic.com/4ku4shi.png&imgrefurl=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/244381-yugioh-dimensional-war%25E2%2580%2599s-occstartedalways-accepting/&usg=__cpXZJOuoixErbVrIydczygTvdUA=&h=228&w=440&sz=110&hl=en&start=5&zoom=1&tbnid=VqLIphddGpaSzM:&tbnh=66&tbnw=127&ei=ANSnTbahOIGsvgPS5-X8CA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCustom%2BYuGiOh%2Bduel%2Bdisks%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4SUNC_enAU376AU376%26biw%3D1916%26bih%3D757%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1

Family: Father, Mother.

Rivals: Shaun Mealstorm ((Maybe more))

Friends: Josh Blinkolo, Tamika Jane and Jacob Blain

History:
Beginnings
Jake first found out about duelling when he was only five. He watched every battle that came his way and forced his father to buy tickets to watch them. He loved battles, just as much as he loved his family. The first battle he ever saw was between to elite duellist's on his way to Pre-school. Both Elite's were using old cards and one had a Dark Magician on his side of the field. The second Elite only had one chance to use his spell card so he made his Moon Envoy commit suicide basically. He sent the Moon Envoy against the opponents Dark Magician and it was destroyed. Too bad the Elite didn't get to use the spell card and he was defeated. The losing duellist tossed his Duel Disk to the ground and left, but the winner picked up the Duel Disk and gave it to Jake.
"Use this well, you look like you can use it." He said as Jake took the disk. But then the Elite left Jake with a smile on his face as he dropped a Dark Magician card on the ground. Jake picked up the card and put it in his pocket.
"Keep it kid." Jake watched the Elite as he left.
That day was the day that Jake wanted to become the champion of Duel Monsters.

Academy
Jake enrolled in Duel Academy as soon as he could and began to learn how to craft strategies.
He made a few enemies there, one of them was called Shaun.
Jake was one of the best at the academy. His favourite battle was against himself in a dream.
It was one of the dreams that you can still be half awake but still dream and control what happens. It was quite odd though, seeming he couldn't control his opponent at all. His opponent kept telling him that if he lost he could never wake up. But Jake ignored himself and continued to battle. It took a while but Jake won and woke up.
But the day came that he graduated from the academy and had to leave his friends to part ways. He was sad, but it had to be done.

Now
Now Jake takes part in the tournaments that come his way, he doesn't always win but sometimes you don't want to. Mainly because F.Graystone was there. Jake is sick of Graystone and believes what he has done to Elite duellist's.

Now a new tournament has come and F.Graystone is there and Jake is going to find out what's happening, even if it leads to being sucked into a card.

Expect me to add much more detail soon!

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Name: Amethyst "Ame" Frost

Appearance: (the only difference is that her hair is more of a silvery-white color and she has violet eyes instead). Generally she doesn’t where any shoes, but if she does its black flats. She wears a silver bracelet with black jewels intertwined into it; the only other piece of jewelry is a golden locket that she hides under her shirt.

Favorite Card: Oh, tricky question. It’s is a toss up between Change of Heart and Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Duel Disk appearance: It's in her picture, but instead it's a darker blue and silver.

Personality: Ame is very quiet, preferring not to draw attention to herself; she would rather wait for someone to approach her. Gentle, she has a knack for guessing what's on someone's mind; very peaceful and easy to get along with, she prefers the olive branch approach, but when that doesn't work, she'll resort to fighting and her wits to outsmart her opponent. Reserved, Ame isn't a party animal, not one to show her emotions to prevent from being a burden to those around her. Quite brave, Ame has a strong sense of right and wrong; she is very protective over those that she holds dear; and she's willing to do anything to protect them.

History: Born to a middle class family, Amethyst is the youngest and, in terms of health, weakest of her family. At the age of five, her brother got her some duel monsters cards as a present; to which Alex had rolled her eyes and dismissed the gift. Their mom lightly scolded her; saying that she shouldn't be so rude when Matt had put a lot of thought into the gift. Apologizing, the night continued on as normal, it wasn't until later that night that Alex explained it to Ame.

Smiling, Ame forfeited her copy of Change of Heart; surprising Alex. "You shouldn't have been so cruel; you could have just told them the truth." After a little bit more talking, the girls went to sleep; the next day their both started to teach them the basics of the card game. A few months later, both girls were skilled enough to be classified as a challenge alone or together. At the age of six, she'd often slip off to the beach to relax; Ame was surprised when she saw a young boy she didn't recognize.

Curious yet too shy to ask, Amethyst made a regular habit of slipping down to the beach to watch. After about nine years of doing this; she fell into a nasty depression, having a falling out with a really close guy friend and Alex taking off; her parents up and vanishing. Slipping off to the beach more and more, she'd spend several hours there and just get lost in the sounds around her. Pulling herself together, Ame vowed never to let that happen again and started searching for her parents; having only one lead: F.Graystone

Family: Her older brother Matt and her twin sister Alexandrite (Alex or Ali).

Rivals (Optional): Alexandrite

Friends: Matt Frost, Kira Quickclaw and her pet collie Aleu.

Other: Amethyst has a special connection with her cards, but her strongest one is Heart of Soul. Also, since she was a child, she can sometimes "see" things that most people can't.

Theme Song: In Between Dances by Pam Tillis

Alt. Theme: Cosmos' Theme

Duel Theme: Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park

~--------~

I’ll finish this up in a bit; there are just a few things I need to figure out. I hope everything's okay so far; and I am totally getting a could've-been-better vibe off of the bio. Sorry if that part is junk, I'm trying to get back into role-playing and my brain fried toward the end of it. ^^;;

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Template

If this guy ain't a cliche, I don't know what is!

Name:
Bryce Woodward

Appearance:
This

Favourite Card:
Dark Magician

Duel Disk appearance:
This

Personality:
In a word, Bryce is naive. He's always brimming with excitement over technology because it's all new to him. At times he does get annoying to others, but they tend to quickly get over it. Other than that, he has a strong sense of justice. He never hesitates to stand up for those being picked on which has caused him lots of grief. In the end he tends to find some way of getting even with the bullies, but this tends to bring up more problems. Regardless, he still stands up for others and will do anything he can for those that he is close to.

History:
The full history of Bryce is one clouded in mystery even to himself. The furthest back that he can remember is waking up on the shore of a beach with a Dark Magician card in his hand. At that time the seven year old could not remember much about the world of Duel Monsters, but he knew that the card he had had a good amount of power with several different ways of making it better. Regardless, the child set off to find someone that might know who he is.

Instead he found an old woman living alone near the beach. It's still unclear why she decided to be so nice to the boy, but she quickly accepted the boy and promised to find out where he comes from. But with only a name to go on, something like that can be all but impossible. Still, the old woman worked to raise the boy as she searched for his family. It wasn't until the boy turned seventeen that the years finally caught up to the old woman. She quickly grew ill until she died with Bryce by her side. It's this moment that Bryce vowed to continue her search, not for his own sake but for the memory of the woman that raised him.

With that notion he grabbed the deck that he spent years building and left for the nearest city. Once there he was amazed at the level of technology and how popular Duel Monsters really was. Feeling the excitement that anyone would he challenged the first Duelist he saw only to discover that there was something he needed: a Duel Disk. Feeling depressed at not being able to duel, Bryce wandered around the area only to end up at a shop selling just what he needed. With that he gathered his life's savings and spent every bit of it on a duel disk. He finally had the means to duel someone! Even to this day he spends his time searching for his family and trying to find someone strong to duel.

Family:
None that he knows of.

Rivals:

Friends:

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
I'll have my temp up in the next few days (gotta figure out my deck and what not, working tomorrow and prom's on saturday)

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Are we going to abide by the current forbidden/restricted list? Would be kind of ridiculous if we didnt; even the show doesn't used banned or even staple stuff other than Pot of Greed in GX...which is banned anyway.

I swear I'll do crazy Yata-Lock things if we're going the Traditional format route.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
...I don't even know what the forbbiden cards are! I know that Monster Reborn is one. I've got some that could be on the list, but those only have one. The most that I can see are there being multiples of a card that's on the list for being limited to just one.

Man it's been ages since I kept up with this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back